It is currently Sat Mar 23, 2019 6:01 pm

All times are UTC+01:00




Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 780 posts ]  Go to page Previous 128 29 30 31 32 Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: The music thread.
PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2018 4:25 pm 
Online
Lieutenant-Colonel
Lieutenant-Colonel
User avatar

Joined: Sat Mar 01, 2003 12:00 pm
Posts: 18174
Location: teh internet
Slacks wrote:
PBFMullethunter wrote:
How the fuck could anyone not like Hotel California??.


I went backpacking in Thailand for a few months and they played it to death in each and every bar and restaurant that remotely catered to foreigners. Fuck that song.


It’s not the song’s fault you went to kitchy places.


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: The music thread.
PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2018 4:54 pm 
Offline
Major General
Major General
User avatar

Joined: Fri Oct 01, 2004 12:00 pm
Posts: 32531
PBFMullethunter wrote:
Slacks wrote:
PBFMullethunter wrote:
How the fuck could anyone not like Hotel California??.


I went backpacking in Thailand for a few months and they played it to death in each and every bar and restaurant that remotely catered to foreigners. Fuck that song.


It’s not the song’s fault you went to kitchy places.


Sometimes you need a taste of the familiar. Doesn't have to be annoying though!

_________________
barcelona wrote:
Pics of Someguy naked wrapped in bacon........


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: The music thread.
PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2018 2:39 am 
Online
Lieutenant-Colonel
Lieutenant-Colonel
User avatar

Joined: Sat Mar 01, 2003 12:00 pm
Posts: 18174
Location: teh internet
Know what else I can’t stand? “Jailbreak” by Thin Lizzy. Makes me think of someone who got dropped on the head as a baby and then wrote a song.


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: The music thread.
PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2018 2:54 am 
Offline
Colonel
Colonel
User avatar

Joined: Mon Mar 01, 2004 9:42 am
Posts: 24593
PBFMullethunter wrote:
Know what else I can’t stand? “Jailbreak” by Thin Lizzy. Makes me think of someone who got dropped on the head as a baby and then wrote a song.



I'm on the wall with thin lizzy.. My best mate in the 80s loved them. And I loved The Cult. We were always at war on the debate who was better....., obviously the cult.

_________________
Empir immoto


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: The music thread.
PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2018 3:00 am 
Online
Lieutenant-Colonel
Lieutenant-Colonel
User avatar

Joined: Sat Mar 01, 2003 12:00 pm
Posts: 18174
Location: teh internet
barcelona wrote:
PBFMullethunter wrote:
Know what else I can’t stand? “Jailbreak” by Thin Lizzy. Makes me think of someone who got dropped on the head as a baby and then wrote a song.



I'm on the wall with thin lizzy.. My best mate in the 80s loved them. And I loved The Cult. We were always at war on the debate who was better....., obviously the cult.



I was always kinda “meh” about the Cult. Not terrible but not something I would ever seek out or intentionally listen to.


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: The music thread.
PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2018 3:11 am 
Offline
Colonel
Colonel
User avatar

Joined: Mon Mar 01, 2004 9:42 am
Posts: 24593
PBFMullethunter wrote:
barcelona wrote:
PBFMullethunter wrote:
Know what else I can’t stand? “Jailbreak” by Thin Lizzy. Makes me think of someone who got dropped on the head as a baby and then wrote a song.



I'm on the wall with thin lizzy.. My best mate in the 80s loved them. And I loved The Cult. We were always at war on the debate who was better....., obviously the cult.



I was always kinda “meh” about the Cult. Not terrible but not something I would ever seek out or intentionally listen to.


You are dead to me.




I grew up with them.. Part of the punk and goth scene in early eighties... Loved them to death.

_________________
Empir immoto


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: The music thread.
PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2018 3:18 am 
Online
Lieutenant-Colonel
Lieutenant-Colonel
User avatar

Joined: Sat Mar 01, 2003 12:00 pm
Posts: 18174
Location: teh internet
You’re just older.

I had Soundgarden and Faith No More. O{DC}O

And before that, Megadeth and that other Megadeth wannabe band.


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: The music thread.
PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2018 3:18 am 
Offline
Colonel
Colonel
User avatar

Joined: Mon Mar 01, 2004 9:42 am
Posts: 24593
PBFMullethunter wrote:
You’re just older.

I had Soundgarden and Faith No More. O{DC}O



They were much later......

_________________
Empir immoto


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: The music thread.
PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2018 3:25 am 
Online
Lieutenant-Colonel
Lieutenant-Colonel
User avatar

Joined: Sat Mar 01, 2003 12:00 pm
Posts: 18174
Location: teh internet
barcelona wrote:
PBFMullethunter wrote:
You’re just older.

I had Soundgarden and Faith No More. O{DC}O



They were much later......


Yeah when I was 15. Stuff I listened to when I was 8 didn’t count. Like Quiet Riot and shit.


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: The music thread.
PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2018 3:28 am 
Offline
Colonel
Colonel
User avatar

Joined: Mon Mar 01, 2004 9:42 am
Posts: 24593
PBFMullethunter wrote:
barcelona wrote:
PBFMullethunter wrote:
You’re just older.

I had Soundgarden and Faith No More. O{DC}O



They were much later......


Yeah when I was 15. Stuff I listened to when I was 8 didn’t count. Like Quiet Riot and shit.



Didn't listen to gay Murricun hair metal

Iron Maiden shaped my early youth. And later punk.

_________________
Empir immoto


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: The music thread.
PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2018 3:33 am 
Online
Lieutenant-Colonel
Lieutenant-Colonel
User avatar

Joined: Sat Mar 01, 2003 12:00 pm
Posts: 18174
Location: teh internet
Oh yeah Maiden will always be awesome stuff. I still have an Eddie fabric poster.


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: The music thread.
PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2018 3:38 am 
Offline
Colonel
Colonel
User avatar

Joined: Mon Mar 01, 2004 9:42 am
Posts: 24593
PBFMullethunter wrote:
Oh yeah Maiden will always be awesome stuff. I still have an Eddie fabric poster.



I stole an iron maiden number of the beast poster from a bus shelter in early 80s. It was huge and took pride of place in my bedroom until we had a fire and I lost it...... :((

_________________
Empir immoto


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: The music thread.
PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2018 6:36 pm 
Offline
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 01, 2004 12:00 pm
Posts: 10611
Location: North
phpBB [video]

_________________
I like it here. Get to do what you want, nobody fucks with you. The only worry you got is dying. And if that happens you won't know about it anyway. So what the fuck man?


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: The music thread.
PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2018 6:44 pm 
Offline
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 01, 2004 12:00 pm
Posts: 10611
Location: North
phpBB [video]

_________________
I like it here. Get to do what you want, nobody fucks with you. The only worry you got is dying. And if that happens you won't know about it anyway. So what the fuck man?


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: The music thread.
PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2018 6:57 pm 
Offline
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 01, 2004 12:00 pm
Posts: 10611
Location: North
phpBB [video]

_________________
I like it here. Get to do what you want, nobody fucks with you. The only worry you got is dying. And if that happens you won't know about it anyway. So what the fuck man?


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: The music thread.
PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2018 7:04 pm 
Offline
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 01, 2004 12:00 pm
Posts: 10611
Location: North
phpBB [video]

_________________
I like it here. Get to do what you want, nobody fucks with you. The only worry you got is dying. And if that happens you won't know about it anyway. So what the fuck man?


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: The music thread.
PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2018 12:50 am 
Offline
Corporal
Corporal
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jun 01, 2005 12:00 pm
Posts: 747
phpBB [video]

_________________
"The greatest swordsman who ever lived didn't have a sword?!"


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: The music thread.
PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2018 4:03 am 
Offline
Corporal
Corporal
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jun 01, 2005 12:00 pm
Posts: 747
phpBB [video]


*blydi drrunk aggain... :-S O{DC}O ahahaha oh yeah...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Talfryn_Thomas[url]John Talfryn Thomas was born in Swansea on 31 October 1922. He trained as an instrument mechanic but joined the local amateur dramatic society. During World War II, he joined the Royal Air Force (RAF), and was a rear gunner on a Lancaster bomber, flying on multiple raids into Germany. After surviving a crash in which all the other crew members were killed, he took up acting partly as therapy for the trauma, before training as an actor in the London Academy of Music and Dramatic Art (LAMDA).[1]including those of Private Cheeseman in Dad's Army[/url]

_________________
"The greatest swordsman who ever lived didn't have a sword?!"


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: The music thread.
PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2018 2:50 am 
Offline
Colonel
Colonel
User avatar

Joined: Mon Mar 01, 2004 9:42 am
Posts: 24593
phackburt wrote:
phpBB [video]


*blydi drrunk aggain... :-S O{DC}O ahahaha oh yeah...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Talfryn_Thomas[url]John Talfryn Thomas was born in Swansea on 31 October 1922. He trained as an instrument mechanic but joined the local amateur dramatic society. During World War II, he joined the Royal Air Force (RAF), and was a rear gunner on a Lancaster bomber, flying on multiple raids into Germany. After surviving a crash in which all the other crew members were killed, he took up acting partly as therapy for the trauma, before training as an actor in the London Academy of Music and Dramatic Art (LAMDA).[1]including those of Private Cheeseman in Dad's Army[/url]




Is that Keith Richards??

_________________
Empir immoto


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: The music thread.
PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2018 12:39 am 
Offline
Corporal
Corporal
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jun 01, 2005 12:00 pm
Posts: 747
Quote:
Is that Keith Richards??


Yup, he helped organize the gig. Linda Rondstadt is on backing guitar... ;)

_________________
"The greatest swordsman who ever lived didn't have a sword?!"


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: The music thread.
PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2018 3:44 am 
Offline
Lieutenant-Colonel
Lieutenant-Colonel
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jul 01, 2005 12:00 pm
Posts: 18544
I just love Reni (drummer) in this.

phpBB [video]


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: The music thread.
PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2018 4:23 am 
Offline
Colonel
Colonel
User avatar

Joined: Mon Mar 01, 2004 9:42 am
Posts: 24593
Wunderschlung wrote:
I just love Reni (drummer) in this.

phpBB [video]




E...P...I...C band.


Wasn't Manny the bassist in Primal Scream?

_________________
Empir immoto


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: The music thread.
PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2018 4:33 am 
Offline
Lieutenant-Colonel
Lieutenant-Colonel
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jul 01, 2005 12:00 pm
Posts: 18544
Yeah, after the Roses.


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: The music thread.
PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2018 5:02 am 
Offline
Colonel
Colonel
User avatar

Joined: Mon Mar 01, 2004 9:42 am
Posts: 24593
Wunderschlung wrote:
Yeah, after the Roses.



Ok first or second album?


Which is your fave?

_________________
Empir immoto


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: The music thread.
PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2018 5:14 am 
Offline
Lieutenant-Colonel
Lieutenant-Colonel
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jul 01, 2005 12:00 pm
Posts: 18544
The first is one of those with no fillers. Nothing to skip past, if anything, I skip back to hear a tune again.

Second album got lots of stick (expectation), but it rocks. Fuck all wrong with it. Some bangers.


Top
   
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 780 posts ]  Go to page Previous 128 29 30 31 32 Next

All times are UTC+01:00


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: PBFMullethunter and 18 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Limited