It is currently Mon Jun 17, 2019 6:38 pm

All times are UTC+01:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 228 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 510 Next
PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2018 8:07 pm 
Lieutenant-Colonel
Lieutenant-Colonel

So whats the prognosis/plan for the BP Slacks?

Dumping fat is numero uno, and just an obvious one for accross the board health. you don't take me as a fat bastard though.

Lower body continuous exercise will lower it there and then, and lead to proper adaptations. Kinda out the window for a bit though eh? Could you kick with a float in the pool?

Upper body exercise isn't good for blood pressure (if its proper problems - fucked if i'm putting a GP referral client under a barbell.....), but I doubt any exercise is off limits for you (apart from the knee thing). There are these upper body paddle things in my gyms, its like a bike for your arms, bit of a dull session though. Would be good if you could canoe, bit of an effort though, but just 10 quid an hour in Brighton, 5 quid if you know me.

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2018 8:10 pm 
Lieutenant-Colonel
Lieutenant-Colonel

Blah blah, thinking aloud.

What exercise do you realistically think you could be doing?
I can dream up loads of stuff to do in the house or anywhere, link to vids etc. At a bit of a loss for the good stuff that wil drop blood pressure, as it should be continuous CV stuff, and the knee kinda scuppers that unless you got some real motivation.

If the doc suggests pills, take em, anything to drop that shit until you find a better way....

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2018 8:20 pm 
Major General
Major General

My BP was fine when I was 18lbs lighter, so a few weeks diet and no drinking will sort me. I've got a health assessment for my life insurance 2 weeks tomorrow so I'm front loading the diet a bit.

Thinking back when my BP was taken on Monday it had been an indulgent weekend on the booze front and I suspect my body was still dealing with that, which wouldn't have helped.

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2018 8:22 pm 
Major
Major

Wunderschlung wrote:

If you can get up on a surfboard then i'd say your core is in great shape, unstable surface and all that. What I was suggesting is, when you do your planks or whatever else, add a few more core exercises. So 8 mins on core rather than just a 2 min plank.

https://breakingmuscle.com/fitness/the- ... -your-core

Simple bits to add in, 5 mins tops. I'm a fan of the log roll, I use it as a warm up in my classes, simple, people dig it.

I had a 4 minute plank routine I was doing a few months ago that does 30, 30, 60, 30, 60, 30 seconds in various positions........planks on hands, forearms, one leg lifted, and then on one arm with the other raised sideways. But I have never done the types in your video where you are elevated.

It definitely helped tighten up my obliques. Even Mrs. Foota noticed it complaining she didn't have her love handles to hang on to during sex. My wet suit fits better too! My shoulders and chest get a workout too.

Watching the timer on my phone is murder though.........time goes so slow in the plank position.

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2018 8:26 pm 
Lieutenant-Colonel
Lieutenant-Colonel

Foota wrote:

I had a 4 minute plank routine I was doing a few months ago that does 30, 30, 60, 30, 60, 30 seconds in various positions........planks on hands, forearms, one leg lifted, and then on one arm with the other raised sideways.

Ding. That was the kinda thing. Stretch it out a bit, cover a few more bases.

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2018 8:37 pm 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Slacks also could do with taking up swimming.. I know he doesn't want to do it but I think it could help him.

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2018 8:40 pm 
Major General
Major General

barcelona wrote:
Slacks also could do with taking up swimming.. I know he doesn't want to do it but I think it could help him.

I like swimming, my knee doesn't. Could try it with just my arms I guess and get some floats attached to my legs.

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2018 8:49 pm 
Lieutenant-Colonel
Lieutenant-Colonel

OOOOOOOHHHH!!!

Pull buoy!!

phpBB [video]

Good drill for blokes, as blokes tend to sag in the middle. This aint a weird thing Slacks, I use one every session. You could use one for the entire session.

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2018 8:52 pm 
Major General
Major General

Wunderschlung wrote:
OOOOOOOHHHH!!!

Pull buoy!!

phpBB [video]

Good drill for blokes, as blokes tend to sag in the middle. This aint a weird thing Slacks, I use one every session. You could use one for the entire session.

Ah cool. Unleashing some exercise could be as easy as getting one of these then.

:-bd

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2018 9:03 pm 
Lieutenant-Colonel
Lieutenant-Colonel

Well, its a continuous exercise you like, whilst removing the legs for the most part. As the video says, its about improving your arm stroke. Swimming is complex so isolating areas helps teach bit by bit - hence kicking with a float. So drills with a pull buoy are a standard part of most swim workouts, but for you, it can work purely to enable you to swim, winner! Could link you to some drills you can do to break up the session into some interesting beneficial bits.

Also, since you would be going to the centre, you could use some of their gym stuff before you swim.

Splish splish bish.

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2018 9:07 pm 
Major General
Major General

Wunderschlung wrote:
Well, its a continuous exercise you like, whilst removing the legs for the most part. As the video says, its about improving your arm stroke. Swimming is complex so isolating areas helps teach bit by bit - hence kicking with a float. So drills with a pull buoy are a standard part of most swim workouts, but for you, it can work purely to enable you to swim, winner! Could link you to some drills you can do to break up the session into some interesting beneficial bits.

Also, since you would be going to the centre, you could use some of their gym stuff before you swim.

Splish splish bish.

Sounds good. Best not work the upper bod too hard, else I look like one of those guys that skipped leg day

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2018 11:44 pm 
Lieutenant-Colonel
Lieutenant-Colonel

Any prolonged exercise helps Slacks, even working out with hand weights. Walking is fine once your knee is better.

You can pick up automatic sphygmomonometers pretty cheaply at chemist warehouses or online. I got mine for $130 and my private health insurance paid back 90% of the bill. But even the base price Omron will do, and is just as accurate.

Also don't forget 4-7-8 breathing to control blood pressure...it really works. Especially before you take a BP test.

If you need meds to to lower BP then take them until things come down. You'll just piss a hell of a lot.

http://www.fitmetrix.io/blog/2017/08/06/breathing-exercises-to-control-high-blood-pressure/

https://coach.nine.com.au/2017/02/02/09/28/4-7-8-breathing

phpBB [video]

phpBB [video]

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2018 3:05 pm 
Lieutenant-Colonel
Lieutenant-Colonel

Latest BP readings after five minutes of total rest sitting upright and doing 4-7-8 breathing four times a day. Plus two 30 minutes brisk walks, morning and night. Taken a few minutes apart.

Edit: Compare these to my readings on page one. Calming down works.

103 80
107 79
106 79
99 71
99 73

Last edited by El Sid on Sat May 05, 2018 3:36 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2018 3:07 pm 
Lieutenant-Colonel
Lieutenant-Colonel

Mine is zero. Is that normal?

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2018 3:14 pm 
Lieutenant-Colonel
Lieutenant-Colonel

PBFMullethunter wrote:
Mine is zero. Is that normal?

For a zombie, yes.

Btw, I have a cricket bat.

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2018 3:36 pm 
Major General
Major General

El Sid wrote:
Latest BP readings after five minutes of total rest sitting upright and doing 4-7-8 breathing four times a day. Plus two 30 minutes brisk walks, morning and night. Taken a few minutes apart.

103 80 - Normal
107 79 - Fapping over SomeGuy's mom
106 79 - Still fapping
99 71 - A few minutes after fapping
99 73 - Libido starting to return, slowly

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2018 3:48 pm 
Lieutenant-Colonel
Lieutenant-Colonel

Slacks wrote:
El Sid wrote:

103 80 - Normal
107 79 - Fapping over SomeGuy's mom
106 79 - Still fapping
99 71 - A few minutes after fapping
99 73 - Libido starting to return, slowly

Haxing my phone camera only shows my sweaty face. Not your naked mom on the screen.

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2018 5:18 pm 
Major General
Major General

Four days of no drinking and dieting has helped. Down from 171/107 to 134/94. According to this chart that's still just about in the 'High Blood Pressure' zone but it's still a decent improvement.

I'm having a physical in just under 2 weeks for life insurance, so I need to be pretty focused and get this down as quickly and safely as possible.

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2018 11:23 pm 
Lieutenant-Colonel
Lieutenant-Colonel

Slacks wrote:
Four days of no drinking and dieting has helped. Down from 171/107 to 134/94...that's still just about in the 'High Blood Pressure' zone but it's still a decent improvement.

I'm having a physical in just under 2 weeks for life insurance, so I need to be pretty focused and get this down as quickly and safely as possible.

That's really good Slacks. Well done, matey. :-bd

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2018 8:22 am 
Holyman
Holyman

Slacks wrote:

During my multiple rounds of losing weight (I usually manage to find it again, hence: multiple...), I have the most success when I'm checking my weight daily and having to report it to someone else (doctor, acupunturist, Holywoman &c.).

For the next two weeks Slacks, weigh yourself every morning and put the reading in this thread.

See if that helps.

:-bd

"To be hopeful in bad times is not just foolishly romantic. It is based on the fact that human history is a history not only of cruelty, but also of compassion, sacrifice, courage, kindness. What we choose to emphasize in this complex history will determine our lives. If we see only the worst, it destroys our capacity to do something. If we remember those times and places—and there are so many—where people have behaved magnificently, this gives us the energy to act, and at least the possibility of sending this spinning top of a world in a different direction. And if we do act, in however small a way, we don’t have to wait for some grand utopian future. The future is an infinite succession of presents, and to live now as we think human beings should live, in defiance of all that is bad around us, is itself a marvellous victory." - Howard Zinn

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2018 9:16 am 
Major General
Major General

Sounds like a plan. I was 15st 11lbs (just over 100kg) on Monday, and after weighing myself this morning I've lost 1lb. Not stellar but at least it's going down. And that was my pre-shit weight too

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2018 9:53 am 
Holyman
Holyman

Doesn't matter how big or small the step is: so long as it is in the right direction!

=D>

"To be hopeful in bad times is not just foolishly romantic. It is based on the fact that human history is a history not only of cruelty, but also of compassion, sacrifice, courage, kindness. What we choose to emphasize in this complex history will determine our lives. If we see only the worst, it destroys our capacity to do something. If we remember those times and places—and there are so many—where people have behaved magnificently, this gives us the energy to act, and at least the possibility of sending this spinning top of a world in a different direction. And if we do act, in however small a way, we don’t have to wait for some grand utopian future. The future is an infinite succession of presents, and to live now as we think human beings should live, in defiance of all that is bad around us, is itself a marvellous victory." - Howard Zinn

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2018 10:29 am 
Lieutenant-Colonel
Lieutenant-Colonel

Slacks wrote:
Sounds like a plan. I was 15st 11lbs (just over 100kg) on Monday, and after weighing myself this morning I've lost 1lb. Not stellar but at least it's going down. And that was my pre-shit weight too

A shit would have dropped it by a kilo at least. :P

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2018 12:23 pm 
Major General
Major General

In b4 'full of shit' joke

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2018 1:54 pm 
Lieutenant-Colonel
Lieutenant-Colonel

Slacks wrote:
In b4 'full of shit' joke

What happens when Slacks flushes the toilet...

phpBB [video]

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 228 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 510 Next