It is currently Sat Mar 23, 2019 2:07 am

All times are UTC+01:00




Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 16 posts ] 
Author Message
PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2017 7:10 pm 
Offline
Major General
Major General
User avatar

Joined: Fri Oct 01, 2004 12:00 pm
Posts: 32529
Quote:
Several of the diplomats targeted in those strange sonic weapon attacks in Cuba have suffered from permanent brain damage, according to medical records obtained by CBS News. Both American and Canadian envoys to Havana have been diagnosed with mild traumatic brain injury, along with likely damage to the central nervous system.

Consultants from the University of Miami Health System were asked by the State Department to evaluate the diplomats that were suffering from a similar range of symptoms – including hearing loss, nausea, and migraines – in the Cuban capital city.

A little recap: a few weeks ago, it became apparent that several diplomats from both the US and Canada had fallen ill in Cuba, with several of them quitting their assignments abroad early and returning home, and others ordered to leave on a permanent basis in order to make sure they make a full recovery.

The symptoms, as mentioned, were always the same, and they only seemed to occur on Cuban state-owned properties, which also includes the residences the envoys lived in while on their assignments. After an investigation by both the FBI and the Royal Canadian Mounted Police began in earnest, they came to the conclusion that a sonic device – an acoustic weapon – was to blame.

Confusion abounded – not just in terms of the motivation behind the attacks, and the identity of the antagonists, but with regards to the technology being used. Sonic weapons do exist, but they mostly consist of using audible sound, fired in narrow beams, to disperse troublesome crowds. Initial reports on these Havana attacks suggested the weapons were inaudible, at least to human hearing.



http://www.iflscience.com/technology/bi ... dark-turn/

_________________
barcelona wrote:
Pics of Someguy naked wrapped in bacon........


Top
   
PostPosted: Sun Aug 27, 2017 2:22 am 
Offline
Lieutenant-Colonel
Lieutenant-Colonel
User avatar

Joined: Sat Mar 01, 2003 12:00 pm
Posts: 18165
Location: teh internet
Turns out they'd just gone to a Metallica concert together.


Top
   
PostPosted: Sun Aug 27, 2017 4:43 am 
Offline
Lieutenant-Colonel
Lieutenant-Colonel
User avatar

Joined: Wed Mar 01, 2006 12:00 pm
Posts: 19888
PBFMullethunter wrote:
Turns out they'd just gone to a Metallica concert together.


Metallica qualifies as a sonic weapon? I would've figured it to be the Spice Girls or Avril Lavigne or Sum 41.

_________________
Ill sell ya the rope with which you shall hang yourself.
Capitalism for the Win.

PCNC and PBF live in death!


Top
   
PostPosted: Sun Aug 27, 2017 4:49 am 
Offline
Colonel
Colonel
User avatar

Joined: Mon Mar 01, 2004 9:42 am
Posts: 24590
Metallica are well overrated.

_________________
Empir immoto


Top
   
PostPosted: Sun Aug 27, 2017 4:51 am 
Offline
Lieutenant-Colonel
Lieutenant-Colonel
User avatar

Joined: Sat Mar 01, 2003 12:00 pm
Posts: 18165
Location: teh internet
barcelona wrote:
Metallica are well overrated.


x1000

I learned every Metallica song when I was 14, thought they were the shit. Turns out it was only Dave Mustaine who could actually write anything.


Top
   
PostPosted: Sun Aug 27, 2017 5:40 am 
Offline
Colonel
Colonel
User avatar

Joined: Mon Mar 01, 2004 9:42 am
Posts: 24590
PBFMullethunter wrote:
barcelona wrote:
Metallica are well overrated.


x1000

I learned every Metallica song when I was 14, thought they were the shit. Turns out it was only Dave Mustaine who could actually write anything.

You want to listen to a fucking great band? Listen to Opeth.

_________________
Empir immoto


Top
   
PostPosted: Sun Aug 27, 2017 8:35 pm 
Offline
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 01, 2004 12:00 pm
Posts: 10611
Location: North
Slacks wrote:
Quote:
Several of the diplomats targeted in those strange sonic weapon attacks in Cuba have suffered from permanent brain damage, according to medical records obtained by CBS News. Both American and Canadian envoys to Havana have been diagnosed with mild traumatic brain injury, along with likely damage to the central nervous system.

Consultants from the University of Miami Health System were asked by the State Department to evaluate the diplomats that were suffering from a similar range of symptoms – including hearing loss, nausea, and migraines – in the Cuban capital city.

A little recap: a few weeks ago, it became apparent that several diplomats from both the US and Canada had fallen ill in Cuba, with several of them quitting their assignments abroad early and returning home, and others ordered to leave on a permanent basis in order to make sure they make a full recovery.

The symptoms, as mentioned, were always the same, and they only seemed to occur on Cuban state-owned properties, which also includes the residences the envoys lived in while on their assignments. After an investigation by both the FBI and the Royal Canadian Mounted Police began in earnest, they came to the conclusion that a sonic device – an acoustic weapon – was to blame.

Confusion abounded – not just in terms of the motivation behind the attacks, and the identity of the antagonists, but with regards to the technology being used. Sonic weapons do exist, but they mostly consist of using audible sound, fired in narrow beams, to disperse troublesome crowds. Initial reports on these Havana attacks suggested the weapons were inaudible, at least to human hearing.



http://www.iflscience.com/technology/bi ... dark-turn/


When it's done to murricans it's not conspiracy tinfoil theory.

_________________
I like it here. Get to do what you want, nobody fucks with you. The only worry you got is dying. And if that happens you won't know about it anyway. So what the fuck man?


Top
   
PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2019 9:29 pm 
Offline
Major General
Major General
User avatar

Joined: Fri Oct 01, 2004 12:00 pm
Posts: 32529
Quote:
Suspected sonic attacks on US embassy staff in Cuba are believed to have been caused by the sound of crickets, scientists have claimed.

Researchers in the UK and US now say there is "strong evidence that an echoing cricket call, rather than a sonic attack or other technological device" was responsible for the noises.

They studied audio recorded by US staff in Cuba which was released by the Associated Press in 2017.

The sound matched "in nuanced detail" the calling song of the Indies short-tailed cricket, known as Anurogryllus celerinictus, according to researchers.

They said playing the crickets' call on a loudspeaker when recorded indoors produced a sound "virtually indistinguishable" from the alleged sonic attacks.

"This provides strong evidence that an echoing cricket call, rather than a sonic attack or other technological device, is responsible for the sound in the released recording," the researchers said.


https://news.sky.com/story/suspected-so ... s-11601281

_________________
barcelona wrote:
Pics of Someguy naked wrapped in bacon........


Top
   
PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2019 9:39 pm 
Offline
Lieutenant-Colonel
Lieutenant-Colonel
User avatar

Joined: Sat Mar 01, 2003 12:00 pm
Posts: 18165
Location: teh internet
<crickets>


Top
   
PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2019 9:45 pm 
Offline
Colonel
Colonel
User avatar

Joined: Mon Mar 01, 2004 9:42 am
Posts: 24590
PBFMullethunter wrote:
<crickets>



Niggetynog

_________________
Empir immoto


Top
   
PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2019 11:30 am 
Offline
Major General
Major General
User avatar

Joined: Fri Oct 01, 2004 12:00 pm
Posts: 32529
PBFMullethunter wrote:
<crickets>


Image

_________________
barcelona wrote:
Pics of Someguy naked wrapped in bacon........


Top
   
PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2019 1:24 pm 
Offline
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 01, 2004 12:00 pm
Posts: 10611
Location: North
Slacks wrote:
Quote:
Suspected sonic attacks on US embassy staff in Cuba are believed to have been caused by the sound of crickets, scientists have claimed.

Researchers in the UK and US now say there is "strong evidence that an echoing cricket call, rather than a sonic attack or other technological device" was responsible for the noises.

They studied audio recorded by US staff in Cuba which was released by the Associated Press in 2017.

The sound matched "in nuanced detail" the calling song of the Indies short-tailed cricket, known as Anurogryllus celerinictus, according to researchers.

They said playing the crickets' call on a loudspeaker when recorded indoors produced a sound "virtually indistinguishable" from the alleged sonic attacks.

"This provides strong evidence that an echoing cricket call, rather than a sonic attack or other technological device, is responsible for the sound in the released recording," the researchers said.


https://news.sky.com/story/suspected-so ... s-11601281



crickets, shuuuuure >&8~

_________________
I like it here. Get to do what you want, nobody fucks with you. The only worry you got is dying. And if that happens you won't know about it anyway. So what the fuck man?


Top
   
PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2019 12:53 am 
Offline
Sergeant First-Class
Sergeant First-Class
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 09, 2003 12:00 pm
Posts: 3198
Location: Reno, NV, US
Che Guevara Jiminy Cricket


Top
   
PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2019 1:15 am 
Offline
Lieutenant-Colonel
Lieutenant-Colonel
User avatar

Joined: Wed Mar 01, 2006 12:00 pm
Posts: 19888
BUNNY wrote:
Slacks wrote:
Quote:
Suspected sonic attacks on US embassy staff in Cuba are believed to have been caused by the sound of crickets, scientists have claimed.

Researchers in the UK and US now say there is "strong evidence that an echoing cricket call, rather than a sonic attack or other technological device" was responsible for the noises.

They studied audio recorded by US staff in Cuba which was released by the Associated Press in 2017.

The sound matched "in nuanced detail" the calling song of the Indies short-tailed cricket, known as Anurogryllus celerinictus, according to researchers.

They said playing the crickets' call on a loudspeaker when recorded indoors produced a sound "virtually indistinguishable" from the alleged sonic attacks.

"This provides strong evidence that an echoing cricket call, rather than a sonic attack or other technological device, is responsible for the sound in the released recording," the researchers said.


https://news.sky.com/story/suspected-so ... s-11601281



crickets, shuuuuure >&8~


Never heard of a bug loud enough to make people sick or go deaf. Even the noisiest bug in Colorado the cicada is nowhere loud enough even when you have a thousand of them all around you chirping off.

I don't buy it.

_________________
Ill sell ya the rope with which you shall hang yourself.
Capitalism for the Win.

PCNC and PBF live in death!


Top
   
PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2019 8:06 am 
Offline
Major General
Major General
User avatar

Joined: Fri Oct 01, 2004 12:00 pm
Posts: 32529
They don't say the crickets caused the health problems, only that the noise was crickets.

_________________
barcelona wrote:
Pics of Someguy naked wrapped in bacon........


Top
   
PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2019 8:43 am 
Offline
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 01, 2004 12:00 pm
Posts: 10611
Location: North
tricksy ;)

_________________
I like it here. Get to do what you want, nobody fucks with you. The only worry you got is dying. And if that happens you won't know about it anyway. So what the fuck man?


Top
   
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 16 posts ] 

All times are UTC+01:00


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 18 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Limited