It is currently Mon Jun 17, 2019 5:08 am

All times are UTC+01:00

Post subject: Re: Elite Dangerous
PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2018 1:34 pm 
Major General
Major General

You should be okay to jump in, just pick your battles. If you follow the tutorial I linked he shows you how to find fights where basically you're fighting alongside the police and the guys you're shooting at are far more worried about the cops than about you and so pretty much ignore you. It's pretty good practice and easily the best way to make money at the beginning.

Try and get an idea of the ranks and the ships. So a Deadly pilot in a Fer-de-Lance is to be feared. An Expert in an Adder, not so much. An Elite pilot in a Corvette? Run. All this is AI pilot ranks btw. You can ignore player ranks at least - They give little indication of dogfighting skills. I have access to the pilots federation system, Shinrartra Dezra due to my elite status. This makes me fair game in the eyes of pretty much all dogfighting PvP'er. Except of course my elite status comes from my trading exploits, not fighting! I've spent most of my time in a freighter (Albeit a heavily armed and shielded one) running from the more challenging fights.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2018 12:33 pm 
Major General
Major General

You given up on this Wunder? Too complicated for you? Not MAN enough for it yeah?

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2018 2:12 pm 
Lieutenant-Colonel
Lieutenant-Colonel

No, I'm very much up for it and into it (my joystick has pissed me the fuck right off but gimballed weapons seldom leave me with surplus fucks...).

Just last night I was bigging it up to a sci-fi mad mate who is looking into it (could work well on PS4 on big screen with the right controller no?).

Anyhoo, short answer is that I accidentally a Civ6 game. Which is a big ass sidetrack, I got lost in my favourite, I dunno how it started, I can't remember my girlfriend's name, you know the gig, Its Civ ffs.

When I play, I pretty much do the training missions over and over, I don't feel 'trained' until I can piss on them. Kinda digging scooping the mining bits.

I really need to sort my key binds out and become slick with everything. Its kind of a show stopper when I have to bring up the menus and stuff, but that is me being a nub.

Makes me want quite a big screen. Not told anyone that I have been researching them yet.....

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2018 11:27 am 
Major General
Major General

Can't remember if it was default or if I changed it but I have my little finger switch bound to the menu's. So even in combat you can quickly press that button then the hat-switch to look left, right, up or down to the relevant menus. So in the game it's just a quick turn of your head to look at the relevant menus. Doesn't break immersion then, which is what this game is all about.

The training missions are good for messing about but don't get hung up on the combat ones. The later combat tutorials are notoriously tough.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2018 11:53 pm 
Major General
Major General

Massive new patch is out. Kinda meh tbh. Only tried it for an hour or so but the changes to mining and exploring seem to have massively overcomplicated things imo. Perhaps I'm just resisting change. New ships are also kinda meh.

I guess I'm still a bit burnt out on this game (not surprising considering I utterly hammered it for several months). Still excited by it and so want to return one day. Just not yet...

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2019 11:50 pm 
Lieutenant-Colonel
Lieutenant-Colonel

£8 for the deluxe pack

https://www.humblebundle.com/store/elit ... xe-edition

Yeah baby.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2019 11:54 pm 
Lieutenant-Colonel
Lieutenant-Colonel

OI SPANDEX!!!!!

You bigged up the Horizons pack, which I don't have. They selling it for 4 quid and Humble bundle, which is a snip. However, its a 'season pass', dafuq is that?

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2019 2:41 am 
Major General
Major General

You need Horizons definitely.

Not sure on the Season Pass. I think it's something to do with more upcoming content. From what I understand the next big batch of new shit won't be free - It'll be paid for content. Season Pass ensures you get it all for the one off payment. I THINK.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2019 10:58 pm 
Lieutenant-Colonel
Lieutenant-Colonel

Oh, I bought it anyway, then Steam told me I already had it, i'd forgotten to get my refund, so thanks for that!!

PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2019 2:34 pm 
Lieutenant-Colonel
Lieutenant-Colonel

https://www.humblebundle.com/store/promo/space-sale

Lot of crackers in there, Elite Dangerous for 8 quid.

Faster Than Light for 2 fucking quid!!!!

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2019 6:06 pm 
Lieutenant-Colonel
Lieutenant-Colonel

I think I missed it.

Also: https://www.humblebundle.com/store/pc-b ... -simulator >&8~