It is currently Tue Nov 19, 2019 8:09 am

All times are UTC+01:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 1649 posts ]  Go to page Previous 162 63 64 65 66 Next
PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2019 8:58 pm 
Colonel
Colonel

The monarchy should take over again.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2019 9:05 pm 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

PBFMullethunter wrote:
The monarchy should take over again.

They're the biggest fucked up family of all.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2019 9:08 pm 
Major
Major

How great can Britain be when they let their SJW hoards chase away Chic-fil-A?

First Chick-fil-A in U.K. to Close in 6 Months Amid Protests
https://www.yahoo.com/news/first-chick- ... 00933.html

The retards are protesting ostensibly because the US owner of Chic-fil-A is a Christian and not down with the gay mafia's numerous demands.

I wonder if these same retards are going to start protesting all of the Muslim owned kebab shops now?

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2019 9:14 pm 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Foota wrote:

First Chick-fil-A in U.K. to Close in 6 Months Amid Protests
https://www.yahoo.com/news/first-chick- ... 00933.html

The retards are protesting ostensibly because the US owner of Chic-fil-A is a Christian and not down with the gay mafia's numerous demands.

I wonder if these same retards are going to start protesting all of the Muslim owned kebab shops now?

We are not a predominantly Christian nation anymore......

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2019 9:40 pm 
Lieutenant-Colonel
Lieutenant-Colonel

Why would we wanna do business with those dicks?

Whoops, didn't realise you were dicks at first, seeya. Sorry for any faffing.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2019 10:41 pm 
Major
Major

barcelona wrote:

I know.

But your SJW loons (just like in America) are too cowardly to pull the same shit and protest Muslim shops for their views on gays and abortion.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2019 10:44 pm 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Foota wrote:
barcelona wrote:

I know.

But your SJW loons (just like in America) are too cowardly to pull the same shit and protest Muslim shops for their views on gays and abortion.

I agree with abortion.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2019 10:51 pm 
Major General
Major General

PBFMullethunter wrote:
Slacks wrote:
Htown0666 wrote:
So this a countdown to reconsider an extension on maybe thinking about a possible brexit

Jesus Christ
Shit or get off the pot

It's a countdown to when we Brexit unless the extension BoJo was forced to ask for is granted by the EU in which case the new Brexit date will be end of January. Obvs.

What if that happens but then January comes round and you aren't ready yet?

Then we'll probably ask for another (4th) extension.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2019 10:52 pm 
Major General
Major General

Foota wrote:

FINALLY the SJWs achieve something good.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2019 10:55 pm 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Fuck your Murricun fast food outlets

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2019 11:54 pm 
Colonel
Colonel

barcelona wrote:

+1

Keep that greasy shite in Murrica where it belongs!

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2019 1:39 am 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

PBFMullethunter wrote:
barcelona wrote:

+1

Keep that greasy shite in Murrica where it belongs!

Everything with BBQ sauce.. They don't know how to cook anything else .

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2019 8:47 am 
Holyman
Holyman

PBFMullethunter wrote:
Slacks wrote:
It's a countdown to when we Brexit unless the extension BoJo was forced to ask for is granted by the EU in which case the new Brexit date will be end of January. Obvs.

What if that happens but then January comes round and you aren't ready yet?

Yeah... January is a mistake.

No-one gets anything worthwhile done in January. It's like the Monday-Morning of the Year... Just get through it with as little drama as possible, whilst trying not to think about how the year in front of you is going to be depressingly similar to the year behind you.

They should go for one of the Bank Holiday weekends in May... That's the time to find the right balance between "Couldn't give a fuck." and "If we let you do this, will you shut the fuck up?".

If they don't get things sorted soon, they're going to start looking silly.

Oh... NM.

III/O

"“A rising share of the goods that make today’s capitalist economies grow would not sell if people dreamed other dreams than they do—which makes understanding, developing and controlling their dreams a fundamental concern of political economy in advanced-capitalist society.”" - Wolfgang Streeck

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2019 8:56 pm 
Major General
Major General

So Parliament voted in favour of the deal (sort of) tonight, but then voted against making it law in 3 days, because in fairness that's not a lot of time to actually read the thing.

BoJo has therefore pulled his deal and will ask for a general election in November, if the EU agree to give the extension he asked for but didn't want. Parliament may or may not agree to hold a general election.

[X++X]

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2019 9:24 pm 
Colonel
Colonel

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2019 9:28 pm 
Major General
Major General

PBFMullethunter wrote:

Yeah I know. It's more of a brain dump trying to make sense of it all. Can't we just merge with you guys?

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2019 10:00 pm 
Holyman
Holyman

I'm working on a fully Global Merger: sit tight.

One day we'll look back at this thread, and really laugh.

||/()

"“A rising share of the goods that make today’s capitalist economies grow would not sell if people dreamed other dreams than they do—which makes understanding, developing and controlling their dreams a fundamental concern of political economy in advanced-capitalist society.”" - Wolfgang Streeck

PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2019 1:14 pm 
Holyman
Holyman

Thu 24 Oct 2019 07.01 BSTLast modified on Thu 24 Oct 2019 07.06 BST

Why ‘the will of the people’ is a myth in British democracy

George Monbiot

They promised sovereignty, but at first it was unclear which variety of sovereignty they meant. Were the politicians who swore we would regain it when we left the European Union referring to parliamentary or popular sovereignty? Now we know they didn’t mean parliamentary sovereignty. Boris Johnson’s government has sought to trick, rush, ignore and prorogue parliament at every turn.

“People v parliament” is Johnson’s pitch to the nation. So where do the people come in? If he is a champion of popular sovereignty, why does he propose no improvements to a 19th-century model of democracy that permits no popular engagement other than an election every few years, and a referendum every few decades? There is a tension between parliamentary and popular sovereignty. A lively, meaningful democracy would achieve a balance between the two. It would combine parliamentary (representative) democracy with participatory democracy. But no such balance is sought.

Representative democracy is a remarkably blunt instrument. Hundreds of issues are bundled together at every election, yet the vote tends to swing on just one or two of them. The government then presumes consent for its entire programme and, if it commands a parliamentary majority, for anything else it wants to introduce in its term of office. We don’t accept presumed consent in sex. Why should we accept it in politics?

I’ve often been asked, when I complain about a government policy, “So why don’t you stand for election?” This suggests that the only valid political role a citizen can play is to become a representative, so that only a tiny proportion of the population has a legitimate voice between elections. This is the shallowest and weakest conception of democracy.

I do not want to abandon representative democracy. I want to see it balanced by popular sovereignty, especially the variety known as deliberative democracy. By contrast to the adversarial nature of representative democracy, in which politicians try to dominate and vanquish their opponents, deliberative democracy means drawing citizens together to solve problems. It means creating forums in which we listen respectfully to each other, seek to understand each other’s views, change our minds when necessary, and create the rich, informed democratic culture currently missing from national life.

Perhaps the best example is the participatory budgeting programme in the Brazilian city of Porto Alegre. Between 1989 and 2004, citizens were able to decide how the city’s entire investment budget should be spent. The process was designed by government and people working together, and was allowed to evolve as citizens suggested improvements. Some 50,000 people a year participated.

Instead of being captured by corrupt politicians and local mafias, the people’s decisions ensured that the money went where it was needed most, greatly improving sanitation, clean water, green space, health and education, transforming the lives of the poor. Porto Alegre became the Brazilian state capital with the highest ranking on the human development index. The more people engaged, the wider and deeper their political understanding became. Short-termism was replaced by long-term thinking: essential if we are to confront environmental breakdown.

There are plenty of other ways in which deliberative democracy can change our lives. In Ireland, a citizens’ assembly on abortion law turned an angry debate into a considered one. It tested competing claims and ideas, and led eventually to a referendum. The Better Reykjavík programme allows the citizens of Iceland’s capital to put forward ideas for the city’s improvement, which other people vote on. The 15 most popular ideas every month are passed to the city council to consider. The programme has remodelled Reykjavík in fascinating ways.

Constitutional conventions can be used to draw up principles of government, on which the rest of the population can then vote. Some of the best models are those developed by the Canadian provinces of British Columbia and Ontario. Members of the convention are drawn by lot and informed by experts, field trips and submissions from other citizens. The UK is in urgent need of one.

But for all the rhetoric about the people’s will, nothing of the kind is on offer in Britain. The so-called citizens’ assembly on climate change proposed by parliament is a cynical caricature of participation. It has a restrictive agenda, a narrow range of advisers and no time for effective deliberation. Digital tools offer massive opportunities for fine-tuning political decisions, but our cod-medieval system – all Black Rods and serjeants at arms – is stuck in the age of the quill pen. The only new form of participation we have been granted this century is an enhanced right to petition parliament, introduced by Tony Blair in 2006. Did it seem radical and innovative? Only until you remember that a similar concession appears to have been made by Edward I in 1275.

The European referendum, that apparently represents the people’s will, was reduced to such a crude choice that no one knows exactly what the majority voted for. Rather than encouraging an informed, nuanced politics, it has made our system even more adversarial, binary and reductive.

I could see the point of Brexit if it meant returning power to the people. But Johnson is as contemptuous of popular sovereignty as he is of parliamentary sovereignty. He seeks sovereignty of a different kind: autocratic control over both parliament and people.

I would love to see Labour placing radical democratic reform at the heart of its manifesto, seeking not to take power but to give it away. I suspect its offer will be limited, until we can build movements big enough to force our governments to let the people speak. Participation in politics is a not a gift. It is our right.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2019 5:49 pm 
Major General
Major General

BoJo wants an election in December. Parliament had better agree or I'm gonna torch the place.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 25, 2019 8:37 am 
Major General
Major General

Long story short, if BoJo doesn't get his election his government will effectively go on strike until he does. No budget or anything.

The thought of not having a government appeals somewhat :-?

PostPosted: Fri Oct 25, 2019 1:13 pm 
Holyman
Holyman

I think Belgium has coped without a Central Government for several years (might have it sorted now: I don't check in on Belgium very often...).

And the Stormont Assembly in NI hasn't convened for a few years over.

Would be a Crowning Glory of this whole saga, if the UK government goes on strike, and everything gets better.

[-O<

PostPosted: Fri Oct 25, 2019 1:16 pm 
Holyman
Holyman

Have I told you about "WTU"..?

It's what I write next to the name of a team member whose mere removal will elicit productivity gains.

It stands for "Worse Than Useless".

Useless is okay. I can find a use for just about anyone. But people whose mere presence hampers productivity and performance, just need removing.

The UK Government is worse than useless.

:-??

PostPosted: Fri Oct 25, 2019 1:20 pm 
Sergeant First-Class
Sergeant First-Class

Holyman wrote:
And the Stormont Assembly in NI hasn't convened for a few years over.

[-O<

yea, and it's all going to shit! hospitals, schools and all public services are crying out for management. basically there is noboby to sign the required orders. It's a total fuck up!

"you stupid illiterate fucking bastard fuck. Maybe you should grab a dictionary instead, you fucking twat wanker. Oh, and fuck you and your stupid fucking boat. Fucking fuck.
Now fuck off out of this thread, you buttfucking fucking asshole." Slacks

PostPosted: Fri Oct 25, 2019 5:36 pm 
Major General
Major General

Quote:
I just took a short nap and had the strangest dream.

In it, the Tory prime minister made clear that unless the opposition allows him to have a general election on 12 December his government would go on strike.

The legislation to implement the Brexit deal he cherishes would be put on hold.

The budget that his Chancellor said less than 24 hours ago would definitely take place on 6 November would be cancelled.

And Johnson would work day and night to try and force an election.

Naturally these were all the wild imaginings of my sleeping brain. A Conservative PM would never contemplate such officially sanctioned anarchy.

As for the Labour opposition, its leader said that he would allow an election as and when a no-deal Brexit is taken off the table - while not remotely defining what he means by that.

And at the same time Labour MPs were instructed to abstain on the PM's election motion in the vote on Monday, which under the rules has the same effect as voting against, and means the PM won't get the election he craves.

Which again was obviously fantasy. Because what opposition would spurn the gift of an early election against a government which has failed to deliver its only policy, namely Brexit on 31 October.

Against this backdrop, 27 EU prime ministers and presidents collectively and metaphorically lost the will to live.

Because it became crystal clear to them that the three-month Brexit delay that Boris Johnson had been forced by MPs to demand of them would achieve the sum total of absolutely nothing - no route to end the Brexit uncertainty.

And if they continued on the path they were on yesterday, of agreeing that three-month delay, they would be faced in January with a request from the UK for yet another extension.

So, in my weird dream, EU leaders would agonise all weekend about whether France's President Macron is right that the UK should be offered just a two week delay, to focus MPs minds if they don't back Boris Johnson's Brexit it will be the no-deal Brexit they hate.

Or those EU PMs and presidents may now consider whether the UK should be offered a six month delay, so that there is enough time for the UK - if it so chooses - to have a referendum, or an election, or both.

As I tossed and turned, all this uncertainty, in my dozing, made me troubled and anxious.

So I woke up, to discover it was not a dream after all, and it is the very real nightmare we are all inhabiting.

https://www.itv.com/news/2019-10-24/is- ... HBsD-H41C8

PostPosted: Sat Oct 26, 2019 1:55 pm 
Holyman
Holyman

Junior-IRL wrote:
Holyman wrote:
And the Stormont Assembly in NI hasn't convened for a few years.

yea, and it's all going to shit! hospitals, schools and all public services are crying out for management. basically there is noboby to sign the required orders. It's a total fuck up!

Sounds like you need...

The Foota Team..!!

Derrr-de-de-derr, d-du-duh-derrr..!

[**==]

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 1649 posts ]  Go to page Previous 162 63 64 65 66 Next