It is currently Sat Dec 07, 2019 8:15 pm

All times are UTC+01:00

Post subject: Steam Winter Sales
PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2018 11:46 pm 
Major General
Major General

Anyone picking up any bargains? I missed the Black Friday stuff as I was busy so kinda going mad now.

Just bought Pillars of Eternity 2 (Loved the first one. Still on a old skool RPG kick at the moment), Subnautica (Looks interesting) , Jurassic World Evolution (Rollercoaster Tycoon with dinosaurs innit!) and Wasteland 2 (Old skool, Fallout 1 & 2 style RPG). All for £60. Not bad :D

Post subject: Re: Steam Winter Sales
PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2018 12:45 am 
Sergeant First-Class
Sergeant First-Class

Eh, probably not. I have several games I haven't played yet and Resident Evil 2 comes out on January 25.

Looking at my wishlist, if I was going to buy something it would be one of these.

The Messenger
Donut County
Dusk
Ghost of a Tale
Fight'N Rage

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2018 3:45 pm 
Lieutenant-Colonel
Lieutenant-Colonel

SPANDEX SUBNAUTICA IS FREE IN TILL XMAS DAY!

Go get from the epic games launcher and always check the free games thread, most offers only last a day or so.

You'll also dig Sins Of A Solar Empire which I think is still free....m

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2018 3:49 pm 
Lieutenant-Colonel
Lieutenant-Colonel

Polly gonna grab the latest Insurgency, but it's hardly discounted at 20 quid from 25.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2018 11:21 pm 
Lieutenant-Colonel
Lieutenant-Colonel

Bit of a list here

https://www.pcgamer.com/the-steam-winte ... has-begun/

I grabbed Portal 2 for 1.50.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2018 3:08 pm 
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Getting Abzu for me and the kids.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2018 9:44 am 
Major General
Major General

Wunderschlung wrote:
Bit of a list here

https://www.pcgamer.com/the-steam-winte ... has-begun/

I grabbed Portal 2 for 1.50.

Handy list.

Can't believe you didn't already have Portal 2 though! Sensational game. And the 2 player coop is a hoot. Can be played with Playstation players too.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2018 10:45 pm 
Lieutenant-Colonel
Lieutenant-Colonel

https://www.pcgamer.com/uk/valve-reveal ... s-of-2018/

Worth a butcher's, like that mag.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2018 11:52 pm 
Sergeant First-Class
Sergeant First-Class

Shadow of War is 70% off for definitive edition

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2018 1:51 am 
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

> "Eh, probably not. I have several games I haven't played yet"

This. Too many on my list but who knows, once the new METRO and Dying Light 2 comes out, I'm going in deep.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2018 2:13 am 
Lieutenant-Colonel
Lieutenant-Colonel

^^^Yeah, I have a fuckton, I subscribe to Humble Bundle so I get 2-3 good ones per month I havent even installed. Unlike my usual this past year, i've played a little bit of many, whereas I usually whore the fuck out of around 4.

I grabbed Insurgency (do like!!) and am yet to play PUBG, wish I had bought that ages ago, but Fortnite turned up and pissed on its parade.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2019 2:43 am 
Major General
Major General

Absolutely fucking LOVING Subnautica btw. What a superb little game. Deserves it's own thread really but consider me immersed. Love this kind of shit - Just pottering about exploring, building my underwater base.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2019 4:56 am 
Colonel
Colonel

Spandex wrote:
Absolutely fucking LOVING Subnautica btw. What a superb little game. Deserves it's own thread really but consider me immersed. Love this kind of shit - Just pottering about exploring, building my underwater base.

I feel like the oxygen tanks could have been bigger, so you can go half an hour or so before needing to surface. It just got irritating as hell, but I didn’t want to go in god mode either.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2019 10:18 pm 
Major General
Major General

To begin with its a major PITA. However by the time you have the ultra high capacity tank and rebreather it's not really an issue. In terms of balance it kinda works - It means you need to unlock increasingly sophisticated vehicles to go deeper. Otherwise you could just dive to the deepest parts without a vehicle.

Just built my Cyclops. Can't think off hand of any vehicle in a computer game I have been prouder of! Maybe my cap ship in X3.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 28, 2019 4:12 pm 
Major General
Major General

Spandex wrote:
Anyone picking up any bargains? I missed the Black Friday stuff as I was busy so kinda going mad now.

Just bought Pillars of Eternity 2 (Loved the first one. Still on a old skool RPG kick at the moment), Subnautica (Looks interesting) , Jurassic World Evolution (Rollercoaster Tycoon with dinosaurs innit!) and Wasteland 2 (Old skool, Fallout 1 & 2 style RPG). All for £60. Not bad :D

What we all buying this time round? Funny seeing this post cos I've still not played Wasteland 2 or PoE2. Jurassic World was diverting for a single afternoon. Subnautica however probs makes it into my All Time Top 10. Fucking stunning game.

Anyway, this time round, we're on Oxygen Not Included (A Fallout Shelter style, side view base-em-up. Cutesy but very complicated. Need a big, imaginative brain for this one as it does NOT hold your hand. Good game.

No Mans Sky. Wanted it for a while seeing as they have worked hard on it since release. Not played it yet though.

Stellaris. A space RTS? Not sure but a few mates play the everliving shit out of it so thought I'd pick it up cheap.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 28, 2019 8:52 pm 
Lieutenant-Colonel
Lieutenant-Colonel

Spandex wrote:
Subnautica however probs makes it into my All Time Top 10. Fucking stunning game.

Oooohh, quite the accolade, I've only gave it an hour, will have to jump back in.

Stellaris is the stuff of legends, more Civ than RTS in that it gets deep and takes time. Again, not given it much time, and it needs a lot
Pretty much everything Paradox make is top drawer, if the game style is your bag. the are the strategy behemoths.

Barotrauma is something I'll grab at some point, looks like they picked up FTL and ran with it!

PostPosted: Thu Nov 28, 2019 9:04 pm 
Major General
Major General

Wunderschlung wrote:
Spandex wrote:
Subnautica however probs makes it into my All Time Top 10. Fucking stunning game.

Oooohh, quite the accolade, I've only gave it an hour, will have to jump back in.

Stellaris is the stuff of legends, more Civ than RTS in that it gets deep and takes time. Again, not given it much time, and it needs a lot
Pretty much everything Paradox make is top drawer, if the game style is your bag. the are the strategy behemoths.

Barotrauma is something I'll grab at some point, looks like they picked up FTL and ran with it!

I would. It doesn't start getting really good until you're a fair few hours in. I didn't REALLY love it until I was 50 or 60 hours in I reckon. Only downside is replayability. In that it has little IMO. I know people do but I put about 10 hours in after finishing it and haven't played it since.

Never heard of Barotrauma but took a quick look. Looks RIGHT up my street. Immediately added to Wishlist!

PostPosted: Thu Nov 28, 2019 9:34 pm 
Colonel
Colonel

still need to finish Doom and Black Mesa