It is currently Sat Feb 16, 2019 8:20 am

All times are UTC+01:00

Post subject: Gillette
PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2019 7:16 am 
Lieutenant-Colonel
Lieutenant-Colonel

New ad insults basically their entire core demographic, gets expected backlash.

From what I get from the ad, basically that by being a man I'm a harasser, abuser, rapist, racist, violent cunt, misogynist, and general shitbag of a person regardless of what I actually am otherwise.

I guess it's a good thing that I've always bought Bic razors for blades and Norelco or Braun shavers for electrics. Gillette ain't getting anything from me if they want to tell me that.

My how tone deaf businesses are becoming.

PCNC and PBF live in death!

Post subject: Re: Gillette
PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2019 8:05 am 
Captain
Captain

This was already posted.

[**==] [**==] SomeGuy 2020 [**==] [**==]
[**==] [**==] It's going to be a [**==] [**==]
[**==] [**==] Brave New World [**==] [**==]

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2019 8:23 am 
Major General
Major General

I dont like that the advert implies all men are like this and are currently going through an evolution to become better people. Some are assholes but most aren't.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2019 3:25 pm 
First Sergeant
First Sergeant

2 things really bug me about this bull shit. First is using a form of discrimination to fight the very discrimination you claim is taking place. Sexism is bad. We get it. Have gotten it for the past 40 years. We're good. Fuck off. Now you're putting all dudes in a basket and saying we're shit. That's fucking sexism you stupid fucks.

Second...it's totally bull shit...

For centuries men were taught to help the elderly. We were taught to hold doors open for women. Help a lady out of the car, carry her bags... Not cause she can't do it herself but because it's respectful. How many men went off to how many wars to fight and die for things they believed in. One of which was that all people regardless of race/religion should be treated equal. Who gets off the sinking ship first? Not the men. What the fuck is this shit to paint all guys with the same brush as a few people who have behavioral disorders and can't keep their hands to themselves (there are fucked up women too...I've worked with plenty). Fuck right off. I'll raise my boys to be respectful regardless of this shit but it's confusing as fuck for young boys who just want to do boy things and are being told it's bad. My sons can't play tag at school. It's too rough. No snowball fights. Someone might put a rock in a snowball. No wrestling. To violent. They play fucking tag with pool noodles so there isn't any unwanted touching. FUCK THIS! We'll have a generation of pussies on our hands if this keeps up. Let boys be fucking boys. Stop trying to make them something they aren't so it fits your stupid fucking desire to make us all the same. We aren't. That's a good thing. Embrace the differences.

What concerns me a lot though isn't this bull shit. This anti masculinity crap being paraded everywhere. What concerns me is the backlash. Dudes are fed up and becoming even more fed up. Some douche bag Piers Morgan type is going to jump on that hype (he already is) and rise to some form on power on a wave of PRO MEN ideology which will be even more polarizing and less constructive. Fucking left needs to ease the fuck off. Our PM snowflake fuck head is going to be out of job too for precisely this reason. Let's end this bullshit age of effeminate men. We'll open doors and let you off the sinking ship first but let our sons play fucking tag and wrestle.

belonged to someone yesterday
and will be someone else’s tomorrow

Change is the Law of The Universe

-------------------------------------------------

“A good traveler has no fixed plans, and is not intent on arriving.” – Lao Tzu

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2019 4:40 pm 
Captain
Captain

tgrant wrote:
2 things really bug me about this bull shit. First is using a form of discrimination to fight the very discrimination you claim is taking place. Sexism is bad. We get it. Have gotten it for the past 40 years. We're good. Fuck off. Now you're putting all dudes in a basket and saying we're shit. That's fucking sexism you stupid fucks.

Second...it's totally bull shit...

For centuries men were taught to help the elderly. We were taught to hold doors open for women. Help a lady out of the car, carry her bags... Not cause she can't do it herself but because it's respectful. How many men went off to how many wars to fight and die for things they believed in. One of which was that all people regardless of race/religion should be treated equal. Who gets off the sinking ship first? Not the men. What the fuck is this shit to paint all guys with the same brush as a few people who have behavioral disorders and can't keep their hands to themselves (there are fucked up women too...I've worked with plenty). Fuck right off. I'll raise my boys to be respectful regardless of this shit but it's confusing as fuck for young boys who just want to do boy things and are being told it's bad. My sons can't play tag at school. It's too rough. No snowball fights. Someone might put a rock in a snowball. No wrestling. To violent. They play fucking tag with pool noodles so there isn't any unwanted touching. FUCK THIS! We'll have a generation of pussies on our hands if this keeps up. Let boys be fucking boys. Stop trying to make them something they aren't so it fits your stupid fucking desire to make us all the same. We aren't. That's a good thing. Embrace the differences.

What concerns me a lot though isn't this bull shit. This anti masculinity crap being paraded everywhere. What concerns me is the backlash. Dudes are fed up and becoming even more fed up. Some douche bag Piers Morgan type is going to jump on that hype (he already is) and rise to some form on power on a wave of PRO MEN ideology which will be even more polarizing and less constructive. Fucking left needs to ease the fuck off. Our PM snowflake fuck head is going to be out of job too for precisely this reason. Let's end this bullshit age of effeminate men. We'll open doors and let you off the sinking ship first but let our sons play fucking tag and wrestle.

Well spoken =D>

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2019 4:47 pm 
Lieutenant-Colonel
Lieutenant-Colonel

Get woke, go broke

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2019 4:55 pm 
Sergeant First-Class
Sergeant First-Class

The mad levels of woke that we seem to hear on the media seems to be a USA thing. FYI - I don't mean that it's not happening elsewhere, I just mean that the extreme levels seems to be a yank thing. Here in Ireland we treat women as equals, but at the same time we still open doors etc as it's just good manners. Also - discount everyting Piers Morgan says, he's one step away from Alex Jones in terms of baiting & making shit up. One of the most hated people in the UK.

"you stupid illiterate fucking bastard fuck. Maybe you should grab a dictionary instead, you fucking twat wanker. Oh, and fuck you and your stupid fucking boat. Fucking fuck.
Now fuck off out of this thread, you buttfucking fucking asshole." Slacks

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2019 4:58 pm 
Major General
Major General

Junior-IRL wrote:
The mad levels of woke that we seem to hear on the media seems to be a USA thing. FYI - I don't mean that it's not happening elsewhere, I just mean that the extreme levels seems to be a yank thing.

That's the impression I get too.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2019 4:59 pm 
Lieutenant-Colonel
Lieutenant-Colonel

I don’t understand how anyone even noticed. Who the hell watches TV commercials?

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2019 5:01 pm 
Captain
Captain

Speaking of holding the door open for woman. It’s something I always do and I have the following observation.

When you hold the door open for an older black woman they are so pleased and thank you. And it’s just like, “it’s my pleasure ma’am” like every single time.

When you hold the door open for a younger black woman they treat you like a servent and don’t even acknowledge me. Seriously every single time.

Not that I’m doing it for thanks, and I hold the door open for families, the elderly and even other blokes if I’m not in a hurry, just to be courteous and civil.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2019 5:04 pm 
Major General
Major General

MIDNIGHT wrote:
When you hold the door open for a younger black woman they treat you like a servent and don’t even acknowledge me. Seriously every single time.

In fairness they probably don't appreciate you slapping their butts and giving a wink at the same time.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2019 5:14 pm 
Captain
Captain

Gillette alternatives

https://www.dollarshaveclub.com/

https://www.harrys.com/

https://www.theartofshaving.com/

Or

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2019 5:16 pm 
Captain
Captain

Slacks wrote:
MIDNIGHT wrote:

In fairness they probably don't appreciate you slapping their butts and giving a wink at the same time.

To be fair I do that with guys too. ;)

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2019 5:36 pm 
Lieutenant-Colonel
Lieutenant-Colonel

PBFMullethunter wrote:
I don’t understand how anyone even noticed. Who the hell watches TV commercials?

They're on Hulu, Netflix, YouTube and even friggin Farcebook vids FFS!

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2019 5:41 pm 
Lieutenant-Colonel
Lieutenant-Colonel

MIDNIGHT wrote:

Well, when you're giving them the Midnight Rape Stare, who can blame them?

But seriously, I think all this "person of color" nonsense is only contributing to people having a chip on their shoulder. It's the same as "Colored People" from the 1950's, only this time it's self-inflicted.

I don't judge women by the amount of pigment in their skin; I judge them by their bone structure, hair, breasts, and ass.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2019 5:42 pm 
Major General
Major General

I use Wilkinson Sword, which I think is a British brand. Their razors are good for the face and my head.

Sometimes I just use my clippers on both every few days if I'm feeling lazy. And sometimes....

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2019 5:45 pm 
Lieutenant-Colonel
Lieutenant-Colonel

Slacks wrote:
I use Wilkinson Sword, which I think is a British brand. Their razors are good for the face and my head.

Sometimes I just use my clippers on both every few days if I'm feeling lazy. And sometimes....

Honestly with the follicle challenges you have up above, you need some sort of facial hair/stubble at all times. That works.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2019 6:14 pm 
Colonel
Colonel

SomeGuy wrote:
New ad insults basically their entire core demographic, gets expected backlash.

From what I get from the ad, basically that by being a man I'm a harasser, abuser, rapist, racist, violent cunt, misogynist, and general shitbag of a person regardless of what I actually am otherwise.

I guess it's a good thing that I've always bought Bic razors for blades and Norelco or Braun shavers for electrics. Gillette ain't getting anything from me if they want to tell me that.

My how tone deaf businesses are becoming.

Bic are very shit.

Gillette are the best, trust me.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2019 6:29 pm 
Lieutenant-Colonel
Lieutenant-Colonel

barcelona wrote:
Bic are very shit.

The best shave I've ever gotten with a blade was with a Bic, they're cheap but razor blades are more or less identical. They're sharp, they cut you to ribbons if you screw up and if you know what you're doing you'll get the best shave ever with no burn.

Just take it slow and methodical and you'll save a ton of money. Gillette by comparison is horridly overpriced.

It's not like you're going to have baby smooth skin at the end of the day anyways. No shave lasts two days unless you cannot grow a beard or mustache.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2019 7:44 pm 
Colonel
Colonel

SomeGuy wrote:
barcelona wrote:
Bic are very shit.

The best shave I've ever gotten with a blade was with a Bic, they're cheap but razor blades are more or less identical. They're sharp, they cut you to ribbons if you screw up and if you know what you're doing you'll get the best shave ever with no burn.

Just take it slow and methodical and you'll save a ton of money. Gillette by comparison is horridly overpriced.

It's not like you're going to have baby smooth skin at the end of the day anyways. No shave lasts two days unless you cannot grow a beard or mustache.

I've stopped using razors after over thirty years of shaving my head. Too expensive... Now use an electric shaver.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2019 8:19 pm 
Lieutenant-Colonel
Lieutenant-Colonel

barcelona wrote:
I've stopped using razors after over thirty years of shaving my head. Too expensive... Now use an electric shaver.

Yeah I just use a little electric thingie once a week.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2019 8:23 pm 
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Gotta love to be told how to behave by a profit-motivated company.

As this comment on there says it all:
"Thanks for the moral advice, multi-national company that was recently caught profiting off forced child labour and price fixing..."

:))

heh this useless ad managed to unnecessarily alienate many of their customers, including many good men who basically agree with the "man" issues as said by Gillette.. They must be using EA's marketing team.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2019 9:22 pm 
Sergeant-Major
Sergeant-Major

A company that charges women more for razors than men then has the balls to call men the problem
Take your virtue signaling and shove it up your arse

- Donald Trump

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2019 9:41 pm 
Captain
Captain

Htown0666 wrote:
A company that charges women more for razors than men then has the balls to call men the problem
Take your virtue signaling and shove it up your arse

I don’t think that’s acually true. :-?

Pink tax is largely propaganda

As far as Gillette, I just looked them up on targets website and the men’s 3 blade razor with refills is the same as the wonen 3 blade razor also with refills, despite the woman’s looking more delux cosmetically.

Still Fuck Gillette!
:>_

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2019 9:48 pm 
Colonel
Colonel

You know why they dramatically increased the prices of their razors? Cos they were lasting too long and sales were down...