It is currently Tue Nov 19, 2019 8:10 am

All times are UTC+01:00




Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 2342 posts ]  Go to page Previous 189 90 91 92 93 94 Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2019 1:19 am 
Offline
Colonel
Colonel
User avatar

Joined: Sat Mar 01, 2003 12:00 pm
Posts: 20605
Location: teh internet
Got a new t-shirt

Image


Top
   
PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2019 1:34 am 
Offline
Brigadier General
Brigadier General
User avatar

Joined: Mon Mar 01, 2004 9:42 am
Posts: 26404
PBFMullethunter wrote:
Got a new t-shirt

Image



Mosquito probably sexiest aircraft

_________________
Empir immoto


Top
   
PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2019 1:39 am 
Offline
Colonel
Colonel
User avatar

Joined: Sat Mar 01, 2003 12:00 pm
Posts: 20605
Location: teh internet
Yeah we have lots of Beavers here too. Cool planes even without droppable bombs.


Top
   
PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2019 2:03 am 
Offline
Lieutenant-Colonel
Lieutenant-Colonel
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jan 26, 2003 2:27 pm
Posts: 18139
Cool T shirt.

My first flight at the controls was in a DH Moth. I've also taken the controls of a de Havilland DH 89 Dragon Rapide at Joe Drage's now defunct air museum in Wodonga (that was a total blast).

Image

One of my favourites though is the de Havilland DH.88 Comet, Grosvener House, which won the UK to Australia air race.

A very popular model with the rc crowd


Image


Top
   
PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2019 2:14 am 
Offline
Colonel
Colonel
User avatar

Joined: Sat Mar 01, 2003 12:00 pm
Posts: 20605
Location: teh internet
El Sid wrote:
Cool T shirt.

My first flight at the controls was in a DH Moth. I've also taken the controls of a de Havilland DH 89 Dragon Rapide at Joe Drage's now defunct air museum in Wodonga (that was a total blast).

Image

One of my favourites though is the de Havilland DH.88 Comet, Grosvener House, which won the UK to Australia air race.

A very popular model with the rc crowd


Image


Nice!

I really need to take the controls of a plane, any plane. It will be a deathbed regret if I don’t.

BTW I’m currently reading the story of my Murrican grandma’s first cousin who piloted the B-17 in 1944. He made one successful bombing run over Bremen, then the next day his plane got assploded by flak and he parachuted into a party of SS officers. Lulz ensued.


Top
   
PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2019 2:24 am 
Offline
Lieutenant-Colonel
Lieutenant-Colonel
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jan 26, 2003 2:27 pm
Posts: 18139
PBFMullethunter wrote:

Nice!

I really need to take the controls of a plane, any plane. It will be a deathbed regret if I don’t.

BTW I’m currently reading the story of my Murrican grandma’s first cousin who piloted the B-17 in 1944. He made one successful bombing run over Bremen, then the next day his plane got assploded by flak and he parachuted into a party of SS officers. Lulz ensued.


My dad stayed safely on the ground working on Merlin and Griffon development at Derby. He did get to fly in a two seater Spitfire though. I think he got sick, lol.

You should get yourself down to the nearest flight school and have their introductory flight and lesson. It's usually discounted to attract students. Doesn't cost much even if it isn't. The instructor will hand over to you right after take off and may even let you land after a couple of demonstration touch and goes. Mine did. I went solo at ten hours (some do it faster, but my approach and landings were a bit rough, as I wasn't using the rudder properly at first - too tensed up).


Top
   
PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2019 4:26 am 
Offline
Lieutenant-Colonel
Lieutenant-Colonel
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jan 26, 2003 2:27 pm
Posts: 18139
Maybe practice on a simulator before that first lesson, Mullet....

Trainee pilot makes emergency landing at Jandakot Airport after instructor blacks out

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2019-09-01/trainee-pilot-makes-emergency-landing-jandakot/11468580

A student pilot has made a dramatic emergency landing at Perth's Jandakot Airport during his first lesson in a two-seater aircraft after his instructor collapsed mid-flight.

The student, a man in his 30s, called air traffic control just over an hour into his lesson on Saturday afternoon after realising he was alone at the controls of the small Cessna.

"He's leaning over my shoulder, I'm trying to keep him up but he keeps falling down," the student can be heard telling the controller.

It was the man's first lesson in a two-seater as his wife and three children watched him from the ground.

The air traffic operator kept the trainee calm as he talked him through an emergency landing.

"Do you know how to operate the airplane?" the operator asks.

"This is my first lesson," the student tells him.


Top
   
PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2019 4:38 am 
Offline
Brigadier General
Brigadier General
User avatar

Joined: Mon Mar 01, 2004 9:42 am
Posts: 26404
El Sid wrote:
Maybe practice on a simulator before that first lesson, Mullet....

Trainee pilot makes emergency landing at Jandakot Airport after instructor blacks out

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2019-09-01/trainee-pilot-makes-emergency-landing-jandakot/11468580

A student pilot has made a dramatic emergency landing at Perth's Jandakot Airport during his first lesson in a two-seater aircraft after his instructor collapsed mid-flight.

The student, a man in his 30s, called air traffic control just over an hour into his lesson on Saturday afternoon after realising he was alone at the controls of the small Cessna.

"He's leaning over my shoulder, I'm trying to keep him up but he keeps falling down," the student can be heard telling the controller.

It was the man's first lesson in a two-seater as his wife and three children watched him from the ground.

The air traffic operator kept the trainee calm as he talked him through an emergency landing.

"Do you know how to operate the airplane?" the operator asks.

"This is my first lesson," the student tells him.

Some one needs to change his pants and get a medal.

_________________
Empir immoto


Top
   
PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2019 4:45 am 
Offline
Colonel
Colonel
User avatar

Joined: Sat Mar 01, 2003 12:00 pm
Posts: 20605
Location: teh internet
One of my elementary school friends became a flight instructor. He died in ‘99 when his 15-year-old student fucked up and steered the plane into another plane.


Top
   
PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2019 4:52 am 
Offline
Brigadier General
Brigadier General
User avatar

Joined: Mon Mar 01, 2004 9:42 am
Posts: 26404
PBFMullethunter wrote:
One of my elementary school friends became a flight instructor. He died in ‘99 when his 15-year-old student fucked up and steered the plane into another plane.



This is why you should start collecting tanks.

_________________
Empir immoto


Top
   
PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2019 4:54 am 
Offline
Colonel
Colonel
User avatar

Joined: Sat Mar 01, 2003 12:00 pm
Posts: 20605
Location: teh internet
barcelona wrote:
PBFMullethunter wrote:
One of my elementary school friends became a flight instructor. He died in ‘99 when his 15-year-old student fucked up and steered the plane into another plane.



This is why you should start collecting tanks.


With fireable shells?


Top
   
PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2019 5:02 am 
Offline
Brigadier General
Brigadier General
User avatar

Joined: Mon Mar 01, 2004 9:42 am
Posts: 26404
PBFMullethunter wrote:
barcelona wrote:
PBFMullethunter wrote:
One of my elementary school friends became a flight instructor. He died in ‘99 when his 15-year-old student fucked up and steered the plane into another plane.



This is why you should start collecting tanks.


With fireable shells?

Obviously

_________________
Empir immoto


Top
   
PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2019 5:04 am 
Offline
Colonel
Colonel
User avatar

Joined: Sat Mar 01, 2003 12:00 pm
Posts: 20605
Location: teh internet
The show I went to last weekend had a tank with fireable blank.

Image


Top
   
PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2019 5:10 am 
Offline
Lieutenant-Colonel
Lieutenant-Colonel
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jan 26, 2003 2:27 pm
Posts: 18139
PBFMullethunter wrote:
The show I went to last weekend had a tank with fireable blank.

Image


Little Hetzer. :D I used to love mine in World of Tanks, until they nerfed it.

And yeah, I know the Jagdpanzer 38 supposedly wasn't called a Hetzer in WWII.


Top
   
PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2019 4:47 am 
Offline
Sergeant-Major
Sergeant-Major
User avatar

Joined: Fri Apr 01, 2005 8:18 am
Posts: 8442
Do it Mullet - I'm getting close to my private pilot checkride and it's been one of the most rewarding things I've ever done. Well worth the $$$ (which I won't lie, is quite a bit). Let me know if you have any questions about the process.

Speaking of irresponsible spending, the reason I'm back:

Image

_________________
"While I have no moral qualms about setting the infirm to the flame I'm not going to. They're more useful alive and doing something whatever that something might be."


Top
   
PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2019 4:51 am 
Offline
Lieutenant-Colonel
Lieutenant-Colonel
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jan 26, 2003 2:27 pm
Posts: 18139
Pred wrote:
Do it Mullet - I'm getting close to my private pilot checkride and it's been one of the most rewarding things I've ever done. Well worth the $$$ (which I won't lie, is quite a bit). Let me know if you have any questions about the process.

Speaking of irresponsible spending, the reason I'm back:

Image


Nice!
I'm saving up for a new AMD Ryzen rig myself. Their new cpu's are the tits.


Top
   
PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2019 5:04 am 
Offline
Sergeant-Major
Sergeant-Major
User avatar

Joined: Fri Apr 01, 2005 8:18 am
Posts: 8442
El Sid wrote:
Nice!
I'm saving up for a new AMD Ryzen rig myself. Their new cpu's are the tits.


Unbelievable performance for the price, I'm running a Ryzen 5 2600 with a GTX 1660 Ti and I'm in love. And for literally half the cost of the nearest Intel equivalent.

_________________
"While I have no moral qualms about setting the infirm to the flame I'm not going to. They're more useful alive and doing something whatever that something might be."


Top
   
PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2019 8:51 am 
Offline
Sergeant First-Class
Sergeant First-Class
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jun 01, 2005 12:00 pm
Posts: 3426
Started work on my boat to get it ready for next year, 1st job is ripping out all the wiring and replacing it all (only tidy & working properly) . Boxes arriving at the house daily , it's like Christmas! this is just from last week:

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

_________________
"I get irreversible brain herpes from Fuckwits"

"you stupid illiterate fucking bastard fuck. Maybe you should grab a dictionary instead, you fucking twat wanker. Oh, and fuck you and your stupid fucking boat. Fucking fuck.
Now fuck off out of this thread, you buttfucking fucking asshole." Slacks


Top
   
PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2019 1:21 pm 
Offline
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 01, 2004 12:00 pm
Posts: 10891
Location: North
Junior-IRL wrote:
Started work on my boat to get it ready for next year, 1st job is ripping out all the wiring and replacing it all (only tidy & working properly) . Boxes arriving at the house daily , it's like Christmas! this is just from last week:

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image


fixed

_________________
I like it here. Get to do what you want, nobody fucks with you. The only worry you got is dying. And if that happens you won't know about it anyway. So what the fuck man?


Top
   
PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2019 2:57 pm 
Offline
Sergeant First-Class
Sergeant First-Class
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jun 01, 2005 12:00 pm
Posts: 3426
hahaha, well I need something to deal with fucking jetskis

_________________
"I get irreversible brain herpes from Fuckwits"

"you stupid illiterate fucking bastard fuck. Maybe you should grab a dictionary instead, you fucking twat wanker. Oh, and fuck you and your stupid fucking boat. Fucking fuck.
Now fuck off out of this thread, you buttfucking fucking asshole." Slacks


Top
   
PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2019 11:48 pm 
Offline
Lieutenant-Colonel
Lieutenant-Colonel
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jan 26, 2003 2:27 pm
Posts: 18139
Junior-IRL wrote:
hahaha, well I need something to deal with fucking jetskis


There's a special place in hell for the bastard who invented those fucking things. >>::$ >>::$ >>::$ >>::$


Top
   
PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2019 11:58 pm 
Offline
Lieutenant-Colonel
Lieutenant-Colonel
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jul 01, 2005 12:00 pm
Posts: 18754
I deal with jetskiers all Summer, I kinda like it, they're dicks.


Pred wrote:
Speaking of irresponsible spending, the reason I'm back:

Image


Where are the cables from the PSU? Does it plug straight into the back plate?


Top
   
PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2019 12:08 am 
Offline
Sergeant-Major
Sergeant-Major
User avatar

Joined: Fri Apr 01, 2005 8:18 am
Posts: 8442
Wunderschlung wrote:

Where are the cables from the PSU? Does it plug straight into the back plate?


There's a second cavity behind the main panel (accessible from the back side) where the storage drives are mounted and all the cabling is run. There's a cutout right behind the PSU that all the power cables feed through. Pretty dope design, made cable management super easy. Cooler Master Q500L

_________________
"While I have no moral qualms about setting the infirm to the flame I'm not going to. They're more useful alive and doing something whatever that something might be."


Top
   
PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2019 12:26 am 
Offline
Colonel
Colonel
User avatar

Joined: Sat Mar 01, 2003 12:00 pm
Posts: 20605
Location: teh internet
El Sid wrote:
Junior-IRL wrote:
hahaha, well I need something to deal with fucking jetskis


There's a special place in hell for the bastard who invented those fucking things. >>::$ >>::$ >>::$ >>::$


A solvable problem...

Image


Top
   
PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2019 12:35 am 
Offline
Lieutenant-Colonel
Lieutenant-Colonel
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jan 26, 2003 2:27 pm
Posts: 18139
PBFMullethunter wrote:
El Sid wrote:
Junior-IRL wrote:
hahaha, well I need something to deal with fucking jetskis


There's a special place in hell for the bastard who invented those fucking things. >>::$ >>::$ >>::$ >>::$


A solvable problem...

Image


:D

They seem to be really good at running into each other here. Good for the lols.


Top
   
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 2342 posts ]  Go to page Previous 189 90 91 92 93 94 Next

All times are UTC+01:00


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 15 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Limited