It is currently Mon Jun 24, 2019 2:28 pm

All times are UTC+01:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 917 posts ]  Go to page Previous 132 33 34 35 36 37 Next
PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2017 4:20 am 
Captain
Captain

Here is another gem from the school of take no shit cops.....

phpBB [video]

http://abcnews.go.com/US/utah-nurse-arr ... d=49615464

Alex Wubbels, the Utah nurse who was arrested for refusing to draw blood from an unconscious patient in July, recounted to ABC News how she still is "not safe" since returning to work and believes the cop who arrested her was on a "warpath."

The police body cam footage from the July 26 incident instantly sparked a national outcry when it was released last week.

In the video, Salt Lake City Detective Jeff Payne is seen squaring off against Wubbels, who was working the night shift on the burn unit at Utah University Hospital. That night a man named William Gray was brought into the hospital after suffering severe injuries from a car crash.

Wubbels said she tried explaining to Payne that she wouldn't allow Gray's blood to be drawn unless he was under arrest or if there was a police warrant.

Moreover, when Wubbels defended the hospital's policy, buttressed by a 2016 Supreme Court ruling citing that warrantless blood draws are a direct violation of the Fourth Amendment, she was rebuffed.

“I either go away with blood in vials or body in tow. That’s my only choices. I’m going to follow my boss’ instructions," Payne says in the video.

"I just said, 'Look, I'm sorry, we can't let you do this at this time,'" Wubbels told ABC News in an interview where she was joined by her attorney Karra Porter. "And [Payne] just got up and said, 'You're not sorry!'"

Wubbels, a former alpine skier who competed in the 1998 and 2002 Winter Olympics, then claimed the cop "jeopardized" her safety.

"Right then he was on this war path," she said.

In the video, Payne is heard declaring, "We're done!" and Wubbels wails as she's dragged outside of the hospital in handcuffs.

"I think I was able to keep my cool pretty well, because I knew I was in a tough situation," she said, adding that she kept calling Payne "sir" as she was ushered downstairs of the hospital.

Salt Lake Police Chief Mike Brown said last week that he "was alarmed by what I saw in the video with our officer." He said Payne and his supervisor have been put on paid administrative leave. According to The Associated Press, Brown's department has also adopted a new policy that requires a warrant or consent to draw blood.

Both Wubbels and Payne said they were simply following orders.

But some in the community were unmoved.

On Sunday over 100 people demanded the ouster of Payne, holding up signs that read: “Hands off our nurses” and “Fire Detective Payne,” according to the AP.

[**==] [**==] SomeGuy 2020 [**==] [**==]
[**==] [**==] It's going to be a [**==] [**==]
[**==] [**==] Brave New World [**==] [**==]

PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2017 4:26 am 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Murricu
Urricu
Rricu
Ricu
Icu
Cu
U

PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2017 4:30 am 
Lieutenant-Colonel
Lieutenant-Colonel

MIDNIGHT wrote:

Ah yes, the Auschwitz excuse. Not too successful with judges, that one.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2017 5:55 am 
Lieutenant-Colonel
Lieutenant-Colonel

Some of those that work forces
Are the same that burn crosses

PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2017 2:17 pm 
Captain
Captain

barcelona wrote:
Murricu
Urricu
Rricu
Ricu
Icu
Cu
U

VS what the U.K. where this would have never happened as the police would have just taken the blood sample without consent?

:-?

PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2017 3:51 pm 
Major General
Major General

No mention of vampires either who have no legal basis whatsoever of taking blood.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2017 4:03 pm 
Lieutenant-Colonel
Lieutenant-Colonel

Slacks wrote:
No mention of vampires either who have no legal basis whatsoever of taking blood.

This is why we need to relax rules on blood dispensaries.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2017 12:49 am 
Lieutenant-Colonel
Lieutenant-Colonel

A camera on a tripod and officer Dope thinks it's a gun? What sort, a Bren on an antiaircraft mount?

Ohio photographer shot by police officer who mistook camera for gun.

New Carlisle News photojournalist Andy Grimm was shot by Sheriff's Deputy Jake Shaw on Monday after the officer mistook Grimm's camera and tripod for a gun, according to the news organization.

Per New Carlisle News—a local news organization in New Carlisle, Ohio—and Grimm's statements about the incident, Grimm had left the company's office around 10PM to photograph lightning. At some point after this, Grimm witnessed a traffic stop being performed by Shaw, which he decided to photograph. Grimm says he pulled his vehicle into the parking lot of a restaurant near the traffic stop, where he began setting up his tripod and camera "in full view of the deputy."

Despite this, Grimm said, "I turned around towards the cars and then 'pop, pop,'" referencing the gunfire he heard before being shot in the side.

The photographer underwent surgery and is expected to recover. Grimm states that he knows the deputy who shot him and that he doesn't want him to lose his job; however, he says Shaw failed to give him any sort of warning before opening fire. New Carlisle News says that the Ohio Bureau of Criminal Investigation is now looking into the incident.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2017 1:09 am 
Captain
Captain

MIDNIGHT wrote:
Here is another gem from the school of take no shit cops.....

phpBB [video]

http://abcnews.go.com/US/utah-nurse-arr ... d=49615464

Alex Wubbels, the Utah nurse who was arrested for refusing to draw blood from an unconscious patient in July, recounted to ABC News how she still is "not safe" since returning to work and believes the cop who arrested her was on a "warpath."

The police body cam footage from the July 26 incident instantly sparked a national outcry when it was released last week.

In the video, Salt Lake City Detective Jeff Payne is seen squaring off against Wubbels, who was working the night shift on the burn unit at Utah University Hospital. That night a man named William Gray was brought into the hospital after suffering severe injuries from a car crash.

Wubbels said she tried explaining to Payne that she wouldn't allow Gray's blood to be drawn unless he was under arrest or if there was a police warrant.

Moreover, when Wubbels defended the hospital's policy, buttressed by a 2016 Supreme Court ruling citing that warrantless blood draws are a direct violation of the Fourth Amendment, she was rebuffed.

“I either go away with blood in vials or body in tow. That’s my only choices. I’m going to follow my boss’ instructions," Payne says in the video.

"I just said, 'Look, I'm sorry, we can't let you do this at this time,'" Wubbels told ABC News in an interview where she was joined by her attorney Karra Porter. "And [Payne] just got up and said, 'You're not sorry!'"

Wubbels, a former alpine skier who competed in the 1998 and 2002 Winter Olympics, then claimed the cop "jeopardized" her safety.

"Right then he was on this war path," she said.

In the video, Payne is heard declaring, "We're done!" and Wubbels wails as she's dragged outside of the hospital in handcuffs.

"I think I was able to keep my cool pretty well, because I knew I was in a tough situation," she said, adding that she kept calling Payne "sir" as she was ushered downstairs of the hospital.

Salt Lake Police Chief Mike Brown said last week that he "was alarmed by what I saw in the video with our officer." He said Payne and his supervisor have been put on paid administrative leave. According to The Associated Press, Brown's department has also adopted a new policy that requires a warrant or consent to draw blood.

But some in the community were unmoved.

On Sunday over 100 people demanded the ouster of Payne, holding up signs that read: “Hands off our nurses” and “Fire Detective Payne,” according to the AP.

Cop involved in this got himself and his supervisor suspended. But at least he got fired from his side gig as a paramedic.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2017 1:15 am 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

El Sid wrote:
A camera on a tripod and officer Dope thinks it's a gun? What sort, a Bren on an antiaircraft mount?

New Carlisle News photojournalist Andy Grimm was shot by Sheriff's Deputy Jake Shaw on Monday after the officer mistook Grimm's camera and tripod for a gun, according to the news organization.

Per New Carlisle News—a local news organization in New Carlisle, Ohio—and Grimm's statements about the incident, Grimm had left the company's office around 10PM to photograph lightning. At some point after this, Grimm witnessed a traffic stop being performed by Shaw, which he decided to photograph. Grimm says he pulled his vehicle into the parking lot of a restaurant near the traffic stop, where he began setting up his tripod and camera "in full view of the deputy."

Despite this, Grimm said, "I turned around towards the cars and then 'pop, pop,'" referencing the gunfire he heard before being shot in the side.

The photographer underwent surgery and is expected to recover. Grimm states that he knows the deputy who shot him and that he doesn't want him to lose his job; however, he says Shaw failed to give him any sort of warning before opening fire. New Carlisle News says that the Ohio Bureau of Criminal Investigation is now looking into the incident.

I wish I lived in Murricu.it looks so peaceful n shit.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2017 1:17 am 
Captain
Captain

barcelona wrote:
El Sid wrote:

Most of it is actually

PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2017 1:23 am 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

MIDNIGHT wrote:
barcelona wrote:
El Sid wrote:

Most of it is actually

But the majority of citizens are fooking bat shit crazy and mostly ignorant of their own shit never mind knowing what's going on in the world around them.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2017 1:42 am 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

PBFMullethunter wrote:
Some of those that work forces
Are the same that burn crosses

O{DC}O =D>

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2017 2:28 pm 
Holyman
Holyman

MIDNIGHT wrote:
MIDNIGHT wrote:
phpBB [video]

Cop involved in this got himself and his supervisor suspended. But at least he got fired from his side gig as a paramedic.

Bit late to this particular party...

But spotted something in the extended coverage news that made me think... "Huh?"

So the blood sample that the detective was so keen to get:

Was from the driver of a truck who had been hit by a car that was being chased by the cops.

I saw a news report that showed a massive (fuel) explosion as the car being chased hit the truck head on… (Lot more spectacular than a screaming nurse being manhandled by a cartoonish Police detective..)

And so I’m thinking: *WHY* so desperate to get a blood sample from a truck driver who was only a victim himself?

Suspect there’s a bit more to this than meets the eye…

:-?

"To be hopeful in bad times is not just foolishly romantic. It is based on the fact that human history is a history not only of cruelty, but also of compassion, sacrifice, courage, kindness. What we choose to emphasize in this complex history will determine our lives. If we see only the worst, it destroys our capacity to do something. If we remember those times and places—and there are so many—where people have behaved magnificently, this gives us the energy to act, and at least the possibility of sending this spinning top of a world in a different direction. And if we do act, in however small a way, we don’t have to wait for some grand utopian future. The future is an infinite succession of presents, and to live now as we think human beings should live, in defiance of all that is bad around us, is itself a marvellous victory." - Howard Zinn

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2017 2:42 pm 
Captain
Captain

"The patient that officers wanted blood from was William Gray, a truck driver who was hit while driver Marco Torres, who died in the crash, was fleeing from police.

Police in Rigby, Idaho, said Friday that Gray is a reserve officer for their force, and commended Wubbels for "protecting Officer Gray’s rights as a patient and victim."

Gray is still at the University of Utah's burn unit continuing his recovery from severe injuries, according to the Rigby Police."

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2017 4:46 pm 
Major General
Major General

Nothing suspicious here at all

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2017 7:11 pm 
First Sergeant
First Sergeant

The cop sounded like John Malkovich...very suspicious indeed....

belonged to someone yesterday
and will be someone else’s tomorrow

Change is the Law of The Universe

-------------------------------------------------

“A good traveler has no fixed plans, and is not intent on arriving.” – Lao Tzu

PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2017 1:54 am 
Captain
Captain

A lot of police departments have rules that I think they started putting in effect back in the 90s about high speed chases. Basically depending on the conditions on the speeds the cops are supposed to break off Pursuit when it's early to the certain danger level so there's no collateral damage

Considering the guy he wanted to do a toxicology blood thing on was just a victim, it makes me wonder if the cop violated the policy of high-speed Pursuits and was looking for something to cover his ass and make the accident the victim's fault so he couldn't claim wrongful injury due to a violation of Department policy

PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2017 2:30 am 
Captain
Captain

(Reuters) - The FBI said on Friday it is examining whether federal laws were violated by a Utah police detective who is shown on video assaulting and arresting a nurse after she refused to allow taking a blood sample from an unconscious patient.

Related Searches
Utah Cop Arrest NurseCop Who Arrested Nurse
The July 26 incident involving Salt Lake City police Detective Jeff Payne is already being investigated by state authorities, who requested the help of the Federal Bureau of Investigations on Thursday.

Sandra Yi Barker, a spokeswoman at the FBI's Salt Lake City field office, said agents already opened a review of the matter after videos of Payne forcefully arresting University of Utah Hospital nurse Alex Wubbels emerged last week.

"We are there to support and assist them as needed, but we also have our own review going on at the same time," Barker said.

Barker stressed that a "color of law" review, which examines whether law enforcement officials exceeded their authority, was a preliminary step that may or may not lead to a formal investigation.

"Color of law" violations include false arrest and the use of excessive force by police, according to the FBI's website.

Video from Salt Lake City police officers' body cameras showed Payne handcuffing Wubbels and arresting her after she refused to draw blood from a comatose truck driver who had just been brought in, because Payne had neither a warrant nor the patient's consent.

The driver had been in a crash with a vehicle driven by someone fleeing police.

Salt Lake County District Attorney Sam Gill, whose office is investigating the incident, said he requested the FBI's help because "there continue to be issues that go beyond merely a criminal investigation."

Payne, who is currently on administrative leave from the police force, was fired on Tuesday from his second job as a part-time ambulance driver.

Gold Cross Ambulance service President Mike Moffitt told Reuters that Payne's termination followed comments he made on the video suggesting that he would bring transients to University of Utah Hospital, while transporting "good" patients to another facility.

"Those remarks are just not reflective of our company's philosophy and the service we provide, and because of that behavior we felt we had to separate ways," Moffitt said

PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2017 9:01 am 
Holyman
Holyman

MIDNIGHT wrote:
A lot of police departments have rules that I think they started putting in effect back in the 90s about high speed chases. Basically depending on the conditions on the speeds the cops are supposed to break off Pursuit when it's early to the certain danger level so there's no collateral damage

Considering the guy he wanted to do a toxicology blood thing on was just a victim, it makes me wonder if the cop violated the policy of high-speed Pursuits and was looking for something to cover his ass and make the accident the victim's fault so he couldn't claim wrongful injury due to a violation of Department policy

Yup, that's just what I was thinking.

Many police officers seem to have a rather unusual attitude towards the Law, as it pertains to themselves and their colleagues...

>&8~

"To be hopeful in bad times is not just foolishly romantic. It is based on the fact that human history is a history not only of cruelty, but also of compassion, sacrifice, courage, kindness. What we choose to emphasize in this complex history will determine our lives. If we see only the worst, it destroys our capacity to do something. If we remember those times and places—and there are so many—where people have behaved magnificently, this gives us the energy to act, and at least the possibility of sending this spinning top of a world in a different direction. And if we do act, in however small a way, we don’t have to wait for some grand utopian future. The future is an infinite succession of presents, and to live now as we think human beings should live, in defiance of all that is bad around us, is itself a marvellous victory." - Howard Zinn

PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2017 10:18 pm 
Captain
Captain

Holyman wrote:
MIDNIGHT wrote:

Yup, that's just what I was thinking.

Many police officers seem to have a rather unusual attitude towards the Law, as it pertains to themselves and their colleagues...

>&8~

Apparently, the cop that did this was not involved in the incident with the trucks which took place 60 miles away. :-?

PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2017 10:21 pm 
Captain
Captain

THis one from Huntington Beach the city right next to me. (The place where Hoff's brother goes to get his riot and rape on)

http://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/la-m ... story.html

:-? Huntington Beach police officers were shot by 'friendly fire' from other cops, officials say III/O

Gunshot wounds that two Huntington Beach police officers suffered Thursday as they responded to reports of a man with a knife were the result of “friendly fire” among officers, the Orange County Sheriff’s Department said Friday.

“Based on preliminary investigation, it appears the officers were injured by friendly fire,” according to a department statement.

The Sheriff’s Department is investigating the case, as is typical for officer-involved shootings in Huntington Beach.

The situation began just after 7 a.m. Thursday when Huntington Beach officers were called to the 2000 block of Delaware Street near Utica Avenue.

A caller said a man was running around the neighborhood slashing tires, Huntington Beach Police Chief Robert Handy said Thursday.

At least four officers began searching for a suspect. They found a 29-year-old man in a narrow walkway between two fenced patios attached to multifamily complexes. The suspect confronted the officers, and a shooting occurred, police said.

One officer was struck in the lower extremities, and the other was hit higher in the body. Both have been released from a hospital and are expected to make full recoveries, police said.

Authorities said they found a knife at the scene but are continuing to investigate whether the man had other weapons.

Handy said Thursday that both officers have served more than two years on the Huntington Beach police force.

“They are both really good, hardworking officers doing a great job,” he said. “We’re blessed that they’re OK.”

The suspect, who has not been identified, was struck by police gunfire and taken to a hospital. He underwent surgery Thursday for injuries that appeared not to be life-threatening, Handy said. The man’s current condition is unknown.

This is the sixth officer-involved shooting in Huntington Beach this year, and the first since March.

The total is more than in any entire year this decade, according to department archives.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2017 6:45 am 
Holyman
Holyman

MIDNIGHT wrote:
Apparently, the cop that did this was not involved in the incident with the trucks which took place 60 miles away.

I'd figured that out on the basis that the nurse-handling cop was a detective, whereas the pursuit car drivers were presumably uniformed cops...

The issue isn't so much that a blood sample from the victim in the crash may have been required as a matter of policy... But the fact that the detective was so determined to get it, that he's probably going to lose his job over it.

Why the urgency?

I'm sure like most, when I first scanned the story, I just assumed that the blood-draw was to be from some DUI miscreant or other alleged criminal... And the detective was pissed because the nurse was looking out for "a criminal's rights..."

Then it turns out the blood sample the detective was so keen to have was from an innocent and seriously injured victim of a police chase gone bad...

...Maybe the (soon-to-be-ex-..?) detective is the local force's "Fixer", and he'd already pledged to his uniformed colleagues that he'd "take care of it"...?

:-??

PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2017 5:26 am 
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

phpBB [video]

PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2017 6:29 am 
Captain
Captain

BUNNY wrote:
phpBB [video]

I'm not a real big fan of this guy's video series. But in this case I think he's dead on. Most of what he's saying I agree is what the police culture problem with the cops are.

But after watching this video now I'm starting to seriously think that there's nothing fishy going on here after all. Problem is just back to the basics of the take no shit School of cops. The basically one of the cops makes a call, and everyone else backs of Paul's to the wall no matter what no backing down

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 917 posts ]  Go to page Previous 132 33 34 35 36 37 Next