It is currently Sun Sep 22, 2019 9:03 am

All times are UTC+01:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 1238 posts ]  Go to page Previous 137 38 39 40 4150 Next
PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2019 6:02 pm 
Colonel
Colonel

Windy as fuck right now ahead of the alleged snow that's possibly showing up tomorrow.

PCNC and PBF live in death!

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2019 2:23 am 
Sergeant-Major
Sergeant-Major

78 degrees
Mowed my yard and went for a swim

- Boris Johnson

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2019 4:09 am 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Windy as

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2019 6:50 am 
Colonel
Colonel

Freezing balls right now. About -15C and dropping. Had some mild snow come in yesterday and bring the temp from near 15C to less than -15C.

Rumor has it it's going to warm up a bit tomorrow and into the weekend.

What sucks the most right now is the furnace in the house has gone out and it's thus only like 12C on the inside. Replacement will show up tomorrow but that doesn't help the right now.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2019 7:39 am 
Lieutenant-Colonel
Lieutenant-Colonel

SomeGuy wrote:
Freezing balls right now. About -15C and dropping. Had some mild snow come in yesterday and bring the temp from near 15C to less than -15C.

Rumor has it it's going to warm up a bit tomorrow and into the weekend.

What sucks the most right now is the furnace in the house has gone out and it's thus only like 12C on the inside. Replacement will show up tomorrow but that doesn't help the right now.

I recommend thermal underwear.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2019 11:54 pm 
Lieutenant-Colonel
Lieutenant-Colonel

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2019 5:02 pm 
Major
Major

It has been raining buckets in SoCal. We got 2 inches of rain in the last 24 hours with more on its way.

I think we are currently double our annual rainfall at this point in time.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2019 6:30 pm 
Lieutenant-Colonel
Lieutenant-Colonel

Foota wrote:
It has been raining buckets in SoCal. We got 2 inches of rain in the last 24 hours with more on its way.

This is an obvious setup for you to talk more about your electric car after barcelona chastises you for causing Global Warming.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2019 6:48 pm 
Colonel
Colonel

Foota wrote:

The Pineapple Express you're getting is making for some snowy conditions in the San Juans and other mountains here today.

Also, making it windy as fuck on the eastern slopes today and yesterday. Allegedly we'll get some rain or snow from it late late tonight into tomorrow morning but unlikely for much outside the mountains.

Though Sunday into Monday it's being predicted for some decent rate snowfall here.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2019 7:04 pm 
Major
Major

SomeGuy wrote:
Foota wrote:

The Pineapple Express you're getting is making for some snowy conditions in the San Juans and other mountains here today.

Good stuff. We need more snow up there to feed the Colorado River. We have some more rain forecasted for next week too.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2019 3:51 pm 
Colonel
Colonel

Presently snowing again for the fourth time this past week. Presently we have somewhere between 3 and 8 inches of snow, probably around 6. Lot of drifting from blizzard conditions last night, some of the drifts are over a foot deep.

The previous storms brought about 5 inches of snow in total combined over three days. (Plus deep cold. So cold it actually killed our snow chances they were forecasting then.)

So all in all, at least a foot of new snow in 7 days on top of the 45 inches we had for the season before....we very well could have had 5 feet of snow for the season by now when normally it might be 3.

But my Dad's 60th(!) birthday was last Monday and usually deep cold in Colorado breaks and gives way to spring snow and warming temperatures within a weekish of that. Next week is predicted to be north of 10C (50F) starting Monday and possibly 15C (59F) or better.

Then it's gonna be March and March almost always means wet.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2019 5:00 pm 
Captain
Captain

Not here, neighbor chick was laying out in our courtyard yesterday in a bikini.

True Story :>_

Although I probably could have worn shorts, I thought it was slightly too brisk and the beach was definitely brisk with the wind.

[**==] [**==] SomeGuy 2020 [**==] [**==]
[**==] [**==] It's going to be a [**==] [**==]
[**==] [**==] Brave New World [**==] [**==]

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2019 6:35 pm 
Major
Major

MIDNIGHT wrote:

Although I probably could have worn shorts, I thought it was slightly too brisk and the beach was definitely brisk with the wind.

Yeah - finally getting some sunny weather on the weekends in SoCal. All the rain and cold was starting to get me down. I enjoyed some coffee in my backyard this morning in shorts and a t-shirt.

Too bad there is no surf.....

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2019 2:45 am 
Captain
Captain

Foota wrote:
MIDNIGHT wrote:

Yeah - finally getting some sunny weather on the weekends in SoCal. All the rain and cold was starting to get me down. I enjoyed some coffee in my backyard this morning in shorts and a t-shirt.

All the trash from the Democratic run paradise that is the greater LA county washed down the San Gaberial river and directly onto my beach creating a tremendous mountain of garbage, I’m not getting in that water anytime soon !

I live less then half a block to the left of that first seagull

But luckily they did ban plastic straws so there is that..... :)

Check link for the lovely slide show.

And thanks for the extra shopping carts LA :-bd

https://www.ocregister.com/2019/02/04/a ... ith-trash/

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2019 2:51 am 
Lieutenant-Colonel
Lieutenant-Colonel

That mess made the news here. Tasmania has banned all single use plastic items at food shops, like straws. Supermarkets no longer issue plastic bags, you have to buy one, or bring your own bags.

Lovely sunny day here in Tassie, 24C (75F). Just been watching the dragon boat races in Lindisfarne Bay from my back deck.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2019 7:47 am 
Captain
Captain

El Sid wrote:
Just been watching the dragon boat races in Lindisfarne Bay from my back deck.

I rather see that drone footage of what your neighbors are up to in their backyards.... ;)

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2019 6:13 pm 
Major
Major

MIDNIGHT wrote:
Foota wrote:
MIDNIGHT wrote:

All the trash from the Democratic run paradise that is the greater LA county washed down the San Gaberial river and directly onto my beach creating a tremendous mountain of garbage, I’m not getting in that water anytime soon !

All this rain is cleaning every nook, cranny and greasy taint of greater Los Angeles and dumping it on your beach.

Here is the Tijuana river sewer from Mexico shitting all over South San Diego and drifting up the coast.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2019 5:17 am 
Lieutenant-Colonel
Lieutenant-Colonel

tgrant made the 6:00 news!

https://www.citynews1130.com/2019/02/25 ... e-jumping/

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2019 6:21 am 
Colonel
Colonel

PBFMullethunter wrote:

Meanwhile in Colorado when our lakes freeze they're either so solid you can walk uninterrupted from end to end without seeing a drop of liquid water or so flimsy you take one step and fall right through.

Rarely is it anything else.

Of course, this time of year the frozen lakes are starting to soften up and retreat at lower elevations in the mountains, they're ice-free on the foothills and plains. By April there won't be a single solid ice lake left, some might still have frozen bits or blocks in them but everything goes ice-free in April. (Then has the spring turnover in May as summer races in.)

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2019 9:26 am 
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

All that huge snow amount has now pretty much melted in two weeks and it's like spring....in February!!?? :-O

Fucked up weather.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2019 6:18 pm 
Major
Major

BUNNY wrote:
All that huge snow amount has now pretty much melted in two weeks and it's like spring....in February!!?? :-O

Fucked up weather.

More rain in California this week. Record snow-pack and our big reservoirs are all nearly full. All of the mountains and hills are bright green.

Another weekend of no surf due to rain and shitty wind conditions. All work and no surf makes Foota a dull boy.....

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2019 6:54 pm 
Colonel
Colonel

Freezing fog yesterday and below 0C for most of the day.

Today we're getting mild Chinook winds and 15C.

This weekend we're expecting yep you guessed it MOAR SNOW. Of course, it's March then and March is our snowiest month. In like a lion indeed.

We've had almost 5 feet for the season, we're really close to having our yearly normal already, not a single watershed in Colorado right now is below normal snowpack at this point this time of year. (Though the snow has been biased towards the southern and western mountains this year such as near me as opposed to the Front and Rampart ranges near Colorado Springs and Denver.)

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2019 7:25 pm 
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Foota wrote:
BUNNY wrote:

Fucked up weather.

More rain in California this week. Record snow-pack and our big reservoirs are all nearly full. All of the mountains and hills are bright green.

Another weekend of no surf due to rain and shitty wind conditions. All work and no surf makes Foota a dull boy.....

Didn't you have exceptionally dry over there for quite a long time? If that was the case it's all good then?

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2019 7:47 pm 
Major
Major

BUNNY wrote:

Didn't you have exceptionally dry over there for quite a long time? If that was the case it's all good then?

Yep - it is feast or famine (as it always has been in California).

2017 was one of the wettest years on record followed by a dry 2018. This year is breaking records and our snowpack is huge.

If California was smart, we would have built the much needed lower elevation reservoirs to store this water instead of letting 90% run off to the ocean.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2019 3:48 pm 
Colonel
Colonel

Foota wrote:
If California was smart

They would also have invested heavily into desalinization technologies decades ago as Israel and a number of other desert countries have.

That, on top of further expanded surface reservoirs.

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 1238 posts ]  Go to page Previous 137 38 39 40 4150 Next