https://arstechnica.com/gaming/2020/03/ ... -canceled/

[**==] [**==] SomeGuy 2020 [**==] [**==]
[**==] [**==] It's going to be a [**==] [**==]
[**==] [**==] Brave New World [**==] [**==]

Post subject: Re: E3 canceled
PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2020 3:07 pm 
Colonel
Colonel

E3 has been ever increasingly disappointing for the last 10 years. Nothing of value is lost.

PCNC and PBF live in death!

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2020 4:52 pm 
Colonel
Colonel

All the new games are likely to be ghey anyway.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2020 2:17 pm 
Major
Major

I agree E3 has been in decline, I think the year I went was probably the last It was significantly relevant.

It's also greatly declined and how lavish it is.

I think it probably came clear to a lot of gaming companies that the time and money they were investing in E3 financially didn't make any sense and so they've been pulling back quite a bit.

Also You don't really have all these huge surprise games and hardware reveals anymore since most of that tends to come out in the media one way or the other throughout the year.

Plus E3 used to have a certain mystique as only industry insiders were allowed in. But because it was clearly in decline both in how elaborate it was and in attendance they decided to open it to the general public the year I went.

That's always transformed from an industry inside our event to sort of a crappy convention. I think the industry really didn't see the benefit of pulling out all the stops to woo fans, the whole point had been to get funding, distribution and support for the products inside the industry.

And as far as conventions go, it's not really oriented towards the consumer like other conventions are.

Hope that makes sense.

In prior years I want to walk down to that area on my lunch break to check out the spectacle It was so huge that all types of booth had overflowed and been set upoutside the event and developers had huge themed pavilions that they built to entertain VIPs with music and alcohol and food.

They were all types of crazy ass vehicles, from cars, trucks and buses to tanks, planes, space capsules and mechs.

Plus people handing you all types of swag and that was just outside, I could imagine inside it was even crazier.

over a few years You could definitely tell it was shrinking, which made sense, the economy wasn't that great I mean about the responding probably didn't make a whole lot of sense.

I was invited to the Ubisoft lounge a couple years in a row, It was quite a party, put those off campus events and parties for the major developers also probably didn't make a whole lot of sense financially especially when they started bringing in non-insiders like myself.

I just think there attempts to woo and bamboozle journalist, distributors, retailers and others just got totally out of control with all the studios and developers trying to outdo each other and get the attention.

I think not only did they spend too much money at the event that didn't really make that much sense, that's the E3 event because a lot of developers and studios to feel massive pressure to overhype their product and misrepresented its actual capabilities. Which eventually had massive fan backlash and criticism from journalists.

[**==] [**==] SomeGuy 2020 [**==] [**==]
[**==] [**==] It's going to be a [**==] [**==]
[**==] [**==] Brave New World [**==] [**==]