It is currently Sat Mar 23, 2019 2:17 am

All times are UTC+01:00

Post subject: Starcraft 2
PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 8:58 pm 
Corporal
Corporal

Anyone else play this besides myself and pandy?

Always been a big fan of Blizzard RTS, so this one has kept me hooked since it came out two years ago. The first expansion, Heart of the Swarm, is set to be released this fall. More singleplayer missions and some new multiplayer units, should add some twists to the gameplay.

Also enjoy watching some of the pros livestream and the competitions. The WCS Europe is going on right now, and the MLG Fall Arena is in a coupe weeks. Plenty of good competition to watch!

Post subject: Re: Starcraft 2
PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 10:37 pm 
Sergeant-Major
Sergeant-Major

I haven't played in months, but I have it. I love RTS but I'm not very good, I always end up getting too focused on microing a battle and fall behind in tech and resources.

But fuck it, I'll play with you guys.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 10:58 pm 
Sergeant
Sergeant

NICE :-bd

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 11:54 pm 
Corporal
Corporal

Pred wrote:
I haven't played in months, but I have it. I love RTS but I'm not very good, I always end up getting too focused on microing a battle and fall behind in tech and resources.

But fuck it, I'll play with you guys.

That is the story of my games. I play it a lot yet haven't gotten that great. It is still fun, and RTS has always been my favorite.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 7:50 pm 
Corporal
Corporal

The expansion, Heart of the Swarm, is coming out on March 12. This will focus on the Zerg portion of the campaign and add a few units to each race for multiplayer.

This would be a great time to pick up the game if anyone is interested, as the new units will level the playing field for players and there should be plenty of new blood joining the game. Given the expansion is $40, I wouldn't be surprised if they have a combo pack of the two games for $60.

It only took about 3 years to release this one, so Legacy of the Void, the third and final expansion focusing on the Protoss, should be released by 2020 if we are lucky. :-bd

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 7:53 pm 
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Do I look Korean to you?

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 8:07 pm 
Corporal
Corporal

Dick Schittlippz wrote:
Do I look Korean to you?

Ha, actually a funny thing about that. When they are broadcasting matches between professional gamers, the world is split into Koreans and Foreigners (everyone not from Korea). It confused me the first couple times I heard it, but it makes sense as no one else in the world is on par with those fucking Koreans when it comes to Starcraft.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 7:33 am 
Major
Major

could never get into the MP portion of it. SP was fun though

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 8:49 pm 
Corporal
Corporal

I can't play 1v1. I always get nervous the other guy is going to all in against me, or if I do it to him, then lose troops, I am SOL. I can't multi task enough to scout and understand what my opponent is doing while worrying about building my own army.

I usually just play 4v4 on my own. Its easier when you have others to defend with you. Most games are worth playing, but given you are with randoms, every now and then someone will ruin it. At least in SC2 when your teammate leaves, you get his resources and control of units, so you can still win sometimes even with a leaver.

It is just unfortunate that Wings of Liberty MP is pretty much as balanced as it ever has been and with Heart of the Swarm they will add new units to each race essentially killing the balance.

They have released a couple trailers which focus more on the story. Blizzard can make some shiny movies.

phpBB [video]

phpBB [video]

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 9:23 am 
First Sergeant
First Sergeant

I've always enjoyed the Starcraft plotlines, being not-40k and all, but I can't say I've ever cared for the MP aspect. I just don't really dig old-school RTS games, as polished as they may be.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 1:03 pm 
Corporal
Corporal

First, Starcraft multiplayer is for faggots. Second its more of a busy boring job than a fun game. Third, people who watch competitions should be killed.

Blizzard is also one of the worse gaming companies ever. If it wasn't for World of Warcrafts timing Blizzard would be dead. They bring nothing to the table and offer nothing innovative.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 1:26 pm 
Corporal
Corporal

MajorStoffer wrote:
I've always enjoyed the Starcraft plotlines, being not-40k and all, but I can't say I've ever cared for the MP aspect. I just don't really dig old-school RTS games, as polished as they may be.

I've always enjoyed the campaign portions of Blizzards games. There are plenty of fun, different type of missions that it isn't too heavy on the basic RTS like the MP portion is. And while it sucks there is such a long time between games, its that extra time that Blizzard takes that makes the games worth playing and not like those tired series that are released every year being pretty much the same shit.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 1:45 pm 
Corporal
Corporal

If you didn't know who blizzard was you would assume their games were junk free to play games. The name is all they have.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 2:15 pm 
Corporal
Corporal

Fail troll is fail. Your opinion doesn't mean much when you shit talk everything.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 2:25 pm 
Major General
Major General

It's just his internet persona. He's a happy, fun loving friendly kinda guy who loves everyone and everything in real life.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 2:32 pm 
Corporal
Corporal

Arma 3 and Blizzard games are shit. Not being able to leave your bubble doesn't make me wrong.

EA isn't any worse than the other publishers and COD is fairly fun. So suck it. Spandex is also a crush I've had since 2004. Being a pessimist doesn't equal wrong. I always thought hate brings people together more than common interest or love for something. I think the Nazis would agree.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 2:42 pm 
Corporal
Corporal

*CCCP* wrote:
Arma 3 and Blizzard games are shit. Not being able to leave your bubble doesn't make me wrong.

EA isn't any worse than the other publishers and COD is fairly fun. So suck it. Spandex is also a crush I've had since 2004. Being a pessimist doesn't equal wrong. I always thought hate brings people together more than common interest or love for something. I think the Nazis would agree.

So Arma and Blizzard games are shit, but COD is a "fun" game?

Now that I know what level you are on, I understand your misconceptions. Carry on.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 2:49 pm 
Corporal
Corporal

WHOOOOOOSH

But what is actually wrong with cod?

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 3:41 pm 
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

*CCCP* wrote:
But what is actually wrong with cod?

It's shovelware. They keep churning out the same shit over and over and over and people keep buying it like it hasn't all been done before. They pop a new one out like clockwork what, every 8-12 months? That's because the games are stale and they've only got so long before the audience gets bored with the current iteration. The 9-13 year olds that make up the game's core audience just want to run around like the ADHD spazzes that they are, firing dual weapons with no recoil or using cheesy perks to knife people from 30 feet away.

CoD is a charicature of itself at this point, and frankly anyone who plays it is unfit to live and should be exterminated.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 4:04 pm 
Major General
Major General

I enjoyed single player COD 4. I also enjoyed multiplayer COD: Modern Warfare 2. However, that was because I hadn't played any form of online shooter for years, so when I got Battlefield: BCII I was like "What was I thinking playing MW2??"

I spent 7 days in self-imposed isolation as punishment.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 6:42 pm 
First Sergeant
First Sergeant

Really the greatest game of all time was Battlefield 1942. Having started gaming with BF'42 everything else is pretty much shit. I can't stand RTS's cause you'd send some fucking unit to do something 5 feet from your base and they'd go all the way around the map and get destroyed. Fucking gay.

belonged to someone yesterday
and will be someone else’s tomorrow

Change is the Law of The Universe

-------------------------------------------------

“A good traveler has no fixed plans, and is not intent on arriving.” – Lao Tzu

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 6:43 pm 
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

tgrant wrote:
I can't stand RTS's cause you'd send some fucking unit to do something 5 feet from your base and they'd go all the way around the map and get destroyed. Fucking gay.

Kind of like TWL matches with Booty Squad when I'd send you to one flag and you'd take some odd route to a different flag and die?

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 7:44 pm 
Corporal
Corporal

tgrant wrote:
I can't stand RTS's cause you'd send some fucking unit to do something 5 feet from your base and they'd go all the way around the map and get destroyed. Fucking gay.

The AI has advanced as there is more processing power and whatnot, so it is pretty good in SC2. Though there are still quirky bugs:

Anyone who wants to give the game a try, there is a starter edition that is free. It lets you play a portion of the campaign and a few custom maps against the AI.

Dick Schittlippz wrote:
Kind of like TWL matches with Booty Squad when I'd send you to one flag and you'd take some odd route to a different flag and die?

Dalian jeep incident?

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 7:58 pm 
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Koz wrote:

Dalian jeep incident?

I still can't believe that. The drunk motherfucker took a buggy to the wrong flag and happened to meet 80% of their team as they spawned. He killed all of them and capped the flag. I was doing a cross between a facepalm and a belly laugh as I watched the red dots disappear from view.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 8:06 pm 
First Sergeant
First Sergeant

Dick Schittlippz wrote:
tgrant wrote:

I'M ON A FUCKING MISSION!!!!

Fucking Dim jumped out half way to the flag. He missed the greatness.

belonged to someone yesterday
and will be someone else’s tomorrow

Change is the Law of The Universe

-------------------------------------------------

“A good traveler has no fixed plans, and is not intent on arriving.” – Lao Tzu