It is currently Mon Apr 06, 2020 3:45 am

All times are UTC+01:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 603 posts ]  Go to page Previous 120 21 22 23 24 25 Next
 Post subject: Re: World of Tanks
PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 5:41 pm 
Lieutenant-Colonel
Lieutenant-Colonel

We pulled Pred back from the brink of faggotry, no Dick has seen the error of his ways!!!

I fucking love this forum, fuck yeah!!

Come on Slacks, I know its harder for you to resist since you are in the fag equivalent of Mecca, but try and feel enlightened love emanating from these fora. All it will take is a NVidea 560ti and you too will feel the warm glow smugness pass over your body and the cold blade of pwnage behind your eyes.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 6:34 pm 
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

I haven't given up on WoT, I'm just taking a break and re-evaluating my in game goals.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 6:56 pm 
Lieutenant-Colonel
Lieutenant-Colonel

I have no beef with WoT, im just thrilled to hear you've been pulled away from console faggotry. I'm so happy I've been doing Sven Goran Erriksson impressions all afternoon.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 6:19 am 
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

I have my way to my first Tier 10 tank, the IS-7.

Here was my maiden voyage result:

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 10:13 am 
Major General
Major General

Wunderschlung wrote:
Come on Slacks, I know its harder for you to resist since you are in the fag equivalent of Mecca, but try and feel enlightened love emanating from these fora. All it will take is a NVidea 560ti and you too will feel the warm glow smugness pass over your body and the cold blade of pwnage behind your eyes.

Well, I'll look into it.

I have no idea where my PC is though. Probably gathering dust at the bottom of a cupboard.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 5:22 pm 
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Congrats on reaching tier X, Boss. I'm not sure I'll ever get there. The upper tier grind is totally unpalatable.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 9:57 pm 
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Thanks shit lips. I kept hearing the IS-8 was a POS, I even decided to stop playing the IS-3 and grind the Maus line, only to hear that was trash too. I said fuck it and went ahead with the IS-8. The cannon on that thing is ridiculous, but I agree with the others that it is VERY soft. I did get 3 steel walls in it tho, funny shit.

The IS-7 is a pretty good tank, still gets used quite a bit in Clan wars. Though I hear the E5 (American heavy) is being used more and more. Grinding that line now.

I'm up to the T-54 (tier 9 Russian medium) and I can't get any wins in it. I loved the T-34 and the T-44, just gonna have to fail my way through to the T62A I suppose.

The clan I joined up with is very active with plenty of guys on all the time, and has land for CW's, but overall they are pretty shitty platoon mates. Gonna try and get my efficiency and win rate up so I can join a better clan.

Leady, you still butthurt and taking a break ?

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 4:08 am 
Sergeant-Major
Sergeant-Major

So I was thinking, and this may actually have already been covered somewhere but I can't be arsed to read up on all that shit as I have stuff to do, about what to do once they've covered all tanks up to the end of WWII. Will post-WWII tanks be tiers 11-20 with the Abrams and its contemporaries being at the upper range? Obviously they must come up with something once the vehicle pool is depleted, and beyond more maps and improving performance/graphics what is left?

Of course, these banks of tiers would need to be kept quite separate. I would imagine a single Abrams could take on an entire team of Panzer II's. I don't think you'd even have to shoot any; just roll over them.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 7:22 am 
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

B055H0GG wrote:
Thanks shit lips. I kept hearing the IS-8 was a POS, I even decided to stop playing the IS-3 and grind the Maus line, only to hear that was trash too. I said fuck it and went ahead with the IS-8. The cannon on that thing is ridiculous, but I agree with the others that it is VERY soft. I did get 3 steel walls in it tho, funny shit.

The IS-7 is a pretty good tank, still gets used quite a bit in Clan wars. Though I hear the E5 (American heavy) is being used more and more. Grinding that line now.

I'm up to the T-54 (tier 9 Russian medium) and I can't get any wins in it. I loved the T-34 and the T-44, just gonna have to fail my way through to the T62A I suppose.

The clan I joined up with is very active with plenty of guys on all the time, and has land for CW's, but overall they are pretty shitty platoon mates. Gonna try and get my efficiency and win rate up so I can join a better clan.

Leady, you still butthurt and taking a break ?

Starting to get back into it. Played a few rounds the other night and nuked the shit outta a few guys from orbit (arty) for shits 'n' giggles. Think I'll re-buy my Tiger I next time it goes on sale...that was a truly fun tank to play.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 5:05 pm 
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Patch 8.2 is live as of today. I started to play again a little bit after taking a frustration break. I played 11 games last night and won exactly 1. The frustration came right back. Three games in a row I was left to defend an entire flank by myself in a medium tank. In none of those 10 losses did my team kill more than 6 tanks. The player base now seems dumber than ever.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 5:43 pm 
Sergeant-Major
Sergeant-Major

Don't you love those games where everything seems to start off well and then suddenly you realize you're all alone because your team has been sucking ass the last few minutes and threw the game away?

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 7:29 pm 
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

...or the games where your team is up 12-3 but loses because nobody is bright enough to reset the cap?

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 7:36 pm 
Sergeant-Major
Sergeant-Major

Dick Schittlippz wrote:
...or the games where your team is up 12-3 but loses because nobody is bright enough to reset the cap?

Also good.

Have you ever continued watching the game after dying and marveled at the stupid things some of the other players do? Like when they are being shot at by someone right behind them and they do everything EXCEPT turn around and shoot back?

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 7:41 pm 
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Yeah man, it boggles the mind. You can get a sense of just how many players never even glance at the minimap by watching how they do not respond to threats in their immediate vicinity. Some players lose 2/3 of their health to an enemy before they even seem the slightest bit concerned with finding him.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 8:42 pm 
Lieutenant-Colonel
Lieutenant-Colonel

Patch day always brings out the idiots, who haven't played since the last patch came out.

Also, you have to keep in mind that on pub servers many of your team mates are around ten years old or younger. I sometimes get invites to the training room where you have voip. The few times I accepted I quickly left, as all the voices were squeaky little exited kids.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 10:25 pm 
Lieutenant-Colonel
Lieutenant-Colonel

Still haven't got my damn beta key for World of Fagplanes.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 10:28 pm 
Sergeant-Major
Sergeant-Major

El Sid wrote:
Still haven't got my damn beta key for World of Fagplanes.

I share your pain.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 8:56 pm 
Major
Major

apparently world of tanks is closing the year with 45 million users. impressive. considering a year ago it only had around 18 million. maybe ill look into playing it.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 9:36 pm 
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

There's been a huuuuuge influx of new players lately. That's the main reason I'm not playing as much. The noobs need to l2p in a hurry, because being stuck with 14 windowlickers for teammates is so fucking frustrating if you give a damn about winning.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 10:09 pm 
Sergeant-Major
Sergeant-Major

Maybe I need more nerfing?

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 10:14 pm 
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

I see that while I get frustrated by the noobs, Slade feasts on them. ^:)^ My Hetzer is my low tier noobslayer. Anything lower than tier 4 just feels weird.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2012 4:07 pm 
Lieutenant-Colonel
Lieutenant-Colonel

I just seen a pretty cool TV ad for World Of Tanks.

The game is free, how mad is that?

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2012 4:28 pm 
Major General
Major General

Dick Schittlippz wrote:
There's been a huuuuuge influx of new players lately.

Wunderschlung wrote:
I just seen a pretty cool TV ad for World Of Tanks.

Seen the ad. Expecting something like Dicks post soon enough. Advertising it on the telly box is a sure fire way to ensure a massive influx of ultranoobs. I kinda wish they'd advertise summat I play so's I could rape some casual gamers and make em wish they'd never ventured online.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2012 4:47 pm 
Lieutenant-Colonel
Lieutenant-Colonel

I guess showing a decent game (screenies were cool) and letting people know its free (I thought it would be some browser game because of this) is gonna stimulate an influx.

How have they monetised this?

Its a solid, worth buying (albeit cheaper) game. Is this the future?

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2012 11:51 pm 
Major
Major

well for PC especially, we're beginning to see the popularity of Free to play games rise. I dont think its necessarily a bad thing, as long as the product is high quality. games like World of Tanks, Planetside 2, and Hawken all prove that F2P games can be a success.

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 603 posts ]  Go to page Previous 120 21 22 23 24 25 Next