It is currently Fri Jun 22, 2018 6:31 am

All times are UTC+01:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 366 posts ]  Go to page Previous 111 12 13 14 15 Next
 Post subject: Re: BATTLEFIELD 1
PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2017 7:11 pm 
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

MIDNIGHT wrote:
The back to basics game mode, or whatever its called, is fun. Everyone on gets bare basic rifles as primaries. No automatics, LMG, optics, DMR's, no tanks, or planes. oh and no fucking shotguns! :-bd

Fuck Shotties in ANY multiplayer game, really. It's just too easy to get kills with since most of the infantry fights are CQ.

Anyhoo, I wanted to try out this mode but everytime that I logged into it the server was mostly empty. Gave up trying after the 5th time.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2017 2:43 pm 
Lieutenant-Colonel
Lieutenant-Colonel

The biggest problems with shotties aside from crummy Call of Duty style map designs keeping everything close at all times is in the case of Battlefield games, they fire WAY TOO FAST for WAY TOO MUCH DAMAGE disparity relative to everything else.

If you did em properly they'd be more geared towards weapons of high risk but high reward. If you aim right, you get a kill but if you aim wrong and miss or otherwise don't inflict sufficient damage you may not have enough time to live before you can fire again to finish the job.

In BF games, the shotgun can be fired so fast that misses rarely result in loss against other weapons. Unless you're firing from a longer range than a shotgun is effective at. But then again given the map design, there's not often that much map to have significant range advantages over shotguns. Or at least not enough to keep shotguns niche rather than dominating.

PCNC and PBF live in death!

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2017 1:57 am 
Lieutenant-Colonel
Lieutenant-Colonel

BF 1 Expansion Page Is Live.

Those 4 maps better support Operations format. I will be quite disappointed if they turn into just Conquest, Rush and TDM like the last 12+ expansions in BF games have been.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2017 10:38 pm 
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

-
When Graphic-J attacks... as seen from the eyes of my enemy corpses:

phpBB [video]

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2017 5:04 am 
Sergeant-Major
Sergeant-Major

There are going to be new operations
It says so in the premium pass description

- Donald Trump

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2017 6:13 pm 
Major General
Major General

Saw my first hacker today. My suspicions were first awoken when he instagibbed me from across the map. While I was in the airship. With an automatico. I was fairly sure of him when I spotted him, put a sniper round in him and he shot off at about 200mph. I was 100% when I was doing a big flank in the middle of nowhere, by myself, no one else around and he appeared from nowhere, instagibbed me and then flew off like superman. He was prone as well just to complete the image. He finished 80-10 or thereabouts and stopped our attack in its tracks. Shame.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2017 4:09 am 
Sergeant-Major
Sergeant-Major

Xbox one just made GTA IV backwards compatible
Finally I can go bowling with my cousin again

- Donald Trump

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2017 2:52 pm 
Lieutenant-Colonel
Lieutenant-Colonel

If you could change certain things about BF1 multiplayer, what would they be? (Not glitches, bugs, and hackers. That's obvious.)

My list:

1) Shotguns. They shoot way too fucking fast for their damage. Either less damage or greatly reduced rate of fire.

2) The MP18. Why is it useless compared to the Hellriegel and the Automatico? (I have all of them by the way.) It needs either some increased damage compared to the other two or reworked accuracy and recoil.

3) The spam. Grenades, Assault class spam, Sniper spam, GAS, Grenades, GAS, Sniper spam, did I mention Grenades and GAS? It all needs reduced. Reduce the rate of fire and reload speed of Assault explosives and all Grenades. Reduce duration and size of GAS and kick it down to 1 grenade per life. Put a hard limit on how many hill humpers can be in a game, specifically how many players can spawn with Marksman or Sniper versions of weapons. If you want to play Scout, learn to iron sight.

4) The complete inability for attackers to win at Operations on certain maps/phases. For example the bunkers on Monte Grappa and the 3 flag sector at the end of Sinai.

5) Why Support class so weak? The LMG's fire spitwads and none of the gadgets (besides AMMO) are particularly useful at all. Needs more LMG damage/accuracy/control and some improvements to gadgets.

6) Can pistol carbines be all-kit weapons? I have all the codexes for them but they seem so useless otherwise. No Tanker fights as infantry and wasting a plane for Pilot is a detriment.

7) Horse. Needs less health or more ability to be harmed. This includes rider.

8) Tanks. (Despite being a chronic tank player myself). Some tanks are just in need of rework, some need buff or rework like the Landship and the basic Light Tank with the 4 shot cannon (seriously, there's no reason to play Close Support Tank when Flanker does everything better, and the arty version is better too.). Some need work like the Artillery Truck's armor being too tough and the Heavy Tank too newb friendly (reduced rate of fire or armor?).

9) Speaking of tanks. Vehicle ammo mechanic why? It makes sense for autocannons like the Flanker tank and the side guns on the Heavy for Breakthrough package but only a couple piddly shells for main gun? Eliminate that mechanic but reduce rate of fire on those cannons to compensate.

10) Field guns, they just need a buff. Kill (Heavy/Landship) tanks in a maximum of three shots from the front and Arty trucks/Light tanks in two shots regardless. Plus bigger splash damage and they need to be impervious to being sniped from the front. (Same with shielded MG's.) And speaking of MG's, the emplacement machine guns need some serious accuracy and damage buffs. They are way too weak for what is arguably the most powerful weapon in WW1.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2017 8:39 pm 
Captain
Captain

Haven't played this in a while, but I might tonight with beer.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2017 9:48 pm 
Sergeant-Major
Sergeant-Major

I like sniping with my BAR on single shot

- Donald Trump

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2017 1:57 pm 
Major General
Major General

SomeGuy wrote:
If you could change certain things about BF1 multiplayer, what would they be? (Not glitches, bugs, and hackers. That's obvious.)

My list:

1) Shotguns. They shoot way too fucking fast for their damage. Either less damage or greatly reduced rate of fire.

2) The MP18. Why is it useless compared to the Hellriegel and the Automatico? (I have all of them by the way.) It needs either some increased damage compared to the other two or reworked accuracy and recoil.

3) The spam. Grenades, Assault class spam, Sniper spam, GAS, Grenades, GAS, Sniper spam, did I mention Grenades and GAS? It all needs reduced. Reduce the rate of fire and reload speed of Assault explosives and all Grenades. Reduce duration and size of GAS and kick it down to 1 grenade per life. Put a hard limit on how many hill humpers can be in a game, specifically how many players can spawn with Marksman or Sniper versions of weapons. If you want to play Scout, learn to iron sight.

4) The complete inability for attackers to win at Operations on certain maps/phases. For example the bunkers on Monte Grappa and the 3 flag sector at the end of Sinai.

5) Why Support class so weak? The LMG's fire spitwads and none of the gadgets (besides AMMO) are particularly useful at all. Needs more LMG damage/accuracy/control and some improvements to gadgets.

6) Can pistol carbines be all-kit weapons? I have all the codexes for them but they seem so useless otherwise. No Tanker fights as infantry and wasting a plane for Pilot is a detriment.

7) Horse. Needs less health or more ability to be harmed. This includes rider.

8) Tanks. (Despite being a chronic tank player myself). Some tanks are just in need of rework, some need buff or rework like the Landship and the basic Light Tank with the 4 shot cannon (seriously, there's no reason to play Close Support Tank when Flanker does everything better, and the arty version is better too.). Some need work like the Artillery Truck's armor being too tough and the Heavy Tank too newb friendly (reduced rate of fire or armor?).

9) Speaking of tanks. Vehicle ammo mechanic why? It makes sense for autocannons like the Flanker tank and the side guns on the Heavy for Breakthrough package but only a couple piddly shells for main gun? Eliminate that mechanic but reduce rate of fire on those cannons to compensate.

10) Field guns, they just need a buff. Kill (Heavy/Landship) tanks in a maximum of three shots from the front and Arty trucks/Light tanks in two shots regardless. Plus bigger splash damage and they need to be impervious to being sniped from the front. (Same with shielded MG's.) And speaking of MG's, the emplacement machine guns need some serious accuracy and damage buffs. They are way too weak for what is arguably the most powerful weapon in WW1.

Shotguns are okay IMO. I die to them up close but at longer ranges they die. As it should be.

MP18 is fine. Much better at range than the Automatico. Not as good as the Hellriegel (apparently, I don't have it) but then what is?

Horse is fine.

The heavy MG emplacements utterly rape. I think they must have had a recent buff cos I would have agreed but last time I played I fuckin rinsed the opposition team with them.

The rest I would agree with.

Hate gas but I guess it's part of the WWI mechanic. The fighters need a massive nerf in terms of their air to ground capability. A fighter should not be able to utterly dominate the ground forces like they do. Makes the other planes redundant. I'd also nerf the dreadnought and train indirect fire arty as it's too easy. The airship needs a buff.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2017 6:44 am 
Sergeant-Major
Sergeant-Major

How to play operations in BF1

1. Get stopwatch and set to 3 min
2. Find movie on TV
3. Load game and start stopwatch and switch back to movie
4. Watch movie for three minutes then pause
5. See that game is empty or 2 seconds from ending
6. Quit and go back to step 3

- Donald Trump

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2017 8:24 am 
Major
Major

Htown0666 wrote:
How to play operations in BF1

1. Get stopwatch and set to 3 min
2. Find movie on TV
3. Load game and start stopwatch and switch back to movie
4. Watch movie for three minutes then pause
5. See that game is empty or 2 seconds from ending
6. Quit and go back to step 3

OR... you could just use play Operations via Quickmatch. Instead of trying to start an operation from the beginning.

just sayin. cause ive found near full servers every single time while searching via quickmatch instead of going the traditional route.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2017 8:40 pm 
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

New patch notes are in today.

Some kinda-fixes to Someguy's legit complaints about the game too:

https://www.battlefield.com/news/update ... cale=en-us

----------

Here is a summarized ot IMO the more important/relevant ones (mostly weapon changes):

Ribbons a-la bf4

Elite codex (500 kills for weapon)

New max class rank of 50

Rented servers:

Kick/ban players

Vote map (not sure if this applies to Official servers or only Custom servers)

weapons:

Tweaked post reload delays to better match animations on the following weapons:

Cei-Rigotti 0.4 to 0.6 s.
Mondragon 0.5 to 0.5667 s.
Selbstlader 1906 0.8 to 1.0667 s.
Bodeo 1.1 to 1.0 s.
Bulldog 1.0 to 1.1 s.
Increased long reload time of Autoloading 8 .25 Extended from 2.9 to 3.066 s.

Increased horizontal recoil by 14.3%:

Automatico Trench (according to symthic, they actually nerfed the storm version)
Hellriegel Factory
M1909 Storm
Madsen Storm
MG15 Storm
BAR Storm
Increased horizontal recoil of Lewis Optical and M1909 Optical by 10% when ADS.

Reduced horizontal recoil of some self-loading rifles:

Autoloading 8 0.6 to 0.4.
Cei-Rigotti 0.64 to 0.56.
M1907 SL 0.84 to 0.7.
Upped recoil decrease of "Low Weight" SLRs from 6 to 7.

Tweaked the damage behavior of the 12 g Automatic shotgun to balance all variants better against each other:

Extended: Increased pellet cone from 1.6 to 1.8 degrees. Should now two hit kill a healthy target up to about 18 meters.
Backbored: Reduced pellet cone from 1.28 to 1.2 degrees. Should now two hit kill a healthy target up to about 19 meters.
Hunter: Reduced pellet cone from 1.28 to 1.2 degrees. Should now two hit kill a healthy target up to about 21 meters.
All: Moved out damage dropoff by 1 m and added damage curves.

Model 10-A Slug changes:

Reduced aimed dispersion from 0.3 to 0.24 when stationary and from 0.50 to 0.48 when moving.
Increased muzzle velocity from 380 to 420.
Reduced damage against gut, arms and legs.
Added ability to kill a healthy target with shots to the gut or upper arms within 8 meters.
Increased lethal range from chest shots from 10 to 11 meters.
Evened out recoil direction.

-Increased damage of the Martini-Henry between 30 and 80 meters slightly. ( I still think that it wasn't needed.)

-Reduced the damage of impact grenades from 80 to 72 ( still a very small fix to the grenade spam problem)

-Improved Selbstlader 1906 aimed accuracy, reduced recoil and decreased spread.

-Increased No.3 Revolver rate of fire in ADS from 119 to 138.

-Corrected Frommer Stop Auto magazine capacity from 14+1 to 15+1.

-Removed visual recoil from ADS fire anims on Mle 1903, Pieper Carbine, 1903 Experimental.

-Improved cavalry victim experience. You should no longer get killed by cavalry using a saber from multiple meters away.

-Fixed errors where Elite Kits had unintentionally high health regeneration delays and carried too many grenades.

-Increased the threshold for suppression effects to prevent suppression from occurring too early.

-Reduced gas duration from 22 to 15 seconds (A very small fix but the duration wasn't the main problem, the main problem is that infantry had 2 of these spammy grenades)

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2017 4:42 pm 
Major General
Major General

Don't really understand the support gun Storm variant nerf. The BAR was the only one that was a decent gun. Shoulda kept the BAR Storm as it was and buffed the rest.

Selbsplatter didn't need a buff but I'm glad they did. My fave medic gun by a country mile.

They HAVE to nerf the fighters air-to-ground capability though. Sick to death of guys with max ranks and 500 fighter service stars just raping maps that don't have any AA.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2017 2:27 am 
Lieutenant-Colonel
Lieutenant-Colonel

Patch borked everything. Nerfs are unnoticeable and didn't change anything. Plus plenty of new bugs that weren't there before.

And Operations Quickmatch gives me empty servers that take forever to fill.

Yeah I might be done with this game forever soon. I'm pretty sure the expansions WILL NOT be worth it with that kind of incompetence.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2017 4:05 am 
Captain
Captain

I installed the patch, launched the game, then... meh. Can't be bothered.

I've been playing Rise of Flight a little, pretty cool shit. I like more realistic flight, not gay arcadey shit like BF1. Can't wait for IL-2 Battle of Stalingrad/Moscow to become affordable.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2017 7:20 pm 
Major General
Major General

Not really noticed any changes in the patch. If anything it's a bit laggier. I get weird pauses that I never used to get. So yeah, shit patch.

Also, NERF THE FUCKING FIGHTERS!!!!!!! Sick to death of dying to trench darts. Every server has some ubernerd in his fighter with 6000 service starts just raping infantry all round long. Stinks.

Still, last round I got the SMG Sentry and utterly, utterly dominated with him. Just stayed in the bunkers and trenches and he is just unstoppable. Loved it.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2017 7:29 pm 
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Spandex wrote:
Don't really understand the support gun Storm variant nerf. The BAR was the only one that was a decent gun. Shoulda kept the BAR Storm as it was and buffed the rest.

Selbsplatter didn't need a buff but I'm glad they did. My fave medic gun by a country mile.

They HAVE to nerf the fighters air-to-ground capability though. Sick to death of guys with max ranks and 500 fighter service stars just raping maps that don't have any AA.

I agree with the BAR nerf not needed. The Support class is boring to use and the BAR made it enticing to use while not over versatile at all.

On the Fighter plane nerf.... Are you talking about in Conquest or in Operations? I agree 50/50 on this. If its in Operations yes but not in Conquest. Major, major difference between those two in terms of ground vs air and have been saying this since release. This is why:

• In Operations it is extremely easy to rape and farm infantry that are clumped up together and are so predictable to know where they are given how linear the Operations map sectors are.
• This plus lack of Anti Air placements that once destroyed do not respawn.
• There is hardly any opposition in the air, less planes.

It's really stupid how badly DICE balanced Air vs ground in OP mode.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2017 7:44 pm 
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

But yeah, I'm kinda burned out in the game. Not gonna be playing it until the DLC comes out. Don't know why EA is talking so long to release the DLCs out compared to previous BF titles. The lack of content in the game is also baffling. I know the game was rushed to release and beat COD and yes they improved the bugs so it didn't receive that same buggy stigma that BF4 had on release but let's face it, it lacks so much compared to BF4 and even BF3.

2) The game is casual AF. Sure it's not casual fucked as BF4 is in terms of self locking weapons like the LAWS, Active Radar, the all seeing Thermals optics but still caters to first time FPS players way too much. (P.S> I still find infantry fighting in BF4 much more rewarding)

BF1 has become quite apparent that there are certain aspects that have been over simplified. One of the most apparent ones is the Bolt action rifle gunplay - gun scopes in faster and there is virtually no scope sway what so ever, take aim then fire and the super fast reload is ridiculous as well (its as if you have the faster reload perk from COD). Not to mention how easy it is to get one shot kills with shotguns and grenade spam.

The inclusion of the new hero pick ups errr sorry I meant "elite classes" more Star Wars Battlefront nonsense. They are only there to give someone a chance at going on a good kill streak. The Behemoths, while an interesting attention grabber it brings nothing good to the game other than to reward the losing side a DICE band aid over the terrible matchmaking system.

Going overboard with the scoring system and preaching PTFO like they were vegans while making any form of shooting a mockery. Now it's easy to rack up points by just hiding and capping a flag.

Yes BF3 and BF4 weren't perfect but I just feel now BF is being simplified to appeal to the casual gaming masses, who will play it for a while but in the end it will be the more hardcore BF vets that will stay but at the expense of having a deluded BF game, but after a while they will just give up on the game because of the drastic changes that have been implemented.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2017 4:02 am 
Major
Major

i havent really played battlefield 1 since I reached 71. unlocked all the guns, and all the vehicle unlocks that I wanted. Now Im just waiting for the expansion release.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2017 4:03 am 
Major
Major

Also, since Battlefield 4 will be integrated with the Battlefield 1 menu, I am hoping that will bring some more activity back to battlefield 4. I will definitely hope back into it, since Battlelog will no longer be a requirement to launch or play a game.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2017 10:25 pm 
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

So currently in the BF1 CTE (Community Test Environment), they are "testing" out having auto-resupplied grenades on soldiers without the use of resupplying from an Ammo crate. Dice claims that "this will diminish the grenade spam".

Sigh...remember that time I told you that "this game is starting to look more and more like the casual fucked Battlefront"? ....Yeah. III/O

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2017 1:19 am 
Lieutenant-Colonel
Lieutenant-Colonel

Graphic-J wrote:
So currently in the BF1 CTE (Community Test Environment), they are "testing" out having auto-resupplied grenades on soldiers without the use of resupplying from an Ammo crate. Dice claims that "this will diminish the grenade spam".

Sigh...remember that time I told you that "this game is starting to look more and more like the casual fucked Battlefront"? ....Yeah. III/O

Yeah I'm done then. Might as well go full retard Battlefront and give me auto-regenerating flares, K bullets, primary, sidearm, explosives including AT grenades and Rocket Gun and rifle grenades, and everything else.

Infinite grenades DOES NOT reduce grenade spam!

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2017 6:48 am 
Sergeant-Major
Sergeant-Major

I got the premium pass and now everything is fucked up
My scraps and 12 battle packs are gone
The game was acting strange today so maybe they'll be back when whatever is fixed

- Donald Trump

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 366 posts ]  Go to page Previous 111 12 13 14 15 Next