It is currently Mon May 20, 2019 12:34 am

All times are UTC+01:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 210 posts ]  Go to page Previous 15 6 7 8 9 Next
PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2019 8:05 pm 
Colonel
Colonel

Gutted about Keith Flint.

:((

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2019 8:15 pm 
Colonel
Colonel

PBFMullethunter wrote:

And women everywhere who were teenagers in the 1990s are heartbroken.

Men on the other hand from back then are going "meh, nothing of value was lost".

PCNC and PBF live in death!

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2019 8:29 pm 
Lieutenant-Colonel
Lieutenant-Colonel

SomeGuy wrote:
PBFMullethunter wrote:

Men on the other hand from back then are going "meh, nothing of value was lost".

I watched the show occasionally but wasn't a huge fan. Dudes with sideburns were always immense cunts at that particular point in time.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2019 9:02 pm 
Colonel
Colonel

phpBB [video]

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2019 9:10 pm 
Colonel
Colonel

PBFMullethunter wrote:
SomeGuy wrote:
PBFMullethunter wrote:

I watched the show occasionally but wasn't a huge fan. Dudes with sideburns were always immense cunts at that particular point in time.

I didn't watch 90210 or anything like it such as Dawson's Creek either. One reason was yes the fugly sideburns dudes being massive thundercunts. Another was way too many bitchy or whiny valley girl types who all looked anorexic or bulimic.

I'm sorry but I do not find walking skeletons sexy, especially when said walking skeletons have more air in their skulls than brains.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2019 11:20 pm 
First Sergeant
First Sergeant

Holy fuck i forgot about the side burns. ||/()

belonged to someone yesterday
and will be someone else’s tomorrow

Change is the Law of The Universe

-------------------------------------------------

“A good traveler has no fixed plans, and is not intent on arriving.” – Lao Tzu

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2019 9:32 pm 
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Another comedy legend from my youth gone, RIP Mr Conway and thanks for the laughs.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/entertainment/obit-tim-conway-1.5135359

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2019 10:35 pm 
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Poor Tim. Dude was suffering from Dementia.

Tim Conway and Don Knots might be the greatest comedy Duo I’ve ever seen. Genius comic. Sad news.

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2019 5:06 am 
Holyman
Holyman

Is nobody going to mention Doris Day?

Pretty sure I predicted about 5 years ago that she would "die soon"...

So I don't want to crow.

:">

"To be hopeful in bad times is not just foolishly romantic. It is based on the fact that human history is a history not only of cruelty, but also of compassion, sacrifice, courage, kindness. What we choose to emphasize in this complex history will determine our lives. If we see only the worst, it destroys our capacity to do something. If we remember those times and places—and there are so many—where people have behaved magnificently, this gives us the energy to act, and at least the possibility of sending this spinning top of a world in a different direction. And if we do act, in however small a way, we don’t have to wait for some grand utopian future. The future is an infinite succession of presents, and to live now as we think human beings should live, in defiance of all that is bad around us, is itself a marvellous victory." - Howard Zinn

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2019 8:43 am 
Major General
Major General

Holyman wrote:
Is nobody going to mention Doris Day?

Pretty sure I predicted about 5 years ago that she would "die soon"...

So I don't want to crow.

:">

Why you keep posting so early in the morning? You some sort of psychopath or something?

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2019 9:18 am 
Holyman
Holyman

One day soon, with any luck, I'll create some time to catch y'all up on all the exciting, dynamic and positively progressive things that are happening in my World at the moment...

Like the talk I gave to an audience at The Ministry of Sound last Wednesday, on "The Future of Money". (I now have a regular monthly speaking gig there, and a director of documentary films has expressed a strong interest in helping me reach a wider audience...)

In the meantime, posting whilst on the toilet before I start my action-packed days, is sadly becoming the norm...

:-??

"To be hopeful in bad times is not just foolishly romantic. It is based on the fact that human history is a history not only of cruelty, but also of compassion, sacrifice, courage, kindness. What we choose to emphasize in this complex history will determine our lives. If we see only the worst, it destroys our capacity to do something. If we remember those times and places—and there are so many—where people have behaved magnificently, this gives us the energy to act, and at least the possibility of sending this spinning top of a world in a different direction. And if we do act, in however small a way, we don’t have to wait for some grand utopian future. The future is an infinite succession of presents, and to live now as we think human beings should live, in defiance of all that is bad around us, is itself a marvellous victory." - Howard Zinn

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2019 4:30 pm 
Major General
Major General

Holyman wrote:
Like the talk I gave to an audience at The Ministry of Sound last Wednesday, on "The Future of Money".

Was van Buuren your warmup act?

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2019 5:27 pm 
Holyman
Holyman

Luciano.

\:D/

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2019 2:21 am 
Sergeant-Major
Sergeant-Major

Isaac Kappy took a header off an Arizona bridge
He was a crazy conspiracy guy
He accused actor Seth Green and director Steven Spielberg of sexually abusing him and he choked Michel Jackson's daughter
He was 42

- Donald Trump

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2019 5:31 am 
Holyman
Holyman

Did he jump? Or was he pushed..?

:-S

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2019 5:47 am 
Sergeant-Major
Sergeant-Major

Fair question

- Donald Trump

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2019 5:51 am 
Colonel
Colonel

He was pushed by his crazy. Nothing else.

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2019 6:04 am 
Lieutenant-Colonel
Lieutenant-Colonel

What you might call a Kappy ending.

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2019 7:53 am 
Holyman
Holyman

Are you here all week Sid..?

^:)^

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2019 8:45 am 
Lieutenant-Colonel
Lieutenant-Colonel

Holyman wrote:
Are you here all week Sid..?

^:)^

lol

I was tempted to add a badum-tish. :D

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2019 12:01 am 
Lieutenant-Colonel
Lieutenant-Colonel

Larrikin former Aussie PM Bob Hawke fell of his twig yesterday. He was a hugely popular figure in his day, and given that the federal election is being held on Saturday and all election advertising on TV and print is banned from now to then, his death may just swing the election away from the conservatives towards his Labor Party.

I knew him personally in my youth. The first time we met I was in freshman year studying photography at RMIT in 1970. A mate had swung a photo op with Bob and asked me to help out with the lighting and carrying the gear (we used 4*5" large format in those days and it was heavy stuff).

Bob was president of the Australian Council of Trade Unions then and his office was just up the road. So we rocked up at about 2pm on a Friday. Bob invited us into his office and we three had a great chat while we set up. Photos over with, Bob asked if we'd like a beer, and opened up what looked like a standard office cabinet, only to reveal the biggest bar fridge in the universe, stocked to the brim with cans and bottles of beer.

I don't remember much after that, except that taxis had to be called...for all three of us.

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2019 1:05 am 
Major
Major

Nice story Sid.

Quote:
His reputation as a tippler was cemented during his years as a Rhodes scholar at Oxford University in England, where he earned a Guinness world record by downing 2 1/2 pints of beer in 11 seconds.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/bob-hawke- ... 019-05-16/

phpBB [video]

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2019 2:10 am 
Lieutenant-Colonel
Lieutenant-Colonel

Foota wrote:
Nice story Sid.

Quote:
His reputation as a tippler was cemented during his years as a Rhodes scholar at Oxford University in England, where he earned a Guinness world record by downing 2 1/2 pints of beer in 11 seconds.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/bob-hawke- ... 019-05-16/

phpBB [video]

Yeah, he was a great bloke to hang out with. We all remember this comment after Oz finally won the America's Cup.

phpBB [video]

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2019 3:08 pm 
Colonel
Colonel

Grumpy Cat is dead.

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2019 3:43 pm 
Lieutenant-Colonel
Lieutenant-Colonel

Isn’t it 2019 now?

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 210 posts ]  Go to page Previous 15 6 7 8 9 Next