It is currently Fri Feb 21, 2020 8:08 am

All times are UTC+01:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 363 posts ]  Go to page Previous 111 12 13 14 15
PostPosted: Fri Feb 07, 2020 5:48 pm 
Lieutenant-Colonel
Lieutenant-Colonel

Oh my!

Didn't realize HM was part Italian with all of that hand waiving and gesticulating! ; )

PostPosted: Fri Feb 07, 2020 8:03 pm 
Major General
Major General

Holyman wrote:
Oh, alright then:

phpBB [video]

:|

You've lost weight! Sexy.

What's the motive behind the video? Promoting your Ministry of Sound stuff?

PostPosted: Fri Feb 07, 2020 8:14 pm 
Holyman
Holyman

The Minstry stuff is expanding.

Rather: the stuff I'm doing at the Ministry is expanding.

Every single talk, everyone asks when I'm putting it on YT. I've been resisting, because...Well, lots of reasons..

But I've surrendered now.

This clip is just a "rush", to see how things look and to get feedback.

Feedback has been very positive on the content (obviously...), but the Director thinks that it is too cinematic atm (because we've been using cinematic cameras...).

Going to be trying different backgrounds and cameras over the next few weeks.

You guys can be part of the focus group!

%-(

"We are moving into an era where authority cannot be the Truth.

Only the Truth shall be the Authority in coming times, as the sanctity of all authorities will be questioned."
- Sadhguru

PostPosted: Fri Feb 07, 2020 9:45 pm 
Sergeant-Major
Sergeant-Major

I like the TED talk format for lectures. Can you not tape the lectures live? Foota brings up a good point and that is the framing here is all hands and head so even though you're not really moving your hands that much and just making normal hand motions it seems like you're waving them around because they're taking up 50% of the frame (also black shirt and black background = disembodied head).

Lighting is nice and warm. You talk at a pretty good and consistent volume. Maybe slow down a touch...could just be me...Brits always seem to talk really fast.

Truthfully I picture you in a giant wingback chair with a pipe in one hand and a fireplace and bookshelf in the background. Maybe a dog lying down in front. ...then have Holywoman come in mid way through and bust a move, do some back bending and kick the camera over.

belonged to someone yesterday
and will be someone else’s tomorrow

Change is the Law of The Universe

-------------------------------------------------

“A good traveler has no fixed plans, and is not intent on arriving.” – Lao Tzu

PostPosted: Fri Feb 07, 2020 10:16 pm 
Colonel
Colonel

Ted!

PostPosted: Fri Feb 07, 2020 11:36 pm 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

I thought you'd have a London accent Holy..

You sound quite sexy posh.

Also well done on losing the weight =D>

PostPosted: Sat Feb 08, 2020 1:52 am 
Captain
Captain

When Holyman finally comes to power and achieves as one world government he's going to mandate how much salt you can have on your chips....

Go ahead Holyman tell them it's true... :>_

[**==] [**==] SomeGuy 2020 [**==] [**==]
[**==] [**==] It's going to be a [**==] [**==]
[**==] [**==] Brave New World [**==] [**==]

PostPosted: Sat Feb 08, 2020 6:58 am 
Colonel
Colonel

OK just watched it and promise to give only honest feedback because I hate bullshitting.

Political message: true, but needs some actual examples to back it up, all a bit vague

Voice/elocution: perfect

Camera work: can’t see anything but face, needs better lighting, window with something interesting... can you get Big Ben in the background or something?

O{DC}O

PostPosted: Sat Feb 08, 2020 10:47 pm 
Sergeant First-Class
Sergeant First-Class

Love it! I’ll let the others tell you how to go about the lighting and such... Just happy to be a part of the focus group. Get it Holyman!! *hug*

PostPosted: Sun Feb 09, 2020 5:18 pm 
Holyman
Holyman

Thanks so much for the generous and very helpful feedback guys.

I want to put as much thought into responding as you have... Which means waiting until I'm on a proper keyboard..!

Just wanted to quickly quote Deanna:

Love you guys!!

>:D<

Only the Truth shall be the Authority in coming times, as the sanctity of all authorities will be questioned."
- Sadhguru

PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2020 12:42 pm 
Holyman
Holyman

Right: plastic, tactile keys FTW!

So yup Slacks: I’m now officially a “DILF”, according to the Mums at HB 3.0’s Primary School.

The “lectures” (a.k.a. Live Talks) at the Ministry are being filmed, and the idea is to cut between those, my Talking Head (and waving arms…), and illustrative and mood graphics.

As for the clip I posted..:

The camera used is designed to be used in small offices, for head-and-shoulder shots…

You guys can probably make more sense of what the guy doing the filming was gibbering about: “depth of field”, “ISO”, “Aperture settings”, and other meaningless (to me) terms.

But the result is what you see: a bit of a fish-eye when it comes to my giant, gesticulating hands!

On the point of the gesticulating: the Director encouraged me to do that… He said it “brings out my character”…

In the “Dailies” – of which the clip I posted is one – the gesticulations were more conscious than they usually are, because I didn’t want to upset the Director..!

And the black background, black shirt, disembodied head, and Marcel Marceau hands…

…Was a trial. And the feedback we’ve received has all matched you guys’ comments.

So this weekend, we’ll be filming in my study, probably with my book shelves as the back-drop.

(No wing-backed leather chair yet though… But it’s in the Pipeline!)

Not sure about “Big Ben [sic] (https://www.parliament.uk/about/living- ... enquiries/)” in the background…

… Maybe the Atomic Scientists “Doomsday Clock”?

The feedback on my voice/elocution is gratefully received. That’s the bit that’s all on me, so very helpful.

And I will try to set a more even pace in my diction tG. It’s always been an Area-for-Improvement, especially when I’m talking to those for whom English isn’t their primary language.

So thank you all very much for the helpful feedback!

Regarding the actual “political message”/content (MH):

The other area that is all on me!

As you are all fully aware, I’m not the most concise person in the World..!

Mostly because I have a more-or-less complete Vision (of/for our World), and that’s not something that lends itself to brevity.

But..! We live in an Age of Limited Attention Spans… And that means I’ve got to try and parcel/compartmentalise different themes/topics… And keep examples, references and illustrations brief.

However, the basis of my Schtick, is that I try to work only with the information I think the audience already has, rather than trying to substantiate my points with scholarly references or anecdotal “evidence” that people are unlikely to follow-up on.

I was recently described as “The Unspin Doctor”, because I’m mostly working with information that has been “spun” out to the Masses; or at least, I try to put the Common Sense back into “Common Knowledge”!

To give a couple of examples:

The United States Government would not have invaded Iraq in 2003 if it sincerely believed Saddam Hussein had control of WMDs, because it couldn’t politically endure tens-of-thousands of U.S. troops being killed by WMDs.

The “War on Drugs” continues, not because people, Society and Governments are still morally opposed to people taking drugs recreationally… But because of the massive amounts of money (hundreds of billions) allocated by Governments to organisations and corporations providing the means to fight that “War”.

Simple stuff. But invariably produces a “Lightbulb!” moment for those hearing it.

But with all that said, I’ve still got to map out a bunch of different pieces that will create a base/framework for the material.

Now the thing is, I’ve actually resisted putting this stuff up on YT, despite it being the universal request at the end of every talk I’ve given.

The reason for that is that I do not want the Ideas I’m presenting to be anchored or even particularly associated with me/my personality.

I look at our World today, with my Big Old Brain, and I see a System that is way out-of-whack.

That’s force of habit… I’ve been looking at out-of-whack systems (and whacking them into shape) all my working life… And it just feels like getting the World/Human System functioning more effectively (improved outcomes for a greater number of people) is…

…Why I’m here.

But I also recognise that the primary reason the Human System is so out-of-shape, is because over the last 9,000 years or so, whenever a man (always a man…) decides he “Knows How To Fix Things.”, one of two things happens:

1) He is successful.

And goes bonkers.

E.g. Hitler, Stalin, Mao Zedong, Donald Trump &c.

2) He is assassinated.

Either literally or metaphorically.

E.g. Martin Luther King, Mohandas Gandhi, Julian Assange, Jeremy Corbyn &c.

I’m not worried about literal assassination (because I don’t flatter myself…). But the concern I would have about being character assassinated (I’ve so many skeletons, I don’t have a closet big enough to fit them all in…), is that it would distract and detract from the Ideas and Intention behind the Initiative.

Which would waste Time I don’t believe We have.

So… The Idea is *NOT* to hold forth on “What I think Everyone Else needs to do!”, but rather to present information in an objective a fashion as possible, so that those viewing it can make their *OWN* minds up about things.

Rather than having their “Minds Made-Up” by Governments, Corporations, the Media or me!

The immediate aim then is to try and demonstrate a different form of Political/Social Dialogue to the adversarial, dividing and accusatory form of “dialogue” that currently passes for Political/Social discourse.

I don’t “Self-Identify” with anything I believe. I’m not wedded to any positions I put forward. If someone wants to dispute an idea I’ve expressed, I really do welcome that (15 years of friendship with Foota, SG, Midnight et al should substantiate that!).

Because I might be wrong – on any number of topics. And I thoroughly welcome corrections!

But not just that…

I use a few (non-denominational) parables during my talks, and my favourite is about the five blind men and the elephant (that wanders into their village). The blind men all grab a different part of the elephant, mis-identify it (rope, snake, tree, barrel, leaf) because they’ve only got hold of a part of the picture.

And they bicker. A lot.

Rather than putting the pieces they each hold: Together.

The only reason I think I might have hold of an “elephant”, is because I try to spend as much time listening, reading and learning about other peoples’ perspectives, and trying to put them together into a Whole.

But it isn’t about me demanding Everyone Else accept my definition of “The Elephant”. It’s about trying to bring all the Parts Together.

Nobody on this Planet (not even me!) has a Complete Picture.

For starters, most people generally only see what they want to see, and ignore or dismiss anything that doesn’t fit with the Picture *THEY* want to see.

That’s fine. Same must apply to me also.

And that means we need to start Working Together. Instead of spending all our Time arguing about our Differences, we could spend it discussing our Similarities.

And the One Thing that we all have in common, is that we are marooned on this Planet Together. And one way or another, it isn’t in Good Shape.

And there are many different “Blind Men” Factions, all equally convinced that *THEIR* Plan to get the World in Shape is the *ONLY* option.

The divisions within our Society are purposefully sown and fertilised by a very small number of individual humans following the tried-and-mistrusted method of “Divide and Conquer”.

But there *IS* only One Way to get through our Society’s Growing Pains:

Together.

And that’s what I’m hoping to demonstrate/illustrate with the Things I Want To Say.

Because I’m hoping that others will get what I’m doing, and Join In.

Like you Guys and Girl are already!

>:D<

- Sadhguru

PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2020 7:13 pm 
Colonel
Colonel

I should not be posting here right now. I should be working.

HOW DARE YOU.

We are at the beginning of a major worldwide pandemic, and all you can talk about is 'transaction taxes' and fantasies of 'Middle East stability.'

How dare you.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2020 8:36 pm 
Holyman
Holyman

I Love it when a Plan comes together!

B-)

- Sadhguru

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 363 posts ]  Go to page Previous 111 12 13 14 15