It is currently Wed Sep 23, 2020 9:08 pm

All times are UTC+01:00

Post subject: The Last Of Us 2
PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2020 6:49 pm 
Major General
Major General

So I finished this the other evening. It's easily up there as one of my top 5 gaming experiences of all time, and I deliberately use the word 'experience' there because, as anyone who played it (or the first game) will attest, it's not just about the gameplay. Gameplay plus the graphics, music, the overall atmosphere, the plot, the sheer brutality; all come together in such a brilliant way I found it impossible not to get completely immersed in it. It's probably not everyone's cup of tea though, and I'd understand if people moaned about the cut scenes being too long, or there being long periods of not much happening. The shooty bits are a bit clumsy, although I think that's deliberate because we aren't talking skilled soldiers here.

Anyway, if you liked the first game then this is a must. And if you're tempted but haven't played the first one then go get the remastered version of the first game first. Aside from the plot being an essential plot pre-requisite for the second game, it's a great game in its own right, will be a lot cheaper, and will give you a good idea on whether you'd enjoy the second.

Post subject: Re: The Last Of Us 2
PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2020 10:01 pm 
Sergeant First-Class
Sergeant First-Class

I haven't played either as I don't have a Playstation. What is your take on part 2's story and characters? Online commentary is sharply divided between its wonderful subversion of expectations vs the characters don't act like they did in part 1 or they are one dimensional.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2020 10:17 pm 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

does game have boobs?

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2020 10:27 pm 
Sergeant First-Class
Sergeant First-Class

PBFMullethunter wrote:
does game have boobs?

Sure... ()x()

phpBB [video]

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2020 10:16 am 
Major General
Major General

XERXES_II wrote:
I haven't played either as I don't have a Playstation. What is your take on part 2's story and characters? Online commentary is sharply divided between its wonderful subversion of expectations vs the characters don't act like they did in part 1 or they are one dimensional.

I don't tend to read the gaming press but I made an extra special effort to stay away from any spoilers for this one. The fact the plot was leaked and there was controversy over it made the mainstream news, but there's a world of difference between reading about a plot and actually experiencing it, whether that be a movie or game or book or whatever, so I didn't pay any attention to that. For me the story and the characters were great. Ellie (the main character) is 5 years older than the first game where she was 14 so yeah, she's moved on from being a kid making her way through a harsh and unhospitable world into someone altogether more battle hardened and bitter.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2020 1:39 pm 
Major General
Major General

I'll add here that the facial motion capture and voice acting in this game is astonishingly good. I'm now playing the latest Metro game and the cutscenes look like a PS3 game in comparison.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2020 6:22 am 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

video games lol

what are you 12?