It is currently Tue Nov 19, 2019 8:28 am

All times are UTC+01:00




Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 250 posts ]  Go to page Previous 15 6 7 8 9 10 Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Foota doodles
PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2019 4:53 pm 
Offline
Major
Major
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jun 01, 2006 3:40 pm
Posts: 17494
PBFMullethunter wrote:
tgrant wrote:
Amazing shit man.

I've been struggling a bit with my boys. They're totally addicted to video games.



Yeah there’s no easy solution to that one. Especially when that’s all their friends are doing.

I predict the next generation (when they become parents) will recognize it as being as bad as heroin and make it an 18+ activity, because that is what needs to happen.


Tell me about it. My boy is totally addicted to Roblox. Taking away their electronics is the death penalty of punishments. I never have to beat my kids, just the threat of taking their tablets away keeps them in line. Both my kids are being punished this long 3 day Memorial Day weekend only allowed 1 hour of electronics the whole day. My boy is breaking it up into 15 minute segments trying to spread it out.

That said, every time we take their electronics away, they go out and play and get along great doing creative stuff. I don't know why we don't do it more often.


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: Foota doodles
PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2019 5:02 pm 
Offline
Major
Major
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jun 01, 2006 3:40 pm
Posts: 17494
tgrant wrote:
They've been watching tons of "how to draw..." videos. How to draw cats, airplanes, Lamborghini's, Tesla's, etc. People get like millions of people watching them draw something in order to learn how. Crazy fucking world.




My daughter is the one that got me drawing about 2 years ago by showing me some drawing videos on Youtube. They have been very helpful.

I just stumbled on this one yesterday. Really helpful technique. Check out the 10 minute mark. I can't hold a candle to this guy's detail work.

phpBB [video]


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: Foota doodles
PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2019 6:13 pm 
Offline
Sergeant-Major
Sergeant-Major
User avatar

Joined: Thu May 13, 2004 12:00 pm
Posts: 7096
Location: Close to where I want to be
Foota wrote:
PBFMullethunter wrote:
tgrant wrote:
Amazing shit man.

I've been struggling a bit with my boys. They're totally addicted to video games.



Yeah there’s no easy solution to that one. Especially when that’s all their friends are doing.

I predict the next generation (when they become parents) will recognize it as being as bad as heroin and make it an 18+ activity, because that is what needs to happen.


Tell me about it. My boy is totally addicted to Roblox. Taking away their electronics is the death penalty of punishments. I never have to beat my kids, just the threat of taking their tablets away keeps them in line. Both my kids are being punished this long 3 day Memorial Day weekend only allowed 1 hour of electronics the whole day. My boy is breaking it up into 15 minute segments trying to spread it out.

That said, every time we take their electronics away, they go out and play and get along great doing creative stuff. I don't know why we don't do it more often.



Yep, I'm in the exact same shoes. Fucking Roblox. Started with some hide and seek game. It was fun as fuck and harmless enough...then comes obby's and phantom forces and zombie shit...yeah...I've pulled the plug on roblox for the past week...and yes they go right back to normal. We were out driving golf balls and playing baseball in the park yesterday....

Thanks for that link I will definitely be showing it to them tonight. O{DC}O

_________________
What you have taken, Has been from here
What you gave has been given here
What belongs to you today
belonged to someone yesterday
and will be someone else’s tomorrow

Change is the Law of The Universe

-------------------------------------------------

“A good traveler has no fixed plans, and is not intent on arriving.” – Lao Tzu


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: Foota doodles
PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2019 6:38 pm 
Offline
Major General
Major General
User avatar

Joined: Fri Oct 01, 2004 12:00 pm
Posts: 34139
Maybe you guys are just terrible parents?


I jest :D Got all this to look forward in a few years. My 5 year daughter old is a dab hand at tablets and plays educational games. I am not looking forward to social media in particular.

_________________
Norks


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: Foota doodles
PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2019 9:18 pm 
Offline
Brigadier General
Brigadier General
User avatar

Joined: Mon Mar 01, 2004 9:42 am
Posts: 26404
If you've got a gallery nearby why not show your drawings? You might even sell a few.......

_________________
Empir immoto


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: Foota doodles
PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2019 9:27 pm 
Offline
Colonel
Colonel
User avatar

Joined: Sat Mar 01, 2003 12:00 pm
Posts: 20605
Location: teh internet
Slacks wrote:
Maybe you guys are just terrible parents?


I jest :D Got all this to look forward in a few years. My 5 year daughter old is a dab hand at tablets and plays educational games. I am not looking forward to social media in particular.


The 4am awakenings to massive weed stench are the best part of having teens.


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: Foota doodles
PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2019 9:50 pm 
Offline
Brigadier General
Brigadier General
User avatar

Joined: Mon Mar 01, 2004 9:42 am
Posts: 26404
PBFMullethunter wrote:
Slacks wrote:
Maybe you guys are just terrible parents?


I jest :D Got all this to look forward in a few years. My 5 year daughter old is a dab hand at tablets and plays educational games. I am not looking forward to social media in particular.


The 4am awakenings to massive weed stench are the best part of having teens.



Is the stench from you or the teens?

_________________
Empir immoto


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: Foota doodles
PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2019 10:04 pm 
Offline
Colonel
Colonel
User avatar

Joined: Sat Mar 01, 2003 12:00 pm
Posts: 20605
Location: teh internet
barcelona wrote:
PBFMullethunter wrote:
Slacks wrote:
Maybe you guys are just terrible parents?


I jest :D Got all this to look forward in a few years. My 5 year daughter old is a dab hand at tablets and plays educational games. I am not looking forward to social media in particular.


The 4am awakenings to massive weed stench are the best part of having teens.



Is the stench from you or the teens?


As if I would stay up that late.


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: Foota doodles
PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2019 10:26 pm 
Offline
Brigadier General
Brigadier General
User avatar

Joined: Mon Mar 01, 2004 9:42 am
Posts: 26404
PBFMullethunter wrote:
barcelona wrote:
PBFMullethunter wrote:

The 4am awakenings to massive weed stench are the best part of having teens.



Is the stench from you or the teens?


As if I would stay up that late.



You don't mind your teens smoking ganja?

_________________
Empir immoto


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: Foota doodles
PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2019 11:19 pm 
Offline
Colonel
Colonel
User avatar

Joined: Sat Mar 01, 2003 12:00 pm
Posts: 20605
Location: teh internet
barcelona wrote:
PBFMullethunter wrote:
barcelona wrote:


Is the stench from you or the teens?


As if I would stay up that late.



You don't mind your teens smoking ganja?


Kinda hard to stop or control in any way.


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: Foota doodles
PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2019 11:25 pm 
Offline
Major General
Major General
User avatar

Joined: Fri Oct 01, 2004 12:00 pm
Posts: 34139
PBFMullethunter wrote:
barcelona wrote:
PBFMullethunter wrote:

As if I would stay up that late.


You don't mind your teens smoking ganja?


Kinda hard to stop or control in any way.


Ask if you can join in. It will instantly lose its coolness.

_________________
Norks


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: Foota doodles
PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2019 11:46 pm 
Offline
Brigadier General
Brigadier General
User avatar

Joined: Mon Mar 01, 2004 9:42 am
Posts: 26404
Slacks wrote:
PBFMullethunter wrote:
barcelona wrote:

You don't mind your teens smoking ganja?


Kinda hard to stop or control in any way.


Ask if you can join in. It will instantly lose its coolness.



If only....


They probably smoke for stonedness not coolness.

Fuck it let them smoke.

_________________
Empir immoto


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: Foota doodles
PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2019 1:02 am 
Offline
Sergeant-Major
Sergeant-Major
User avatar

Joined: Thu May 13, 2004 12:00 pm
Posts: 7096
Location: Close to where I want to be
I would rather my kids smoke weed than cigarettes. BC is next level though. Went running by the sea wall in the evenning a couple times. Everyone was smoking ... It was quite nice.

_________________
What you have taken, Has been from here
What you gave has been given here
What belongs to you today
belonged to someone yesterday
and will be someone else’s tomorrow

Change is the Law of The Universe

-------------------------------------------------

“A good traveler has no fixed plans, and is not intent on arriving.” – Lao Tzu


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: Foota doodles
PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2019 1:05 am 
Offline
Brigadier General
Brigadier General
User avatar

Joined: Mon Mar 01, 2004 9:42 am
Posts: 26404
tgrant wrote:
I would rather my kids smoke weed than cigarettes. BC is next level though. Went running by the sea wall in the evenning a couple times. Everyone was smoking ... It was quite nice.



I don't smoke cigarettes but I do use a bit of tobacco in my spliffs.

_________________
Empir immoto


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: Foota doodles
PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2019 1:21 am 
Offline
Brigadier General
Brigadier General
User avatar

Joined: Mon Mar 01, 2004 9:42 am
Posts: 26404
I've smoked a spliff with my mother and my daughter.

_________________
Empir immoto


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: Foota doodles
PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2019 1:36 am 
Offline
Colonel
Colonel
User avatar

Joined: Sat Mar 01, 2003 12:00 pm
Posts: 20605
Location: teh internet
I don’t even care about people smoking, I just don’t like smelling it. It’s an irritating smell that makes me want to smack the person making it.


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: Foota doodles
PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2019 1:59 am 
Offline
Brigadier General
Brigadier General
User avatar

Joined: Mon Mar 01, 2004 9:42 am
Posts: 26404
PBFMullethunter wrote:
I don’t even care about people smoking, I just don’t like smelling it. It’s an irritating smell that makes me want to smack the person making it.



I wouldn't call it irritating? Maybe irritating that you're not smoking it?

Anyway a pic of my babies in veg.

Image

_________________
Empir immoto


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: Foota doodles
PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2019 12:52 am 
Offline
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant
User avatar

Joined: Tue Aug 01, 2006 12:00 pm
Posts: 10440
Location: So Cal, USA
Foota wrote:
tgrant wrote:
They've been watching tons of "how to draw..." videos. How to draw cats, airplanes, Lamborghini's, Tesla's, etc. People get like millions of people watching them draw something in order to learn how. Crazy fucking world.




My daughter is the one that got me drawing about 2 years ago by showing me some drawing videos on Youtube. They have been very helpful.

I just stumbled on this one yesterday. Really helpful technique. Check out the 10 minute mark. I can't hold a candle to this guy's detail work.

phpBB [video]


...

My 10 yr old loves to draw and Youtube, perfect combo. Will show him this channel, hope its not too complicated for him, but he's a pretty mature kid.

_________________
Image
"The Inner Machinations of my mind are an enigma" - P. Star


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: Foota doodles
PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2019 3:09 am 
Offline
Major
Major
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jun 01, 2006 3:40 pm
Posts: 17494
Image


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: Foota doodles
PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2019 4:07 am 
Offline
Major
Major
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jun 01, 2006 3:40 pm
Posts: 17494
Our cat Felix.

Image


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: Foota doodles
PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2019 4:58 am 
Offline
Captain
Captain
User avatar

Joined: Tue Apr 02, 2002 12:00 am
Posts: 14413
Location: The OC
Foota wrote:
Our cat Felix.

Image



Is that your cat with the pee issues? He looks very plush

_________________
Radio Free Midnight http://www.twitch.tv/midnight562



Image

[**==] [**==] SomeGuy 2020 [**==] [**==]
[**==] [**==] It's going to be a [**==] [**==]
[**==] [**==] Brave New World [**==] [**==]


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: Foota doodles
PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2019 3:21 pm 
Offline
Major
Major
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jun 01, 2006 3:40 pm
Posts: 17494
The pee issues were fixed about 3 years ago after we first got him from Craigslist. He has been tip top ever since. Just a little bit fat. He is a big animal though.


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: Foota doodles
PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2019 6:31 pm 
Offline
Sergeant-Major
Sergeant-Major
User avatar

Joined: Thu May 13, 2004 12:00 pm
Posts: 7096
Location: Close to where I want to be
He looks a lot like our cat Gus...he's a grey tabby with a bit of Maine coon.

_________________
What you have taken, Has been from here
What you gave has been given here
What belongs to you today
belonged to someone yesterday
and will be someone else’s tomorrow

Change is the Law of The Universe

-------------------------------------------------

“A good traveler has no fixed plans, and is not intent on arriving.” – Lao Tzu


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: Foota doodles
PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2019 1:07 am 
Offline
Major
Major
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jun 01, 2006 3:40 pm
Posts: 17494
Image


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: Foota doodles
PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2019 1:15 am 
Offline
Brigadier General
Brigadier General
User avatar

Joined: Mon Mar 01, 2004 9:42 am
Posts: 26404
Foota wrote:
Image




Bravo O{DC}O

_________________
Empir immoto


Top
   
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 250 posts ]  Go to page Previous 15 6 7 8 9 10 Next

All times are UTC+01:00


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 15 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Limited