It is currently Thu Feb 20, 2020 5:35 am

All times are UTC+01:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 1115 posts ]  Go to page Previous 141 42 43 44 45 Next
 Post subject: Re: Pollution
PostPosted: Sun Jan 26, 2020 4:01 pm 
Colonel
Colonel

Holyman wrote:
Try not to bring any trash with you either.

Then you'll really be ahead of the Curve.

:-bd

Kinda hard to do on day hikes where I pack a lunch. And I can't live off the land most of the year, it's either not the right hunting season or the plant life just doesn't have anything worth going for much. This time of year, there's not much in the way of critters to eat nor any plant foods.

PCNC and PBF live in death!

PostPosted: Sun Jan 26, 2020 4:05 pm 
Colonel
Colonel

DEANNA79 wrote:
when one decides to criminalize and belittle those around them

Welcome to modern leftism and modern environmentalism. No dissent allowed, no alternatives allowed, no discourse or debate allowed, you do as you're told, think as you're told, believe as you're told and blindly follow the dogma even more piously than any religion or rather any other religion than the religions of leftism/environmentalism.

To be otherwise in any way is to be a criminal and heretic in their eyes only worthy of censorship, scorn and violence.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 26, 2020 6:06 pm 
Holyman
Holyman

DEANNA79 wrote:
We all have our thing, the only time it becomes a problem is when one decides to criminalize and belittle those around them to the point that anger and harming their fellow human being over topics such as this becomes the norm.

This is such a crucial point.

And in my experience, militant vegans have as much trouble grasping it, as the rest of us have with the idea of a vegan diet.

If the idea is to save the Planet from the worst aspects of industrialised meat production, then belittling others who have yet to understand and accept that idea, is hardly going to be productive.

If we get to the point where people will only do the right thing because of fear of punishment, belittlement or boredom, then why bother?

This only works with Free Will.

:-??

"We are moving into an era where authority cannot be the Truth.

Only the Truth shall be the Authority in coming times, as the sanctity of all authorities will be questioned."
- Sadhguru

PostPosted: Sun Jan 26, 2020 6:08 pm 
Lieutenant-Colonel
Lieutenant-Colonel

Holyman wrote:

Most effective way to achieve that is just to encourage people to cut down on their meat intake.

Any Absolutist approach will always be rejected.

>*^*<

Totally agree.

This thinking needs to be applied to the Climate Change advocates too.

Something the young Gretas of the world should consider as they scold the rest of us to magically totally divest from carbon energy in 10 years.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2020 2:27 pm 
Sergeant-Major
Sergeant-Major

I don't eat that much meat...no more than a handful a day. Usually less. Of that almost no beef...I do a prime rib twice a year and that is probably 90% of my cow intake. The other 10% being wagyu...you can't feel any kind of moral dilemma about eating those cows...they drink beer and get massages every day.

belonged to someone yesterday
and will be someone else’s tomorrow

Change is the Law of The Universe

-------------------------------------------------

“A good traveler has no fixed plans, and is not intent on arriving.” – Lao Tzu

PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2020 10:07 pm 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

SomeGuy wrote:
DEANNA79 wrote:

Welcome to modern leftism and modern environmentalism. No dissent allowed, no alternatives allowed, no discourse or debate allowed, you do as you're told, think as you're told, believe as you're told and blindly follow the dogma even more piously than any religion or rather any other religion than the religions of leftism/environmentalism.

To be otherwise in any way is to be a criminal and heretic in their eyes only worthy of censorship, scorn and violence.

We want to help and heal the world you oaf... All you right wingers care about it fucking money. Fuck the planet, fuck free health care....

PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2020 10:29 pm 
Major General
Major General

barcelona wrote:
SomeGuy wrote:
DEANNA79 wrote:

We want to help and heal the world you oaf... All you right wingers care about it fucking money. Fuck the planet, fuck free health care....

I wouldn't call SG 'right-wing' personally.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2020 10:53 pm 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Slacks wrote:
barcelona wrote:
SomeGuy wrote:

I wouldn't call SG 'right-wing' personally.

He still stands for a lot of things I disagree with. Not as much as Foota granted.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2020 11:34 pm 
Lieutenant-Colonel
Lieutenant-Colonel

barcelona wrote:

We want to help and heal the world you oaf...

Sure you do.

How much carbon are you burning with your at home grow operation?

PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2020 11:35 pm 
Lieutenant-Colonel
Lieutenant-Colonel

PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2020 12:08 am 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Foota wrote:
barcelona wrote:

Sure you do.

Probably not as much as you think. I sell weed then contribute more to my local economy.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2020 12:28 am 
Lieutenant-Colonel
Lieutenant-Colonel

barcelona wrote:
Foota wrote:
barcelona wrote:

Sure you do.

Probably not as much as you think. I sell weed then contribute more to my local economy.

So - "you just care about the fucking money"?

PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2020 1:03 am 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Foota wrote:
barcelona wrote:
Foota wrote:

Sure you do.

So - "you just care about the fucking money"?

I care about the quality of my product and don't over charge my customer. I'm not greedy.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2020 1:12 am 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Surprised you haven't made a post today considering its holocaust Remembrance Day Oy vay.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2020 4:15 am 
Colonel
Colonel

barcelona wrote:
SomeGuy wrote:
DEANNA79 wrote:

Thank you for proving my point.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2020 4:20 am 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

SomeGuy wrote:
barcelona wrote:
SomeGuy wrote:

How do?

PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2020 10:43 am 
Sergeant First-Class
Sergeant First-Class

How did our pollution thread get political ffs?

PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2020 11:33 am 
Holyman
Holyman

Foota wrote:
Holyman wrote:
Most effective way to achieve that is just to encourage people to cut down on their meat intake.

Totally agree.

Something the young Gretas of the world should consider as they scold the rest of us to magically totally divest from carbon energy in 10 years.

You know how you believe that the Muslamics are an existential threat to the American Way of Life?

And you know how when you try and substantiate your fears, with all sorts of selective evidence and hysterical assertions, how most people just laugh at you?

Well, the way that makes you feel, is the way Climate Change activists feel when people laugh at them and dismiss their concerns.

The parallel is exact.

Forget what you understand/believe about the Climate and its future prospects, just consider what they believe. That the World is coming to an end, and nobody is doing anything about it.

Imagine if you believed as strongly in the Muslamicalypse as Greta believes Humanity is facing a Climate Apocalypse.

And now imagine that despite everything you and a small number of committed activists have to say about the Islamic threat, that politicians and business leaders just ignored you, and did nothing to address the Muslamic threat. That in fact, they observably do things to increase the threat of Islamist violence.

How would you feel?

And how would you try and persuade others of your beliefs, when those others just dismiss your concerns out of hand?

Would you do it patiently, tolerantly, with humility? Would you try and persuade on the basis that you might be wrong, but think you are probably right? Always open to the possibility that you could learn something from those who do not see the “Islamic Threat” in the same panic-inducing way that you do?

This isn’t about whether the Climate Change Activists or Islamophobes are “right” to be afraid.

This is about why some people who think the Sky is Falling and nobody else sees the danger, talk in such absolutist, almost panic-stricken ways.

It’s worth bearing in mind when you’re trying to figure out why a 17-year old Climate Activist is talking as fiercely as you talk about the threat posed to Humanity by Muslims (in general).

In my Experience, if I feel somebody needs to cut me some slack, I try cutting them some slack first.

"We are moving into an era where authority cannot be the Truth.

Only the Truth shall be the Authority in coming times, as the sanctity of all authorities will be questioned."
- Sadhguru

PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2020 11:38 am 
Sergeant First-Class
Sergeant First-Class

Holyman wrote:
Foota wrote:
Holyman wrote:

Totally agree.

You know how you believe that the Muslamics are an existential threat to the American Way of Life?

And you know how when you try and substantiate your fears, with all sorts of selective evidence and hysterical assertions, how most people just laugh at you?

Well, the way that makes you feel, is the way Climate Change activists feel when people laugh at them and dismiss their concerns.

The parallel is exact.

Forget what you understand/believe about the Climate and its future prospects, just consider what they believe. That the World is coming to an end, and nobody is doing anything about it.

Imagine if you believed as strongly in the Muslamicalypse as Greta believes Humanity is facing a Climate Apocalypse.

And now imagine that despite everything you and a small number of committed activists have to say about the Islamic threat, that politicians and business leaders just ignored you, and did nothing to address the Muslamic threat. That in fact, they observably do things to increase the threat of Islamist violence.

How would you feel?

And how would you try and persuade others of your beliefs, when those others just dismiss your concerns out of hand?

Would you do it patiently, tolerantly, with humility? Would you try and persuade on the basis that you might be wrong, but think you are probably right? Always open to the possibility that you could learn something from those who do not see the “Islamic Threat” in the same panic-inducing way that you do?

This isn’t about whether the Climate Change Activists or Islamophobes are “right” to be afraid.

This is about why some people who think the Sky is Falling and nobody else sees the danger, talk in such absolutist, almost panic-stricken ways.

It’s worth bearing in mind when you’re trying to figure out why a 17-year old Climate Activist is talking as fiercely as you talk about the threat posed to Humanity by Muslims (in general).

In my Experience, if I feel somebody needs to cut me some slack, I try cutting them some slack first.

Holyman gets it... >:D<

PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2020 11:46 am 
Sergeant First-Class
Sergeant First-Class

I am sorry but I am a little emotionally right now... :(

PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2020 11:53 am 
Major General
Major General

Holyman wrote:

Oi!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2020 2:54 pm 
Colonel
Colonel

barcelona wrote:
SomeGuy wrote:
barcelona wrote:

How do?

First off you immediately dive into ad hominems with the "oaf" remarks. Then you automatically assume that I care more about money above anything and everything else. That I disagree with modern leftism/environmentalism on the basis that I'm some kind of Captain Planet supervillain or John D Rockefeller wannabe as opposed to I'd rather pursue different avenues such as solving the environmental issue through engineering, not emotions or emotional appeals.

Just by your reaction, you just proved there no such thing as dissent or alternatives allowed on "your" side. That any and all differences are to be met with hostility.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2020 2:55 pm 
Colonel
Colonel

DEANNA79 wrote:

That's the nature of the beast. You're not going to solve pollution without entangling politics into it.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2020 5:54 pm 
Sergeant First-Class
Sergeant First-Class

SomeGuy wrote:
DEANNA79 wrote:

That's the nature of the beast. You're not going to solve pollution without entangling politics into it.

You men have fun with that then... You all know where I stand on the topic... Pollution bad...fighting doesn't help but carry on... No birthdays.. Love you men.. *hug*

PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2020 6:11 pm 
Lieutenant-Colonel
Lieutenant-Colonel

Holyman wrote:
Foota wrote:
Holyman wrote:

Totally agree.

Man - you are really reaching here. Better to stick to your more sensible Vegan comment.

But I will bite.

I think extremist Muslims are a threat that can be managed without turning the world upside down.

I don't think we need to "ban Islam" or capture/incarcerate every Muslim. I don't think we need to bomb and invade every Muslim nation as that would be far too severe, extreme and unfair of a remedy for the problem facing the West.

What the Global Warming hysterics are proposing would be more severe and painful to the majority of humanity than what I listed above. Especially for the Muslim/Arab world who's entire economy is based on fossil fuels.

Most people laugh at the Global Climate hysterics like Greta because she is proposing a Draconian, extreme and unfair remedy that will be more painful to humanity than the problem.

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 1115 posts ]  Go to page Previous 141 42 43 44 45 Next