It is currently Sun Sep 27, 2020 2:48 am

All times are UTC+01:00




Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 9 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: Resident Evil 2 (remake)
PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2020 10:35 pm 
Offline
Major General
Major General
User avatar

Joined: Fri Oct 01, 2004 12:00 pm
Posts: 36844
I started playing this tonight. It's good, old school, and creepy as fuck, but tough. Very tough. There's not enough ammo to kill all the zombies, there's a limited number of places to save your game, and very few places to store your items, meaning some tricky decisions around what to get rid of if something critical comes along. There's a few puzzles too which I've not got round too figuring out.

Not sure if I'm in the right frame of mind for such a game.

_________________
Norks


Top
   
PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2020 11:09 pm 
Offline
Brigadier General
Brigadier General
User avatar

Joined: Sat Mar 01, 2003 12:00 pm
Posts: 25171
Location: teh internet
meh


Top
   
PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2020 11:27 pm 
Offline
Colonel
Colonel
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jul 01, 2005 12:00 pm
Posts: 20053
I like games with a scary/trippy element, but can't get on with zombies and the like. I'm pretty sure Ive got a RE version in my list, I could have a look. I'm soon to finish XCOM2, then who knows, maybe Football Manager, sacking all my non-playing staff and hoping the players surrender 30% of their wages and there still be a league next season...


Top
   
PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2020 9:15 am 
Offline
Major General
Major General
User avatar

Joined: Fri Oct 01, 2004 12:00 pm
Posts: 36844
I've downloaded the Bioshock remakes too. I've never played them so looking forward to giving them a go.

_________________
Norks


Top
   
PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2020 9:13 pm 
Offline
Brigadier General
Brigadier General
User avatar

Joined: Sat Mar 01, 2003 12:00 pm
Posts: 25171
Location: teh internet
Slacks wrote:
I've downloaded the Bioshock remakes too. I've never played them so looking forward to giving them a go.


I played Bioshock 2 maybe halfway through. It was OK but got annoying after a while.


Top
   
PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2020 11:19 pm 
Offline
Major General
Major General
User avatar

Joined: Fri Oct 01, 2004 12:00 pm
Posts: 36844
PBFMullethunter wrote:
Slacks wrote:
I've downloaded the Bioshock remakes too. I've never played them so looking forward to giving them a go.


I played Bioshock 2 maybe halfway through. It was OK but got annoying after a while.


I played a couple of hours of Bioshock 1 tonight. Enjoyable and atmospheric. Bit of an old school feel again, but that's ok.

_________________
Norks


Top
   
PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2020 10:46 pm 
Offline
Sergeant First-Class
Sergeant First-Class
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 09, 2003 12:00 pm
Posts: 3315
Location: Reno, NV, US
Slacks wrote:
I started playing this tonight. It's good, old school, and creepy as fuck, but tough. Very tough. There's not enough ammo to kill all the zombies, there's a limited number of places to save your game, and very few places to store your items, meaning some tricky decisions around what to get rid of if something critical comes along. There's a few puzzles too which I've not got round too figuring out.

Not sure if I'm in the right frame of mind for such a game.


The zombie drunk walking will cause you to miss a lot. Using mouse and keyboard gives you an advantage. If you have to you can also shoot them in the knee to make them fall down.

Resident Evil 3 (remake) just came out a week ago and is harder.


Top
   
PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2020 10:27 am 
Offline
Major General
Major General
User avatar

Joined: Fri Oct 01, 2004 12:00 pm
Posts: 36844
XERXES_II wrote:
Slacks wrote:
I started playing this tonight. It's good, old school, and creepy as fuck, but tough. Very tough. There's not enough ammo to kill all the zombies, there's a limited number of places to save your game, and very few places to store your items, meaning some tricky decisions around what to get rid of if something critical comes along. There's a few puzzles too which I've not got round too figuring out.

Not sure if I'm in the right frame of mind for such a game.


The zombie drunk walking will cause you to miss a lot. Using mouse and keyboard gives you an advantage. If you have to you can also shoot them in the knee to make them fall down.


I'm hitting them in the head fine, but they take a lot of bullets to take down and stay down. Unless there's loads of ammo I'm not finding I'm guessing you're supposed to avoid some of the zombies rather than 'killing' them.

I'm gonna come back to it. Playing the Division 2 at the moment because I just wanna mindlessly shoot people at the moment.

_________________
Norks


Top
   
PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2020 3:16 am 
Offline
Sergeant First-Class
Sergeant First-Class
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 09, 2003 12:00 pm
Posts: 3315
Location: Reno, NV, US
When you get one down, start using your knife on them until you are sure they are dead. Sometimes you can kill them and sometimes you need to back away before a bite.


Top
   
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 9 posts ] 

All times are UTC+01:00


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot] and 8 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Limited