It is currently Sat Mar 23, 2019 5:45 pm

All times are UTC+01:00




Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 1551 posts ]  Go to page Previous 156 57 58 59 6063 Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2018 3:38 pm 
Offline
Lieutenant-Colonel
Lieutenant-Colonel
User avatar

Joined: Sat Mar 01, 2003 12:00 pm
Posts: 18173
Location: teh internet
El Sid wrote:
PBFMullethunter wrote:
I bet it won’t be long till we can have VR dogfights with live ammo on scale RC models.


Not here, any form of gun or rocket is strictly banned on rc models under CASA regulations. Maybe low power lasers registering hits on another plane. Until then, we have to make do with on-board sound systems and LED light machine guns.


Yeah it will be in Murrica, or one of those desert countries in the middle east.


Top
   
PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2018 5:49 am 
Offline
Sergeant
Sergeant
User avatar

Joined: Sat Apr 01, 2006 4:06 pm
Posts: 1730
Location: SacOfTomatoes, California
So, right before we bought our new home in April I went to work and the house was robbed.

Both my wife's and my conceal carry weapons were stolen, along with all her photography equipment.

We were surprisingly mellow about the fact that our bedroom had been rifled through by stranger(s) when we were gone. But the real joke ended up being on the robber.

See, my wife had her Nikon D3 and some nice lenses, but they were about 10 years old at this point. We kept a floating policy on her camera and lenses because she uses them all the time, and honestly the cost of the policy was like 25 dollars a year.

Fast forward to the robbery, our insurance cuts wife a check the next day and direct deposits it. She was back at the camera store with a little over $6,800 in hand to get a new body and lenses.

She got decked out with Nikon's new D850 and some great lenses.

I don't think that the D3 was worth 600 dollars for the body only, anymore.

Still pissed off about our CCW guns though.

_________________
Today I'll do the countless things
That others will not do
So that tomorrow I may choose
From things they can not do
-------------------------------------
Haven't had faggots in ages. I fuckin' love faggots. -[Slacks 11/22/2012]

To be honest I've grown to love my gap.. -[barcelona Sun Sep 07, 2014 1:36 pm]


Top
   
PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2018 6:02 am 
Offline
Colonel
Colonel
User avatar

Joined: Mon Mar 01, 2004 9:42 am
Posts: 24593
Javadog wrote:
So, right before we bought our new home in April I went to work and the house was robbed.

Both my wife's and my conceal carry weapons were stolen, along with all her photography equipment.

We were surprisingly mellow about the fact that our bedroom had been rifled through by stranger(s) when we were gone. But the real joke ended up being on the robber.

See, my wife had her Nikon D3 and some nice lenses, but they were about 10 years old at this point. We kept a floating policy on her camera and lenses because she uses them all the time, and honestly the cost of the policy was like 25 dollars a year.

Fast forward to the robbery, our insurance cuts wife a check the next day and direct deposits it. She was back at the camera store with a little over $6,800 in hand to get a new body and lenses.

She got decked out with Nikon's new D850 and some great lenses.

I don't think that the D3 was worth 600 dollars for the body only, anymore.

Still pissed off about our CCW guns though.



Should have kept your guns in a secure gun locker.

_________________
Empir immoto


Top
   
PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2018 6:08 am 
Offline
Lieutenant-Colonel
Lieutenant-Colonel
User avatar

Joined: Sat Mar 01, 2003 12:00 pm
Posts: 18173
Location: teh internet
It takes a good guy with a gun standing by your guns to stop a bad guy without a gun from stealing your guns and then having guns.


Top
   
PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2018 6:38 am 
Offline
Sergeant
Sergeant
User avatar

Joined: Sat Apr 01, 2006 4:06 pm
Posts: 1730
Location: SacOfTomatoes, California
The guns were all locked in their own individual steel gun cases, and those were locked in the bottom of our closet in a box. The guess is they tried lifting the box and then saw how heavy it was. They broke into it, and then stole the steel cases with the guns in them.

They took it all.

_________________
Today I'll do the countless things
That others will not do
So that tomorrow I may choose
From things they can not do
-------------------------------------
Haven't had faggots in ages. I fuckin' love faggots. -[Slacks 11/22/2012]

To be honest I've grown to love my gap.. -[barcelona Sun Sep 07, 2014 1:36 pm]


Top
   
PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2018 2:11 pm 
Offline
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant
User avatar

Joined: Mon Sep 01, 2003 9:42 am
Posts: 11597
Location: Canuckistan
Javadog wrote:
The guns were all locked in their own individual steel gun cases, and those were locked in the bottom of our closet in a box. The guess is they tried lifting the box and then saw how heavy it was. They broke into it, and then stole the steel cases with the guns in them.

They took it all.


You need to invest in a proper gun vault that can't be carted away. On the plus side it leaves you more room to store said guns....

_________________
______________________________________________________
"Without warning, sans remorse"


Top
   
PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2018 8:13 pm 
Offline
Sergeant
Sergeant
User avatar

Joined: Sat Apr 01, 2006 4:06 pm
Posts: 1730
Location: SacOfTomatoes, California
Yea. I completely agree. Timeline of events:

Bought CCW guns, locks, and lock boxes in December '17.

Found new house and started process of Move/Store/Migrate mid April (we are now not buying anything, we are storing and preparing to move)

Robbed between 11:20AM and 1:20PM Mid April when I go to my kids school to work for an hour (someone was watching my pattern)

Buy House and Move May 27th. (never moving again)

Will have a Liberty Safe (Liberty Colonial 30) installed and secured in the garage this year.

Problem was, we bought that previous house just a year before. It was a stopgap measure because the acrage we had in contract had too many problems and so we had to back out. That left us in this rental unit with about 20 days to figure something out, so we just decided to buy the place we were renting and stop the clock and regroup.

Ended up being a good thing, because in the year from purchasing that rental place and selling it, our California market went even more crazy. I also did a year of sweat equity work on the yard and gardens and we ended up selling it for $35,000 more than we paid for it the previous year.

But yes I am still pissed about the CCW guns. We didn't even put rounds through them yet. And I am 90% sure I know who was watching me, but the police have yet to question him or do anything.

_________________
Today I'll do the countless things
That others will not do
So that tomorrow I may choose
From things they can not do
-------------------------------------
Haven't had faggots in ages. I fuckin' love faggots. -[Slacks 11/22/2012]

To be honest I've grown to love my gap.. -[barcelona Sun Sep 07, 2014 1:36 pm]


Top
   
PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2018 2:23 am 
Offline
Lieutenant-Colonel
Lieutenant-Colonel
User avatar

Joined: Sat Mar 01, 2003 12:00 pm
Posts: 18173
Location: teh internet
Sorry I have been forgetting to post photos lately.

Here is a lactating coyote with mange.

Image


Top
   
PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2018 8:17 am 
Offline
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 01, 2004 12:00 pm
Posts: 10611
Location: North
Those model planes look really good quality. I wonder if I could buy few and create something authentic looking action pics. The Stuka looks best I think.

_________________
I like it here. Get to do what you want, nobody fucks with you. The only worry you got is dying. And if that happens you won't know about it anyway. So what the fuck man?


Top
   
PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2018 8:29 am 
Offline
Major General
Major General
User avatar

Joined: Fri Oct 01, 2004 12:00 pm
Posts: 32531
PBFMullethunter wrote:
Sorry I have been forgetting to post photos lately.

Here is a lactating coyote with mange.

Image


Thanks for sharing.

_________________
barcelona wrote:
Pics of Someguy naked wrapped in bacon........


Top
   
PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2018 9:21 am 
Offline
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 01, 2004 12:00 pm
Posts: 10611
Location: North
CHUPACABRA!!! p@:>

_________________
I like it here. Get to do what you want, nobody fucks with you. The only worry you got is dying. And if that happens you won't know about it anyway. So what the fuck man?


Top
   
PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2018 12:30 am 
Offline
Lieutenant-Colonel
Lieutenant-Colonel
User avatar

Joined: Sat Mar 01, 2003 12:00 pm
Posts: 18173
Location: teh internet
Rate My 'Shop

Image

This owl was in a mesh cage... is it obvious or no? :D


Top
   
PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2018 12:44 am 
Offline
Colonel
Colonel
User avatar

Joined: Mon Mar 01, 2004 9:42 am
Posts: 24593
PBFMullethunter wrote:
Rate My 'Shop

Image

This owl was in a mesh cage... is it obvious or no? :D



Can't see any mesh.

_________________
Empir immoto


Top
   
PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2018 12:50 am 
Offline
Lieutenant-Colonel
Lieutenant-Colonel
User avatar

Joined: Sat Mar 01, 2003 12:00 pm
Posts: 18173
Location: teh internet
Is it obviously fake though, as in the tree and bird were two different photos?

If it’s passable I’ll spend some more time with noise reduction and try to get it sharper... Screech owls are fucking impossible to find the honest way.


Top
   
PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2018 12:55 am 
Offline
Colonel
Colonel
User avatar

Joined: Mon Mar 01, 2004 9:42 am
Posts: 24593
PBFMullethunter wrote:
Is it obviously fake though, as in the tree and bird were two different photos?

If it’s passable I’ll spend some more time with noise reduction and try to get it sharper... Screech owls are fucking impossible to find the honest way.



Aaaaaaa now I see it.

_________________
Empir immoto


Top
   
PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2018 1:32 am 
Offline
Lieutenant-Colonel
Lieutenant-Colonel
User avatar

Joined: Sat Mar 01, 2003 12:00 pm
Posts: 18173
Location: teh internet
Better... or worser?

Image


Top
   
PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2018 2:34 am 
Offline
Lieutenant-Colonel
Lieutenant-Colonel
User avatar

Joined: Sat Mar 01, 2003 12:00 pm
Posts: 18173
Location: teh internet
A bit lighter...

Image


Last edited by PBFMullethunter on Wed Jul 25, 2018 3:56 am, edited 1 time in total.

Top
   
PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2018 2:44 am 
Offline
Lieutenant-Colonel
Lieutenant-Colonel
User avatar

Joined: Sat Mar 01, 2003 12:00 pm
Posts: 18173
Location: teh internet
OK fuck it... good enough for jazz.


Top
   
PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2018 7:36 pm 
Offline
Lieutenant-Colonel
Lieutenant-Colonel
User avatar

Joined: Sat Mar 01, 2003 12:00 pm
Posts: 18173
Location: teh internet
Planes

Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image

First time I've seen the Corsair in action... it makes an impressive roar. I noticed that the Messerschmitt sounded a lot like a Spitfire, and indeed it has been fitted with a Rolls-Royce engine. :P


Top
   
PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2018 10:40 pm 
Offline
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant
User avatar

Joined: Mon Sep 01, 2003 9:42 am
Posts: 11597
Location: Canuckistan
Those Corsairs have always been a favourite of mine. Nothing sounds like those big radials or looks like it with the wings.

_________________
______________________________________________________
"Without warning, sans remorse"


Top
   
PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2018 10:59 pm 
Offline
Colonel
Colonel
User avatar

Joined: Mon Mar 01, 2004 9:42 am
Posts: 24593
Some lovely pics there.. Love my planes...

_________________
Empir immoto


Top
   
PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2018 3:30 am 
Offline
Lieutenant-Colonel
Lieutenant-Colonel
User avatar

Joined: Sat Mar 01, 2003 12:00 pm
Posts: 18173
Location: teh internet
BUNNY wrote:
Those model planes look really good quality. I wonder if I could buy few and create something authentic looking action pics. The Stuka looks best I think.


Do it...

The Stuka is Oxford (UK) and the other Kraut crates are De Agostini (Italy). 1/72 diecast. eBay is the way.

I ordered a Mustang yesterday, just cuz Murrica pew pew.

I planned to set up a nice field with LEGO but it appears that was all given to a nephew :((


Last edited by PBFMullethunter on Wed Jul 25, 2018 4:08 am, edited 1 time in total.

Top
   
PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2018 3:32 am 
Offline
Colonel
Colonel
User avatar

Joined: Mon Mar 01, 2004 9:42 am
Posts: 24593
PBFMullethunter wrote:
BUNNY wrote:
Those model planes look really good quality. I wonder if I could buy few and create something authentic looking action pics. The Stuka looks best I think.


Do it...

The Stuka is Oxford (UK) and the Kraut crates are De Agostini (Italy). 1/72 diecast. eBay is the way.

I ordered a Mustang yesterday, just cuz Murrica pew pew.

I planned to set up a nice field with LEGO but it appears that was all given to a nephew :((



You need me262.

_________________
Empir immoto


Top
   
PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2018 3:35 am 
Offline
Lieutenant-Colonel
Lieutenant-Colonel
User avatar

Joined: Sat Mar 01, 2003 12:00 pm
Posts: 18173
Location: teh internet
barcelona wrote:

You need me262.


I’ll get it eventually. Also Fokker triplane.


Top
   
PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2018 4:07 am 
Offline
Colonel
Colonel
User avatar

Joined: Mon Mar 01, 2004 9:42 am
Posts: 24593
PBFMullethunter wrote:
barcelona wrote:

You need me262.


I’ll get it eventually. Also Fokker triplane.



phpBB [video]

_________________
Empir immoto


Top
   
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 1551 posts ]  Go to page Previous 156 57 58 59 6063 Next

All times are UTC+01:00


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 12 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Limited