It is currently Tue Nov 19, 2019 9:01 am

All times are UTC+01:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 901 posts ]  Go to page Previous 130 31 32 33 3437 Next
 Post subject: Re: Pollution
PostPosted: Sat Oct 19, 2019 11:23 pm 
Sergeant-Major
Sergeant-Major

The non-whites are more concerned about what is happening in the respect my authority thread. Worrying about the environment is for the privileged. Fuck.

belonged to someone yesterday
and will be someone else’s tomorrow

Change is the Law of The Universe

-------------------------------------------------

“A good traveler has no fixed plans, and is not intent on arriving.” – Lao Tzu

PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2019 7:17 pm 
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

PBFMullethunter wrote:

I read those kinda headlines I can't help thinking:

phpBB [video]

PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2019 7:41 pm 
Major General
Major General

Quote:
Green parties have made strong gains in Switzerland's parliamentary election, according to initial projections.

....projections show a combined vote for the two green parties of around 20%, which would make them major players in Swiss politics.

Their gains reflect voters' concerns over climate change, seen as the dominant issue in this election.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-50116400

PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2019 9:25 pm 
Sergeant-Major
Sergeant-Major

Seeing how political this has become... Can't help but wonder if this is a brilliant ploy by the right to further divide the left...

PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2019 11:37 pm 
Colonel
Colonel

tgrant wrote:
Seeing how political this has become... Can't help but wonder if this is a brilliant ploy by the right to further divide the left...

I honestly don’t know what people are thinking with all this intersectional racial transgender climate justice crap. A 100% guaranteed way to drive away normal people from the cause.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2019 12:00 am 
Sergeant First-Class
Sergeant First-Class

PBFMullethunter wrote:
tgrant wrote:

I honestly don’t know what people are thinking with all this intersectional racial transgender climate justice crap. A 100% guaranteed way to drive away normal people from the cause.

People seem to always find a way to turn something helpful into something else, and anger ensues... :-??

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2019 5:03 am 
Sergeant-Major
Sergeant-Major

Transclimatephobia is bigotry
All climates are beautiful
Quit being so intolerant

- Boris Johnson

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2019 6:50 am 
Colonel
Colonel

Simpleton thought processes REVEALED

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2019 2:40 pm 
Colonel
Colonel

PBFMullethunter wrote:
Simpleton thought processes REVEALED

She's got the right logic but Gods that English is atrocious.

I think it's safe to say first thing needing dealt with is the education system. A complete overhaul with probably nobody currently teaching remaining in the end.

PCNC and PBF live in death!

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2019 3:36 pm 
Holyman
Holyman

OCTOBER 18, 2019

Greta the Disturber

by DANIEL WARNER

Greta Thunberg has become an international figure. The sixteen-year-old Swedish environmental activist has gone from a lonely student skipping school on Fridays to protest for more action on global warming to being nominated for the 2019 Nobel Peace Prize. Greta has become a global player. The New York City Board of Education officially excused over one million students from school if they participated in a Manhattan climate change protest with her. Students from around the world have joined her Friday protests.

Who is Greta Thunberg? She is not a representative of a government, yet she addressed the United Nations Climate Change Conference in 2018 and the 2019 United Nations Action Summit. She is not a member of a non-governmental organization like Amnesty International, Human Rights Watch or the World Wildlife Fund, yet she won the Webby Social Movement of the Year award for 2019. She is not a powerful businessperson, yet she addressed the annual 2019 World Economic Forum in Davos with a stern warning about their responsibility for the future of the planet:

“I want you to panic. I want you to feel the fear I feel every day. And then I want you to act. I want you to act as you would in a crisis. I want you to act as if the house was on fire. Because it is,” the adolescent challenged the world’s business leaders, trying to get them to move beyond their money-oriented comfort zone.

Who is Greta Thunberg the Disturber? How has she been able, as an individual, to capture so much attention? International relations have traditionally been among states. The Preamble to the United Nations Charter begins with the ambiguous phrase: “We the Peoples of the United Nations…” The Charter was signed on June 26, 1945, in San Francisco by representatives of 50 of the original 51 member countries. The “We the Peoples” was originally supposed to be “The High Contracting Parties,” in other words, no peoples, just states. That is why the We the Peoples remains ambiguous. There has been little room for Peoples like Greta.

As opposed to a state-centric interpretation of We the Peoples, Richard Falk and Andrew Strauss have proposed a Global Peoples Assembly whose mission is “to establish a network of peoples of the world coming together with their developed personal and community expertise particularly that which is motivated towards rendering war obsolete, in order to offer global guidelines for humanity’s harmonious survival as custodian of the planet.” The legitimacy of that network/assembly has never been established and the proposal has gathered little traction.

Greta is an intriguing disturber to the traditional system. She has no official legitimacy. She is an individual, a Swedish teenager, who has been able to crystallize enormous attention and develop a considerable following. Never mind the conspiracy theories trying to cloud her sincerity. She has become the focal point of a movement. Time magazine named her one of the 100 most influential people of 2019.

Greta reflects her time. Like the Occupy Wall Street Movement, Yellow Vests in France or the example of workers organizing outside traditional unions such as Brandworkers that assists employees in the specialty food-making business, Greta is issue-specific with no organizational backing. She belongs to no organization, yet a multitude of organizations now use her as their model. She has been able to inspire institutional activities outside any formal structure.

A social media platform is all Greta and her followers need. Want to organize a march? Send out notices of time and place via the web. Need money for a worthy cause? Try crowdfunding; no need for endless bureaucratic meetings to determine who is in charge and who will do what. Got a good idea? Put it out there and see how many people agree and will work with you.

Beyond the media attention to Greta is a fundamental paradigm shift in activism. Outside the issue of climate change, beyond the written words like Naomi Klein’s This Changes Everything: Capitalism vs. the Climate or Richard Falk’s This Endangered Planet, the sixteen-year-old has had a global reach through media technology. We see her performances on television, we follow her on social media. No more is needed.

How did Joan of Arc communicate with the French people? How was Attila the Hun able to command so many troops over such a large area? Neither of them had access to the tools we have at our disposal today. Greta has them all and uses them, or the people interested in her cause use them for her. Whatever the means, the message is clear, and a sixteen-year-old with fervent convictions has had a global impact that governments, non-governmental organizations and other legitimate institutions have been unable to capture.

That is why Greta Thunberg is such a disturber.

"“A rising share of the goods that make today’s capitalist economies grow would not sell if people dreamed other dreams than they do—which makes understanding, developing and controlling their dreams a fundamental concern of political economy in advanced-capitalist society.”" - Wolfgang Streeck

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2019 5:21 pm 
Major
Major

Think people are getting tired of being "disturbed" by mentally disturbed people.

Even the nutty Lefties in San Francisco are getting tired of it.
phpBB [video]

Long Beach
phpBB [video]

London
phpBB [video]

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2019 8:23 pm 
Holyman
Holyman

A typically mean-spirited response Foota.

:|

"“A rising share of the goods that make today’s capitalist economies grow would not sell if people dreamed other dreams than they do—which makes understanding, developing and controlling their dreams a fundamental concern of political economy in advanced-capitalist society.”" - Wolfgang Streeck

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2019 8:35 pm 
Major
Major

Holyman wrote:
A typically mean-spirited response Foota.

Then please stop scaring little children and using them as spokespeople (and shields) for your doomsday cult.

I really feel sorry for these people. They have been brainwashed to believe that the world is going to end in their lifetimes and that they have no future.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2019 8:47 pm 
Holyman
Holyman

Yeah, it's not great, I know. Still needs a little work.

Have to say though, the "Kids" are responding positively and constructively to this particular message of Fear.

The one that goes "Get a job and pay your own way, or face the consequences. No-one else will or should help you.", hasn't exactly yielded the promised Protestant Utopia, has it?

Besides, you're out-of-touch as usual.

The whole *POINT* of the "Greta" phenomenon, is that it's the kids who are screaming and shouting at insufficiently panicking adults.

It's not the adults trying to frighten the kids Foota: it's the other way around.

You twerp.

>&8~

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2019 9:19 pm 
Major
Major

Holyman wrote:

It's not the adults trying to frighten the kids Foota: it's the other way around.

You twerp.

>&8~

Twerp? Now who is being mean-spirited? : )

There is a reason why we don't let the young and stupid vote...........because they are still young and stupid not having finished basic high school or even left their parent's house to live on their own.

Their brains haven't even finished developing yet. WTF do they know?

These kids are being cynically used and being emotionally scarred by the Climate Cult.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2019 9:25 pm 
Colonel
Colonel

CLIMATE FIGHT!!!!

>0:0<

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2019 9:27 pm 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Foota wrote:
Holyman wrote:

You twerp.

>&8~

Twerp? Now who is being mean-spirited? : )

There is a reason why we don't let the young and stupid vote...........because they are still young and stupid not having finished basic high school or even left their parent's house to live on their own.

Their brains haven't even finished developing yet. WTF do they know?

These kids are being cynically used and being emotionally scarred by the Climate Cult.

It's you anti climates twerps that are a cult..trying to convince idiots everything is ok nothing to see here move along..

Fuck

Off.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2019 9:34 pm 
Sergeant First-Class
Sergeant First-Class

*Paddle slapping bare ass* Behave boyz!! p@:>

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2019 9:34 pm 
Major
Major

barcelona wrote:

It's you anti climates twerps that are a cult..trying to convince idiots everything is ok nothing to see here move along..

Fuck

Off.

No - we are the only one's being honest and explaining the ROI and Cost Benefit Analysis to this problem. I don't deny that human activity is warming the planet.

The Climate Cult is using children and histrionics like the Extinction Rebellion and making false claims that we are going to go extinct in a single generation if we don't give them total power to remake society.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2019 9:37 pm 
Holyman
Holyman

Cults are generally characterised by a certain detachment from Reason.

One side of the Climate Debate has virtually all of Earth's Scientists on it; the other side has virtually all of Earth's politicians on it.

Which side is more likely to become a Cult, if not one already?

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2019 9:53 pm 
Holyman
Holyman

Foota wrote:
[No - we are the only one's being honest and explaining the ROI and Cost Benefit Analysis to this problem. I don't deny that human activity is warming the planet.

The Climate Cult is using children and histrionics like the Extinction Rebellion and making false claims that we are going to go extinct in a single generation if we don't give them total power to remake society.

That sounds to me like your only opposition is Economic.

You don't deny that human activity is warming the Planet; you just think that the proposals to deal with the situation will be disastrous to the Gliobal Economy.

I mean, that is your position, and has been all along. You think that it would be too expensive and too financially damaging to significantly "Change Our Ways"?

Aside from the manner in which Climate Activists are conducting their activism, you don't mention any other objections. Just that it would be a financial catastrophe to do what climate scientists are urging; and not do what fossil-fuel corporations are urging.

Right?

But here's the thing Foota:

I've worked in the Global Banking Sector for 25 years; with Central Government for a decade; and even you must acknowledge that I'm unlikely ever to be the dumbest guy in the room.

Right?

So when I tell you that you have it back-to-front, that every Economic forecast clearly indicates the complete opposite of what you are saying about the costs to the Human Economy...

Why won't you believe me?

:-??

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2019 10:37 pm 
Major
Major

Holyman wrote:

Aside from the manner in which Climate Activists are conducting their activism, you don't mention any other objections. Just that it would be a financial catastrophe to do what climate scientists are urging; and not do what fossil-fuel corporations are urging.

Right?

No - I am saying it would be a total HUMAN CATASTROPHE. We are talking the starvation and deaths of millions of people, most of which are the most vulnerable and poor on the planet. We will be facing wars over resources and the oil producing countries in the Middle East and Russia will totally implode causing a refugee crisis this planet has never seen.

How can you deny this knowing that there is no technological means to replace fossil fuels (and nukes) in the time frame demanded by Climate extremists?

Holyman wrote:
So when I tell you that you have it back-to-front, that every Economic forecast clearly indicates the complete opposite of what you are saying about the costs to the Human Economy...

Why won't you believe me?

:-??

Because just a few days ago you seemed to really believe we were going to go extinct in one generation.

BTW - are these the same banker friends that missed the housing bubble? Are these the same banker friends that missed the 2008 recession?

What are the bankers saying about Germany these days? Rich Germans can afford massive increases to the cost of power for a little while, not so much if you live in China or India. And Germany hasn't even gotten to the hard and expensive part of their transition and their carbon reduction goals are very modest compared to what the Extinction Rebellion extremists are demanding.

I suspect alot of bankers see some grift and rent-seeking opportunities if governments around the world start forcing the shut down of nuke and gas powerplants in exchange for tax subsidized renewables.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2019 11:20 pm 
Sergeant First-Class
Sergeant First-Class

>*^*<

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2019 12:07 am 
Sergeant-Major
Sergeant-Major

Foota wrote:

BTW - are these the same banker friends that missed the housing bubble? Are these the same banker friends that missed the 2008 recession?

tgrant wrote:
Holyman wrote:
Not only are the negative effects of Anthropogenic Climate Change now being heavily felt by Humanity; it is also the case that the Finance Sector (and all business sectors dependent on the Finance Sector...) has fully accepted the science, and is rapidly recalibrating accordingly.

Financial Markets from the Bond Sector downwards currently estimate the necessary "Green" Economy will be 7 to 8 times larger than the current Global Economy.

So...these are the guys that caused the financial collapse right? Same guys who stuck their noses in reports and never bothered to actually go see what they were investing in? Same guys you always bang on about being corrupt as fuck? The entire system of "experts" were holding up a completely and utterly corrupt system that almost destroyed itself. Probably over 98% of them bought into the belief that they were buying worthwhile investments...weren't the 2% right in that case? ...I'm basing a lot of this on The Big Short (I think you recommended that movie)...

Not even a endnote or Footanote

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2019 12:20 am 
Sergeant-Major
Sergeant-Major

It is amazing to see so much passion about this. Passion > Indifference any day.

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 901 posts ]  Go to page Previous 130 31 32 33 3437 Next