It is currently Sun Aug 19, 2018 8:19 pm

All times are UTC+01:00

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2017 5:44 pm 
Major
Major

If anyone has signed up for the PC beta and has gotten in, i will gladly take a friend code off your hands!

Sadly this is a beta I was not able to get into.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2017 1:28 am 
Captain
Captain

I played it at E3, Fun.

However, I heard it might be a lot like the division where you endlessly attack the same respawning enemies vs something like crackdown, where the bosses you kill stay dead and you slowly transform the game world.

[**==] [**==] SomeGuy 2020 [**==] [**==]
[**==] [**==] It's going to be a [**==] [**==]
[**==] [**==] Brave New World [**==] [**==]

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2017 11:13 pm 
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

It reminds me a lot of like a lot less color saturated Far Cry 3 game but with true Co-Op.

IMO: FC3, probably still the best or at least most fun openworld game from Ubisoft.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2017 2:55 am 
Captain
Captain

CONGRATULATIONS ON BEING SELECTED AND WELCOME TO GHOST RECON WILDLANDS' CLOSED BETA!
Your feedback is very important to us, and we want to hear all your thoughts on our game! Head over to the dedicated private forums to leave your feedback and learn more about what we have prepared for you in this Closed Beta. Please also note you can help us track issues you might come across in the game by reporting them through the Bug Report tab below.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2017 3:37 am 
Greenhat
Greenhat

MIDNIGHT wrote:

However, I heard it might be a lot like the division where you endlessly attack the same respawning enemies vs something like crackdown, where the bosses you kill stay dead and you slowly transform the game world.

I've cleared some camps and doesn't appear they've come back.

Graphic-J wrote:
It reminds me a lot of like a lot less color saturated Far Cry 3 game but with true Co-Op.

IMO: FC3, probably still the best or at least most fun openworld game from Ubisoft.

Steam says I've played 9 hours and the ONLY thing I can remember is that crazy doctor and the glider.

I reckon this is like a militarized Just Cause game. Open world, side-mission galore, AI pals, with a easy way to customize your gear.

I was worried watching the dev previews and the crazy 3rd person to ironsight, but I found in the menu you can set that per weapon!

So far I have probably spent 2 hours playing, 10 minutes of that dressing up my Ken doll.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2017 4:05 am 
Sergeant-Major
Sergeant-Major

Let me know when it's 35 bucks
Still haven't bought watchdogs 2

- Donald Trump

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2017 8:04 am 
Captain
Captain

Htown0666 wrote:
Let me know when it's 35 bucks
Still haven't bought watchdogs 2

Watchdogs 2 has a free trial on Xbox One right now.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2017 7:21 am 
Major
Major

i gotta say, bugs aside i enjoyed the beta. its definitely a 3rd person mash up of just cause/farcry/division.

The map of bolivia is enormous. definitely a huge playground for spec op soldiers.

I am hoping missions are varied enough to keep us interested. Coop was fun, and it was easy to hop into a friends game.

Graphics werent as impressive as I was expecting but im hoping that once the game is released, we will have more HD textures available to us. The game definitely wasnt doing my 1070gtx justice.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2017 6:21 pm 
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Once I finish Division and Deus EX I'll give this a try.

Though Mafia 3 is still on my waiting list. Maybe when Ghost Recon goe on the $30 Green man Gaming bargain bin?

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2017 11:37 pm 
Greenhat
Greenhat

Open beta is ready to pre-load
Quote:
Hello Ghosts,

We are really excited to announce that the Tom Clancy’s Ghost Recon Wildlands open beta will take place from February 23rd to February 27th! You’ll be able to preload the game starting on 20th February.

The open beta is entirely playable in co-op! Gather your squad and create your own tactics to defeat the cartel. Prefer to go on stealth operations or dive into the enemy camp guns blazing? It’s up to you to decide!

Explore 2 provinces!

The open beta provides an opportunity to explore an additional province from the closed beta. You will have the opportunity to explore the beautiful provinces of Itacua again as well as experience the new province of Montuyoc.

Itacua

Itacua is the landing province of the full game.It will let you familiarize yourself with the rich environment of Tom Clancy’s Ghost Recon Wildlands. Finish the activities in Itacua and gain an XP boost to unlock new skills before going to Montuyoc.

Formerly a peaceful agricultural province where rebellion began, Itacua is now a guerilla zone. Itacua is located in the Greenland, and used to be a fertile agricultural province. When the Santa Blanca Cartel arrived and start to take over Bolivia, Itacua became the central point of the Kataris 26 rebellion.

The Rebellion launched raids against the Santa Blanca’s facilities and taken by surprise, the cartel suffered some losses. Then Sueño asked La Plaga to handle it. Several months later, the rebellion still resists and Itacua has become a guerrilla zone. The capital, Buena Vida, was partly destroyed by the fighting. The Culta village has been burnt by the sicarios, and Yopil’s population has just vanished…

The Rebellion keep launching raids against Santa Blanca facilities but the captured rebels were handed over to La Yuri and El Polito, who are responsible for torturing the captives to extract information about the leaders of the Rebellion.

Montuyoc

The Santa Blanca gathered their elite sicarios here to build a paramilitary force. Montuyoc is located in between the Altiplano and the highlands and has impressive vistas where you can watch red lakes from above. But it’s also the training center of the Santa Blanca Cartel, so expect some fierce fights there!

El Sueño has built a vast arsenal here, protected by large bases, which contains modern light and heavy weapons, guns, tanks, mortars, and anti-aircraft missiles. This arsenal is available to the best sicarios who come to the deserted moors of Montuyoc for training. Santa Blanca’s goal at Montuyoc is to train a small elite army capable of standing up to the best armies in South America.

In this mission you will have to destabilize the alliance between the Cartel and the Unidad!

Stream

Before you start digging into content, the development team would like to invite you to join the second official Tom Clancy’s Ghost Recon Wildlands live stream on February 22nd at 5 pm UTC. Learn about the new content in the open beta with the introduction of the Montuyoc area, and participate in give-away sessions.

Hashtag

We are looking forward to hearing about your best moments during this open beta! Share your creations by using the official hashtag #Ghost Recon!

PC Requirements

Minimum system requirements:
Operating System: MS Windows 7 SP1, Windows 8.1, Windows 10 (64bit versions only)
Processor: Intel Core i5-2400S @ 2.5 GHz or AMD FX-4320 @ 4 GHz
RAM: 6GB
Video card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX660 / AMD R9 270X (2GB VRAM with Shader Model 5.0 or better)
DirectX: DirectX End-User Runtimes (June 2010)
Sound: DirectX-compatible using the latest drivers
Hard Drive: 50 GB available space
Peripherals: Windows-compatible keyboard and mouse required, optional controller

Recommended system requirements:
Operating System: MS Windows 7 SP1, Windows 8.1, Windows 10 (64bit versions only)
Processor: Intel Core i7- 3770@ 3.5 GHz or AMD FX-8350 @ 4 GHz
RAM: 8GB
Video card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX970/GTX 1060 or AMD R9 390/RX480 (4GB VRAM with Shader Model 5.0 or better)
DirectX: DirectX End-User Runtimes (June 2010)
Sound: DirectX-compatible using the latest drivers
Hard Drive: 50 GB available space
Peripherals: Windows-compatible keyboard and mouse required, optional controller

Ghost Recon Network and Ghost Recon HQ

During this Open Beta, you will also be able to discover the Ghost Recon Network, the ultimate platform for all Ghost Recon fans. Get ready to join the community and find the right people to play with in order to build your own team!

Already available to all, download now the Ghost Recon Wildlands HQ app to prepare yourself for upcoming deployment and complete your game experience. For more information about the Ghost Recon Network and the Ghost Recon Wildlands HQ App, check out our dedicate article on dedicated article.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2017 12:51 am 
Captain
Captain

Might want to check this out.

phpBB [video]

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2018 8:07 am 
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Anybody playing this? Slacks?
How do you play this in setting wise? Not graphical. I'm playing it on the second hardest level and the game is pretty damn easy. Maybe I should tinker the settings a bit like getting the red glows off from the map or get the map off all together?

I mean It's a good game, good time waste. Not great like some BF's (different genre yeah) but I like to explore. I'm just wondering amidoinitrite...

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2018 4:43 pm 
Lieutenant-Colonel
Lieutenant-Colonel

I played and loved the early ones, and its the kind of thing that I could get into, but I'm out of touch with the franchise.

Is it a ArmAesque realistic military thinker shooter?

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2018 5:05 pm 
Major General
Major General

BUNNY wrote:
How do you play this in setting wise? Not graphical. I'm playing it on the second hardest level and the game is pretty damn easy. Maybe I should tinker the settings a bit like getting the red glows off from the map or get the map off all together?

I mean It's a good game, good time waste. Not great like some BF's (different genre yeah) but I like to explore. I'm just wondering amidoinitrite...

I played through it a while ago. Getting rid of the red glow makes recon around enemy positions harder and you'd be likely to miss spotting a few. Plus the enemies absorb more bullets before dying. For me personally leaving the glow on and not getting immediately slaughtered upon getting spotted suited my more casual way of playing, and I tended to mix it up by taking out enemy positions using different tactics or weapons (i.e. not getting spotted; do a lone wolf; only use stealth melee kills etc).

The weapons disappointed me. The unlocked ones didn't seem to get any better.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2018 5:07 pm 
Major General
Major General

Wunderschlung wrote:
Is it a ArmAesque realistic military thinker shooter?

Nope. It is basically a 3rd person militarily themed Far Cry with a squad you can boss about.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2018 7:21 pm 
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Slacks wrote:
BUNNY wrote:

I played through it a while ago. Getting rid of the red glow makes recon around enemy positions harder and you'd be likely to miss spotting a few. Plus the enemies absorb more bullets before dying. For me personally leaving the glow on and not getting immediately slaughtered upon getting spotted suited my more casual way of playing, and I tended to mix it up by taking out enemy positions using different tactics or weapons (i.e. not getting spotted; do a lone wolf; only use stealth melee kills etc).

The weapons disappointed me. The unlocked ones didn't seem to get any better.

But you CAN switch the map back in-game, can't you? I could try that and switch to the hardest mode.
Whats the tier 1 unlock?

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2018 7:43 pm 
Major General
Major General

Yeah you can switch the difficulty and maps in-game if you so wish.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2018 6:30 am 
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

My game stopped launching about 2-3 weeks ago. It shows the splash screen and then nothing.
Nothing from ubisoft or on their forums.
Seems resetting whole windows works. I'm NOT doing that. Not worth it.

Next game plz.

I wonder If I could get my moneys back?

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2018 6:10 pm 
Major General
Major General

One of many reasons I play console.