It is currently Fri Jan 18, 2019 10:37 am

All times are UTC+01:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 143 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next
PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2019 6:16 pm 
First Sergeant
First Sergeant

Just identify as a Ford Bronco.

belonged to someone yesterday
and will be someone else’s tomorrow

Change is the Law of The Universe

-------------------------------------------------

“A good traveler has no fixed plans, and is not intent on arriving.” – Lao Tzu

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2019 6:39 pm 
Lieutenant-Colonel
Lieutenant-Colonel

tgrant wrote:
Just identify as a Ford Bronco.

Ford Bronco x Chevy Volt? Mate, pray for forgiveness for the heresy you have just spoken.

PCNC and PBF live in death!

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2019 6:56 pm 
Major
Major

tgrant wrote:
I'm still a bit of a skeptic. Mainly from ignorance. I worry about the manufacture and recycling of the batteries. When I see quick charging, no rare earth mineral, long lasting battery I'm jumping in with both feet.

I am only doing a 3 year lease, so I am not worried about much right now in terms of warranty etc. Only maintenance is tire rotations and swapping the battery fluid every 7 years? The EV technology is moving so fast, there will be alot more options to choose from in the next few years.

I believe Chevy has a 10 year warranty on the battery and there have been no reported battery issues with the Bolt or the Volt that has been out for several years now. I also believe there are several companies already teamed with the car companies that are set to recycle batteries and re-purposing them for battery banks and other storage applications.

This shit is the future.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2019 7:00 pm 
Major
Major

Slacks wrote:
PBFMullethunter wrote:
Slacks wrote:
Foota is going to be one of those guys you read about being arrested for having sex with his car.

Pretty sure that’s legal down there.

Well it is a liberal state.

In terms of EV cars and government incentives, Colorado is even more generous than California. I believe Colorado gives a $5K incentive on top of the $7,500 from the Federal Government. California only provides $2.5K.

Today was my first real test of my daily work commute with traffic. The Bolt LOVES traffic and gets much better mileage with the stop and go and regenerative braking. My GOM (Guess O'Meter) said I only used up 22 miles for my 25 mile morning commute.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2019 10:50 pm 
Colonel
Colonel

Foota wrote:
One week update. I've driven over 400 miles combination of surface roads and freeways and I love this fucking thing more then ever. Don't think I will ever go back to internal combustion engine cars again. Driving to work is a joy. I've only plugged it in a couple times in the garage overnight to keep it topped off. I am still using the slow stock charger that comes with the car.

I stumbled upon this British review today.

phpBB [video]

201bhp..... Noice. O{DC}O shits all over my golf turbo.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2019 4:48 am 
Lieutenant-Colonel
Lieutenant-Colonel

But can it be charged in Humboldt County?

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2019 12:54 pm 
Lieutenant-Colonel
Lieutenant-Colonel

Foota wrote:

In terms of EV cars and government incentives, Colorado is even more generous than California. I believe Colorado gives a $5K incentive on top of the $7,500 from the Federal Government.

And you know why that's the case? We have no infrastructure to support EV's outside Denver and the Front Range.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2019 5:21 pm 
Lieutenant-Colonel
Lieutenant-Colonel

SomeGuy wrote:
Foota wrote:

In terms of EV cars and government incentives, Colorado is even more generous than California. I believe Colorado gives a $5K incentive on top of the $7,500 from the Federal Government.

And you know why that's the case? We have no infrastructure to support EV's outside Denver and the Front Range.

Who needs electricity when you have a crossbow and giant squirrel?

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2019 6:11 pm 
Major
Major

PBFMullethunter wrote:
But can it be charged in Humboldt County?

Looks like they have loads of chargers up there per the PlugShare site. Probably powered by a bunch of dirty hippy stoners turning a dynamo when they take a break from banging their bongos on the street.
https://www.plugshare.com/

I am going to do my first mini-road trip in the Bolt this Friday and Saturday taking the family up to LA for site seeing. (kids have fucking 3 weeks off for Christmas break). I could probably make it up and back on a single charge, but I don't want to risk it with the extra weight in the car and assuming we will be tooling around the City a bit. I'm still uneasy watching the mileage bleed miles when I'm driving it aggressively or going fast on the freeway.

My plan is drive straight up to Hollywood Friday morning and park in the parking garage behind Mann's Chinese Theater that has a bunch of free chargers on the second floor. I'll park there for a few hours to top off while we cruise around the area checking out the sites and have lunch. That should be all I need to make it back home on Saturday.

Normally, I would spend over $40 in gas if we took the minivan.

The PlugShare app is pretty helpful. It tells you if the chargers are free or being used and has a bunch of pictures and comments so you can plan your route.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2019 6:16 pm 
Major
Major

SomeGuy wrote:
Foota wrote:

Nah - Colorado is just turning more Commie thanks to all of the California losers moving there and bringing their politics with them.

Besides, what else is there beyond Denver and the Front Range? Most of your population and commuters live there.

I would love to see how many miles I could regen coming down the mountain range on I-70 or highway 40.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2019 6:19 pm 
First Sergeant
First Sergeant

Hmm we've got Someguy an avatar...maybe Foota should make his a Bolt...a Bolt with a surfboard on it and MAGA bumper sticker...

almost there

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2019 6:37 pm 
Major
Major

I have a great Avatar. I worked very hard on it.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2019 12:48 am 
Lieutenant-Colonel
Lieutenant-Colonel

PBFMullethunter wrote:
SomeGuy wrote:
Foota wrote:

Who needs electricity when you have a crossbow and giant squirrel?

City cunts like Foota.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2019 1:06 am 
Lieutenant-Colonel
Lieutenant-Colonel

Foota wrote:
Besides, what else is there beyond Denver and the Front Range? Most of your population and commuters live there.

Spoken like a true city cunt. "Everything's in Denver why should I care?".

There are a great many things about Colorado you can find beyond the cities. Cities are all the same. Restaurant food, expensive lifestyles, pollution, crowds, crime, noise, closed in spaces, an air of artificiality at everything.

But Colorado beyond that? There are high mountains, open spaces, raw rugged countryside. There are chile farms, cattle ranches, trails of every stripe, lakes, rivers, trees, small towns filled with people with a greatly differing perspective of everything compared to city folk. There's skiing both courses and out in the wilderness, there's greatly changing wildlife depending where you are and unlike how city folk see them they are not all zoo animals or pests to be driven away.

A big city is a big city, go to one, you've pretty much seen them all in terms of concept. Most people who come to Colorado come here because we are NOT just another big city area. They come because we have more to offer than just that.

Have you ever been outside in a place where you're the only human for miles in any direction? I have. There's something strangely enjoyable about that. Maybe it's the genuine peace and quiet, maybe the sense of true independence and self-reliance however brief that experience may last, maybe it's something else instead. It's something you cannot find and cannot get in a city and there are plenty of places to find it in Colorado and none of them are near Denver.

City cunts like you find the concept of anything beyond the city completely foreign and incomprehensible.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2019 1:46 am 
Lieutenant-Colonel
Lieutenant-Colonel

SomeGuy wrote:
Foota wrote:

There are a great many things about Colorado you can find beyond the cities. Cities are all the same. Restaurant food, expensive lifestyles, pollution, crowds, crime, noise, closed in spaces, an air of artificiality at everything.

But Colorado beyond that? There are high mountains, open spaces, raw rugged countryside. There are chile farms, cattle ranches, trails of every stripe, lakes, rivers, trees, small towns filled with people with a greatly differing perspective of everything compared to city folk. There's skiing both courses and out in the wilderness, there's greatly changing wildlife depending where you are and unlike how city folk see them they are not all zoo animals or pests to be driven away.

A big city is a big city, go to one, you've pretty much seen them all in terms of concept. Most people who come to Colorado come here because we are NOT just another big city area. They come because we have more to offer than just that.

Have you ever been outside in a place where you're the only human for miles in any direction? I have. There's something strangely enjoyable about that. Maybe it's the genuine peace and quiet, maybe the sense of true independence and self-reliance however brief that experience may last, maybe it's something else instead. It's something you cannot find and cannot get in a city and there are plenty of places to find it in Colorado and none of them are near Denver.

City cunts like you find the concept of anything beyond the city completely foreign and incomprehensible.

Please elaborate.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2019 1:53 am 
Colonel
Colonel

PBFMullethunter wrote:
SomeGuy wrote:
Foota wrote:

Have you ever been outside in a place where you're the only human virgin for miles in any direction? I have. There's something strangely enjoyable about that. Maybe it's the genuine peace and quiet, maybe the sense of true independence and self-reliance however brief that experience may last, maybe it's something else instead. It's something you cannot find and cannot get in a city and there are plenty of places to find it in Colorado and none of them are near Denver.

Please elaborate.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2019 2:00 am 
Lieutenant-Colonel
Lieutenant-Colonel

PBFMullethunter wrote:
Please elaborate.

In what way?

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2019 2:06 am 
Colonel
Colonel

SomeGuy wrote:
PBFMullethunter wrote:
Please elaborate.

In what way?

Whoosh...

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2019 3:19 am 
Major
Major

SomeGuy wrote:
Foota wrote:

Dude - relax.

I know your State. I was skiing and biking in Colorado probably before you were even born. My brother lived there for 5 years, and I spent about 2 years off and on living there for work running projects in Fort Collins, Boulder, Denver, Montrose and a even did a 4 month stint in Pueblo. We spent every weekend in the mountains.

The front range and the mountains are great. But there is jack shit in terms of population east of the front range for hundreds of miles.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2019 4:41 am 
Lieutenant-Colonel
Lieutenant-Colonel

Foota wrote:
But there is jack shit in terms of population east of the front range for hundreds of miles.

That's why I say city cunt. Why is population so important above all else?

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2019 8:53 am 
Major General
Major General

Please raise your hand if you agree that Foota should be renamed 'City Cunt'

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2019 2:59 pm 
First Sergeant
First Sergeant

:-h

o:-)

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2019 6:23 pm 
Major
Major

SomeGuy wrote:
Foota wrote:
But there is jack shit in terms of population east of the front range for hundreds of miles.

What are we even talking about here?

I thought we were talking about where it makes sense to have EV cars?

With the current battery technology, range and charging infrastructure - it makes the most sense for car manufacturers to focus on selling EV cars in high population density areas (your Front Range) instead of small towns in the mountains where people might have commutes and driving needs longer than the 240 mile battery range.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2019 7:50 pm 
First Sergeant
First Sergeant

Fucking City Cunt...cuntying it up in the city.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2019 7:51 pm 
Major General
Major General

Foota wrote:
SomeGuy wrote:
Foota wrote:

What are we even talking about here?

I thought we were talking about where it makes sense to have EV cars?

With the current battery technology, range and charging infrastructure - it makes the most sense for car manufacturers to focus on selling EV cars in high population density areas (your Front Range) instead of small towns in the mountains where people might have commutes and driving needs longer than the 240 mile battery range.

This is just the sort of thing I'd expect to hear from a city cunt.

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 143 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next