It is currently Fri Feb 21, 2020 7:31 am

All times are UTC+01:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 131 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next
 Post subject: Re: Not me. Us.
PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2020 11:25 pm 
Captain
Captain

Time to hire Ernest borgnine to clean up Bart

phpBB [video]

[**==] [**==] SomeGuy 2020 [**==] [**==]
[**==] [**==] It's going to be a [**==] [**==]
[**==] [**==] Brave New World [**==] [**==]

PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2020 2:39 am 
Lieutenant-Colonel
Lieutenant-Colonel

Can anyone point to a single positive outcome from these city's permissive drug and homeless policies?

Overdose rates in cities like Vancouver and San Francisco have increased dramatically over the last 10 years too.

All I see is more homeless camps, more addiction, more overdoses, more shit on the streets, more hepatitis, more crime, more rape and more families fleeing to the suburbs.

The economy is booming. Jobs are plentiful. Cost of gas is cheap.

No need to live under retarded Progressive big city government and all of the violence and dysfunction that goes with it.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2020 2:51 am 
Captain
Captain

Foota wrote:
Can anyone point to a single positive outcome from these city's permissive drug and homeless policies?

Overdose rates in cities like Vancouver and San Francisco have increased dramatically over the last 10 years too.

All I see is more homeless camps, more addiction, more overdoses, more shit on the streets, more hepatitis, more crime, more rape and more families fleeing to the suburbs.

No need to live under retarded Progressive big city government and all of the violence and dysfunction that goes with it.

How do we fix it?

How do we humanely round up all these people, and fit them back into society?

are you going to have a retraining program for the people whose jobs previously were handing out clean needles? Or are they just out of jobs?

:>_

PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2020 2:52 am 
Colonel
Colonel

Foota wrote:

It would probably help you to understand this better if you got out and had some actual conversations with homeless people. “Jobs are plentiful” only for people capable of doing them, and who don’t have rotten teeth, scabs all over their faces, and paranoid delusions.

There are more homeless because a) there are more people, and b) the cost of a basic apartment, if you can even find a vacant one, is insane. Most of the slummy buildings are being bulldozed and replaced with condos that even normal people couldn’t afford (really they are just investments for Chinese people, rather than actual homes).

There are more overdoses because most of the heroin now contains an unknown amount of fentanyl (Yay, War On Drugs!).

Maybe educate yourself a bit on the topic?

PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2020 3:02 am 
Captain
Captain

PBFMullethunter wrote:
Foota wrote:

It would probably help you to understand this better if you got out and had some actual conversations with homeless people. “Jobs are plentiful” only for people capable of doing them, and who don’t have rotten teeth, scabs all over their faces, and paranoid delusions.

There are more homeless because a) there are more people, and b) the cost of a basic apartment, if you can even find a vacant one, is insane. Most of the slummy buildings are being bulldozed and replaced with condos that even normal people couldn’t afford (really they are just investments for Chinese people, rather than actual homes).

There are more overdoses because most of the heroin now contains an unknown amount of fentanyl (Yay, War On Drugs!).

There are a lot of places, where you just can't bulldoze all the slums anymore and put in a million-dollar condos, you often have to put low rent housing or assistance housing in as well. It's been years ago but when they destroyed the Stapleton airport and Denver that's what they did they have like seven different tiers of housing all the way from the millionaires to the people on public housing on that like many city they built with the airport used to be.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2020 3:04 am 
Lieutenant-Colonel
Lieutenant-Colonel

MIDNIGHT wrote:
How do we fix it?

are you going to have a retraining program for the people whose jobs previously were handing out clean needles? Or are they just out of jobs?

How do we fix it?

You simply do what pretty much every other normal city outside the crazy West Coast does.

You enforce basic vagrancy laws. You don't hand out free needles and allow hard drug use out in the open attracting people from all over the country to live on the streets and do drugs. You have to make living on the street very difficult. I think you will be surprised at how many people will clear out and find friends or family with just some basic enforcement.

There will still be homeless and unsolvable cases with some requiring incarceration and institutionalization, but I think we can greatly reduce the crazy levels of dysfunction we are seeing in big West Coast cities very quickly with some basic enforcement.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2020 3:11 am 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Foota wrote:
MIDNIGHT wrote:
How do we fix it?

How do we fix it?

You simply do what pretty much every other normal city outside the crazy West Coast does.

You enforce basic vagrancy laws. You don't hand out free needles and allow hard drug use out in the open attracting people from all over the country to live on the streets and do drugs. You have to make living on the street very difficult. I think you will be surprised at how many people will clear out and find friends or family with just some basic enforcement.

There will still be homeless and unsolvable cases with some requiring incarceration and institutionalization, but I think we can greatly reduce the crazy levels of dysfunction we are seeing in big West Coast cities very quickly with some basic enforcement.

In the dictionary looking up Cunt and it says Foota.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2020 3:13 am 
Lieutenant-Colonel
Lieutenant-Colonel

barcelona wrote:

Sshhh!

Grown ups are talking and trying to fix West Coast homelessness and drug addiction.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2020 3:19 am 
Lieutenant-Colonel
Lieutenant-Colonel

PBFMullethunter wrote:

I have and have been working and visiting Seattle, San Francisco and Los Angeles several times a year for the last 20. It is scary surreal how quickly it has degenerated.

I saw your bums in Vancouver. They are nothing like what we have in Seattle and San Francisco right now.

This is a pretty straight up report in Seattle worth watching.

phpBB [video]

PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2020 3:22 am 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Foota wrote:
barcelona wrote:

Sshhh!

Grown ups are talking and trying to fix West Coast homelessness and drug addiction.

By taking away new needles you think you can solve shit ? You Pratt .

Stick to your sewer job and surfing .. You have no fucking clue as to why most people are homeless. They all have a story but you don't want to hear it just lump them in the same bin right?

PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2020 3:24 am 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

PBFMullethunter wrote:
Foota wrote:

You twat you've met Foota and you had one chance ffs.........

PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2020 3:30 am 
Colonel
Colonel

Foota wrote:
PBFMullethunter wrote:

I have and have been working and visiting Seattle, San Francisco and Los Angeles several times a year for the last 20. It is scary surreal how quickly it has degenerated.

I saw your bums in Vancouver. They are nothing like what we have in Seattle and San Francisco right now.

This is a pretty straight up report in Seattle worth watching.

phpBB [video]

You don’t think these people are the product of a society that discards them once it determines them to be worthless in the workforce?

You’re right; Vancouver bums are harmless... why? Maybe we aren’t quite so cruel to people who don’t stand a chance?

PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2020 3:34 am 
Colonel
Colonel

barcelona wrote:

There is some genuine goodness in there... it’s just gonna take an eye-opening experience or two to coax it out.

I wonder what the response will be if one of his kids develops a severe mental health problem?

PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2020 3:40 am 
Lieutenant-Colonel
Lieutenant-Colonel

PBFMullethunter wrote:
barcelona wrote:

There is some genuine goodness in there... it’s just gonna take an eye-opening experience or two to coax it out.

I wonder what the response will be if one of his kids develops a severe mental health problem?

God forbid - but I would take my kid in and support him so he is not on the fucking street to help him sober up.

And FFS - I have close experience with this regarding family members.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2020 3:42 am 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Foota wrote:
PBFMullethunter wrote:
barcelona wrote:

God forbid - but I would take my kid in and support him so he is not on the fucking street to help him sober up.

And if he doesn't want your help?

PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2020 4:51 am 
Colonel
Colonel

barcelona wrote:
Foota wrote:
PBFMullethunter wrote:

And if he doesn't want your help?

You can't help he who won't help himself. If he doesn't want help, let him go. All assistance at that point will do is continue enabling bad behaviors.

My aunt is that type, she never held a job for long in her life, had three kids (two grown now), got divorced, was always drunk or on some kind of drug and got bailed out by family time and time and time again. All helping her has ever done is let keep doing drugs and avoiding reality and at this point she's all but burned her bridges in terms of getting people to "help her out". One of her kids has and wants nothing to do with her anymore, the second isn't often in contact and the third is still underage last I counted.

PCNC and PBF live in death!

PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2020 5:15 am 
Colonel
Colonel

On a lighter note:

https://www.nationalreview.com/2017/07/ ... sensitive/

III/O

Was 2017 Peak Retard year? Or are we in for more?

PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2020 12:18 pm 
Holyman
Holyman

Slacks wrote:
Holyman wrote:
If Sanders gets the Democrat nomination, he *WILL* win the election in November.

Bet he doesn't

Alright.

What are you willing to bet?

Here's my reasoning:

*IF* (and it's still an if, but that's an improvement on 2016 for Sanders) the DNC doesn't manage to block Sanders' nomination and he is the Democrat Candidate for POTUS this November...

More than 50% of American voters are very frightened of what Trump is doing to the U.S.

But some of those may be told to be more afraid of what Sanders will do to the U.S.

However, most Americans are like most of the People in the Rest of the World right now, in that they have fuck all money and are living hand-to-mouth.

So they'll vote for Sanders simply because allowing all Americans to use the Medicare Single-Payer Insurance Scheme will give them about 10% more in their paycheck, almost immediately.

That's why I'm betting Sanders wins if the DNC doesn't block his nomination (or enough Americans aren't swayed by Michael Bloomberg's billions...).

\!x/

"We are moving into an era where authority cannot be the Truth.

Only the Truth shall be the Authority in coming times, as the sanctity of all authorities will be questioned."
- Sadhguru

PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2020 2:19 pm 
Major General
Major General

Holyman wrote:
Slacks wrote:
Holyman wrote:
If Sanders gets the Democrat nomination, he *WILL* win the election in November.

Bet he doesn't

Alright.

What are you willing to bet?

5 beers O{DC}O

Holyman wrote:
Here's my reasoning:

*IF* (and it's still an if, but that's an improvement on 2016 for Sanders) the DNC doesn't manage to block Sanders' nomination and he is the Democrat Candidate for POTUS this November...

More than 50% of American voters are very frightened of what Trump is doing to the U.S.

But some of those may be told to be more afraid of what Sanders will do to the U.S.

However, most Americans are like most of the People in the Rest of the World right now, in that they have fuck all money and are living hand-to-mouth.

So they'll vote for Sanders simply because allowing all Americans to use the Medicare Single-Payer Insurance Scheme will give them about 10% more in their paycheck, almost immediately.

That's why I'm betting Sanders wins if the DNC doesn't block his nomination (or enough Americans aren't swayed by Michael Bloomberg's billions...).

\!x/

Assuming that Sanders is indeed the obvious, logical choice for most of Murrica when compared to Trump, how often do people actually make the obvious, logical choice when voting?

Maybe I'm just so used to being wrong I now subconsciousness assume obvious, logical choices aren't made anymore.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2020 3:56 pm 
Holyman
Holyman

Sanders and his policies are not the obvious and logical choice for many Americans.

I'm saying they'll vote for him purely because of the immediate increase in their disposable income.

And for those currently with no Health Insurance: Health Insurance.

Fuck, they'll do it just to get rid of all the forms theyhave to fill out every time they need or want medical attention.

Seems obvious to me.

5 beers it is!

O{DC}O

"We are moving into an era where authority cannot be the Truth.

Only the Truth shall be the Authority in coming times, as the sanctity of all authorities will be questioned."
- Sadhguru

PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2020 8:31 pm 
Sergeant-Major
Sergeant-Major

I would have voted for Yang...now that he's out. I think you're fucked. Bernie sucks. So does Trump. I think in all honesty Trump will destroy Bernie.... ...but the lulz watching Trump give his losing speech would be epic. When in doubt vote for lulz

belonged to someone yesterday
and will be someone else’s tomorrow

Change is the Law of The Universe

-------------------------------------------------

“A good traveler has no fixed plans, and is not intent on arriving.” – Lao Tzu

PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2020 8:55 pm 
Lieutenant-Colonel
Lieutenant-Colonel

Holyman wrote:

I'm saying they'll vote for him purely because of the immediate increase in their disposable income.

O{DC}O

What are you smoking?

Did you see the Gallup poll that came out this month? These are some of the highest rankings in recorded history.

https://news.gallup.com/poll/284264/rec ... ances.aspx

Why would people who are so happy and optimistic about their personal finances throw it all away on crazy Bernie and his jack-booted Bernie bros caught on video wanting to put people in gulags?

If Corbyn got wiped out in the UK which has a much longer (and more friendly) history with Socialism, how on earth do you think the old lazy Commie like Bernie can get elected in the US when Trump has a gazillion accomplishments he can point to?

- Energy independence
- Border more secure
- Record unemployment
- Rising wages
- Low gas prices
- No new wars

PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2020 9:57 pm 
Lieutenant-Colonel
Lieutenant-Colonel

MOAR Winning.

Quote:
Wage gains for low earners have helped sustain America’s economic expansion
At 128 months and counting, America’s economic expansion is the longest on record. Longevity has not come easily. The expansion trundled along despite global manufacturing downturns in 2016 and 2019, conflicts over trade, and a bout of monetary tightening by the Federal Reserve. The recovery ploughed ahead last year even as business investment decelerated and residential-construction investment shrank, thanks to rock-steady growth in personal consumption. The durability of spending is a testament to one of this expansion’s more unusual features: faster growth in wages for workers at the bottom of the income distribution than for high earners. Improved fortunes for low-wage workers may, it seems, be an underappreciated contributor to the sustainability of economic booms.

https://www.economist.com/finance-and-e ... -expansion

Still not tired of the winning.

Quote:
Immigration to America is down. Wages are up
In both 2018 and 2019 nominal wages rose by more than 3%, the fastest growth since before the recession a decade ago. Americans at the bottom of the labour market are doing especially well. In the past year the wages of those without a high-school diploma have risen by nearly 10%. Intriguingly, this has come as America has turned considerably less friendly to immigrants, who are assumed by many to steal jobs from natives and lower the wages of less-educated folk. The two phenomena may be connected—but only for a while.

For the first time in half a century America’s immigrant population appears to be in sustained decline, both in absolute terms and as a share of the total.

https://www.economist.com/united-states ... ges-are-up

PostPosted: Sun Feb 16, 2020 4:37 pm 
Sergeant First-Class
Sergeant First-Class

Holyman wrote:
Sanders and his policies are not the obvious and logical choice for many Americans.

And for those currently with no Health Insurance: Health Insurance.

Fuck, they'll do it just to get rid of all the forms theyhave to fill out every time they need or want medical attention.

Seems obvious to me.

5 beers it is!

O{DC}O

I think Holyman has it right. Americans are sick of all the fighting and our insurance is a joke... Private insurance is even above and beyond what people can afford now. Where in the hell is all the money going btw? Even those of us that haven’t lost our jobs in the last several years (our factory closed in 2017) are sick to death of hearing how great everything is... When in fact everyone is scared most of the time because people are so pissed off. Either defending Trump or hating anyone that voted for Trump. Two different kinds of angry...

PostPosted: Sun Feb 16, 2020 5:48 pm 
Sergeant First-Class
Sergeant First-Class

Oh, and on that note.... I hope Bernie wins because even though I don’t hate Trump, the mention of his names causes me anxiety thanks to all the insane Trump supporters in my area. Bunch of angry people out there... Luckily, we can discuss the topic here without someone letting the air out of your tires...Also, most of my external family is addicted to opioids, meth, crack or some other form of drug... Believe me, weed and booze aren’t the worse things you can do... We all need some form of relaxation, if we are being honest. And as Barcy said, everyone has a story... That homeless person on the street could be suffering because he fought for our country... There body is here but their mind is still fighting the war, yet everyone expects them to just act normal. Our vets have a very high suicide rate, yet people that have never been broken lack empathy and in the end, are often times cruel... When you are faced, on a daily basis, with those that take pleasure in being cruel, either because they don’t care or because they were taught and told not to care, you wonder if this world is even worth saving. We need our village...

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 131 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next