The Original Post
http://www.theoriginalpost.net/Forum/

PUBG or H1Z1 King of the Kill
http://www.theoriginalpost.net/Forum/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=4496
Page 1 of 1

Author:  hokie [ Thu Mar 02, 2017 10:21 pm ]
Post subject:  PUBG or H1Z1 King of the Kill

I got a gaming laptop for Christmas, so just starting to get back into things on that side of the house. Anyone playing this game?


---------
( edited and added PUBG "Playerunknown's Battlegrounds in the title since it's in the same BR genre )

Author:  Spandex [ Fri Mar 03, 2017 12:26 am ]
Post subject:  Re: H1Z1 King of the Kill

Seen a lot of youtubers play it and it looks a lot of fun, even for a pretty basic game. The pairs and teams mode looks especially good fun if you can find some buddies to match up with.

I should imagine the rush when you get down to the final couple of people is pretty extreme. Personally. I don't have enough time for another game right now so haven't bothered picking it up.

Author:  hokie [ Mon Mar 20, 2017 3:53 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: H1Z1 King of the Kill

Luckily most games don't take that long. The initial drop and fire fights are intense. If you can make it out of those, you can take control of the tempo moving forward. I finished first once, the final fights were a lot of fun.

The be killed and lose and have to sit through more loading screens makes the gun fights even more fun and infuriating all at the same time.

Author:  silent [ Mon Mar 20, 2017 5:20 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: H1Z1 King of the Kill

Hoki, I highly suggest waiting for PlayerUnknowns Battlegrounds to come out this week. He is the guy responsible for making the KotK mode for H1Z1. He's currently developing his own standalone version of the mode he first modded into Arma 3. And from what I've heard Battlegrounds is shaping up to be a much better battle royale game than H1Z1. Larger variety of weapons, attachments, equipment, vehicles etc.

Ive held out on playing H1Z1 specifically because PlayerUnknown was making his standalone game.

Granted though, H1Z1's King of the Kill mode is averaging roughly 60,000 to 100,000 players daily on Steam, which is impressive. BUT once Battlegrounds comes out, I have a feeling a large number of people will be switching over to that game instead.

Author:  hokie [ Wed Mar 22, 2017 1:07 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: H1Z1 King of the Kill

I have had the game for a couple of weeks now. I just heard about Battle Grounds the other day. One of the guys I was playing with said its a much more polished game. I will probably check it out once its released as well.

Author:  hokie [ Fri Apr 14, 2017 4:23 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: H1Z1 King of the Kill

Battlegrounds, is good. It was a little glitchy for the first week, but they are updating pretty frequently right now and have it running smooth. Definitely a better game than H1, the gun play is much better, you can actually hit what you aim at.

Author:  Graphic-J [ Fri Apr 14, 2017 5:02 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: H1Z1 King of the Kill

I hope the first person mode attracts more attention. While PUBG is fun, addicting, intense and is currently my number one shooter; that third camera exploiting is borderline unfair sometimes.

Author:  hokie [ Mon Apr 17, 2017 1:28 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: H1Z1 King of the Kill

What exploits are you talking about? Just the fact that you can see around corners and over walls? The addition of scopes and red dot sights is a huge plus over H1.

Have you noticed though there are 3 different aim points? If you are in hip fire mode that is aim point 1. If you ADS in first person the cross hairs move down and to the left of hip fire, and, if you ADS in third person they move down and to the right of hip fire. That is my only complaint so far.

Author:  Graphic-J [ Mon Apr 17, 2017 5:55 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: H1Z1 King of the Kill

hokie wrote:
What exploits are you talking about? Just the fact that you can see around corners and over walls?



yes, basically this. I've hated it since the DayZ mod days and now PUBG is dragging this method.
I blame Arma. A bit ironic given that Arma hails at being realistic they add a third camera on the player.

Not a huge problem I guess but still something that bothered me for any Survival PvP games.
I find it acceptable for singleplayer but I highly disagree for online play. But again, PUBG is still a very good BR/shooter game.

On a side note, for some reason the last PUBG update gave my what used to be bald character some very unwanted hair. ..
Now I look like a crazy SJW Femi-nazi looking for trouble. :))

Image

Author:  PBFMullethunter [ Thu Apr 27, 2017 4:10 am ]
Post subject:  Re: H1Z1 King of the Kill

Image

Author:  silent [ Thu Apr 27, 2017 3:22 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: H1Z1 King of the Kill

to me, your character just looked like Detective Smith from The Expanse haha
Image

Author:  Graphic-J [ Thu Apr 27, 2017 5:13 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: H1Z1 King of the Kill

silent wrote:
to me, your character just looked like Detective Smith from The Expanse haha..


lol :))


I was getting used to that haircut but the latest patch now took it away.

Author:  hokie [ Thu Apr 27, 2017 5:57 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: H1Z1 King of the Kill

I thought it went well with the super tight pants tucked into your boots.

Good games last night man, 2 top 5s!

Author:  Graphic-J [ Thu Apr 27, 2017 8:14 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: H1Z1 King of the Kill

Yeah, your other squadmates played great as well.
On the last round I should have thrown some smoke grenades, I keep forgetting to use those.

Maybe we'll also get Trigg in there soon. Not sure who else plays PUBG in here other than Java and Wayne from TnB.

Author:  hokie [ Wed May 17, 2017 5:55 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: H1Z1 King of the Kill

I got my second win in Solos last night. Tricked the last guy into moving out of cover with smoke grenades.

We were in the final circle where there were 3 trees. We were each behind a tree on the right side with the other tree making a triangle to my left. He didn't know where I was, I could tell because he kept peeking to see if he could spot me. I was watching him the whole time but didn't have a clear shot. I had 3 smoke grenades so I threw 2 of them to my left between him and the empty tree to simulate I was going to try make a move from behind that tree. He reacted by adjusting his cover on his tree right into my crosshair for a 2 tap. It was very satisfying.

Author:  Graphic-J [ Sat Jul 01, 2017 12:59 am ]
Post subject:  Re: PUBG or H1Z1 King of the Kill

.
PUBG Squad gameplay brings in so many possibilities. This time role playing as an Italian Pizza delivery man and other shenanigans:

phpBB [video]

Author:  MIDNIGHT [ Thu Dec 21, 2017 3:00 am ]
Post subject:  Re: PUBG or H1Z1 King of the Kill

Someone bought me PUBG for the XBOX. Oi! what a mess!

Author:  MIDNIGHT [ Sat Dec 23, 2017 6:03 am ]
Post subject:  Re: PUBG or H1Z1 King of the Kill

Seriously

PUBG is like a flashback to trying to play online FPS with dial-up.


>>::$ III/O

Author:  Graphic-J [ Thu Jan 04, 2018 1:20 am ]
Post subject:  Re: PUBG or H1Z1 King of the Kill

MIDNIGHT wrote:
Someone bought me PUBG for the XBOX. Oi! what a mess!


Xbox?! Ouch man. Just wait till they optimize the crap out of it. PUBG on PC is starting to play pretty smooth, well at least for me on on my rig.

---------

BTW: here's a vid of my latest shenanigans with the squad:

phpBB [video]

Author:  MIDNIGHT [ Fri Jan 26, 2018 2:58 am ]
Post subject:  Re: PUBG or H1Z1 King of the Kill

Graphic-J wrote:
MIDNIGHT wrote:
Someone bought me PUBG for the XBOX. Oi! what a mess!


Xbox?! Ouch man. Just wait till they optimize the crap out of it. PUBG on PC is starting to play pretty smooth, well at least for me on on my rig.

---------

BTW: here's a vid of my latest shenanigans with the squad:

phpBB [video]


shut up, your a 1%er with your fancy rig. What about the other 99% of the PC Master Race that isn't as fortunate as you.... :-?

Author:  Graphic-J [ Fri Jan 26, 2018 6:10 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: PUBG or H1Z1 King of the Kill

MIDNIGHT wrote:
... shut up, your a 1%er with your fancy rig. What about the other 99% of the PC Master Race that isn't as fortunate as you.... :-?



You consider a GTX 980 fancy?

1080 Ti is fancy and chub inducing. :x

Page 1 of 1 All times are UTC+01:00
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Limited
https://www.phpbb.com/